It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeldin Attacker Was Not a ''Rabid LIBERAL''

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Then some senators should invite him to a softball game.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't care what Zeldin said. He is a politician and will spin the event to his own advantage what ever the case.
And yes, that plastic cat was designed as a weapon, no doubt, and a stupid thing to have on his fingers in either case.

You can watch the video as well as I can. My determination from watching it a number of times demonstrates that it might have been an attack to the jugular but also might have been just what he said it was, an attempt to grab the mic. Either was a stupid thing to do.

One if it was not an attack, it was stupid to wear that finger blade. Two if it was an attack, it was stupid to make the attack with such a small weapon and not use it forcefully. He clearly was lackadaisical in his approach with no real force behind it if it was a premeditated attack.

But in either case, he was a drunk with with a vengeful purpose who apparently knew no more about Zeldin other than he had heard that he had said bad things about vets. Dumb, I know. But clearly not the ''rabid liberal'' and part of an over arching leftist plan to intimidate conservatives as the original post made it out to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And that was STEW PID as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: DBCowboy

And that was STEW PID as well.

Sure.

Double standards are a thing now.

It's cool.

Ask some Supremes.

Or the J6 folks still in solitary after 18 months.

Hello, Kitty.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

One if it was not an attack, it was stupid to wear that finger blade.

Two if it was an attack, it was stupid to make the attack with such a small weapon and not use it forcefully. He clearly was lackadaisical in his approach with no real force behind it if it was a premeditated attack.

Of course, it was a planned attack....the dude rushed the stage with a stabbing device clenched in his fist...which would also make it hard to grab anything...let alone a mic.

As for the weapon, itself...actually a very smart choice if smuggling a gun or a steel blade into the rally was not an option due to metal detectors...which are always present for entrance into these events.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

...as for his "lackadaisical in his approach with no real force behind it"...it doesn't take much pressure to puncture a jugular with a sharp object...which was clearly the attacker's intent.

If Zeldin had not grabbed the guy's wrist when he did...there would've been one VERY bloody and inevitable death on that stage.
edit on 1PMJulCDTPMCDT by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

He ''rushed the stage''? Come on, how do you see that as ''rushed''. Watch it again. He ambled. He made no attempt to lunge or anything like that. He ambled toward Zeldin and reached, reached, either for the mic or to strike with the prongs.

There was no thrust as if to stab. Once he met the slightest resistance, do you see him continue with the attack or raise his weapon again? No, he continues to use his mouth and nothing else. He made little if any attempt to continue with what you are some are calling a lunge. Watch it again. Here, for you

But once again, the point of the thread is that as far as we know now, he is not a ''rabid LIBERAL''. If anything he is namby-pamby with an ill-defined grudge.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Haven't you heard it was a hello kitty window smasher,

above from this video.

Rep. Lee Zeldin attacked at New York campaign event

in another thread one poster tried to claim it wasn't a attempted attack, i asked him to let me punch him in the face with a hello kitty window smasher with pointy ears and then let him tell me it wasn't a a attempted attack.

their sold as a self defense weapon, they can also be used offensively as shown here.

Creative Defensive Cat Hand Clasp Tiger Keychain Home Essential Window Breaker Pendant Key Chain Car Bag Accessories Keyring
edit on 23-7-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe it was a "mostly peaceful" attempted assassination of a member of congress.

link   

I've seen the same video many times too...and, surprise, the attacker goes right for Zeldin's neck each time.

link   
There are lethal weapons sold as other things all the time. But that little kitty cat would have got you special hands on treatment from the TSA had you tried to sneak it past them for more hours than he was held.

A fundo-kusari is commonly recognized as a long chain that clips to you keys and a belt loop by your pocket. The chain will be about 30”

A yawara is a stick that fits the hand, generally a keychain device. The worst disguise being a kubaton style. But I have also seen one that looked like a dog’s chew toy with hard rubber ends to a particularly short rope. Japanese police used to have one with a length of cord used to subdue captured criminals named tenouchi. Which I think means gripped in the plam..

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yup main reason congress gets a 0% satisfaction from me as a whole, all those vets that are in there now and congress still wont try to fix the VA.

What I read was the guys wife died suddenly, he had a mental break army kicked him to the curb and the spiral continued down to this point.

Is it true *shrugs*, bottom line wish we as a nation actually gave a snip about mental health.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So, not a ''rabid Liberal'' as reported earlier

Are you basing the statement that he was NOT a "rabid Liberal" on the fact that he was a veteran, an alcoholic...or that he suffered a mental break?

Plenty of Liberals are vets, alcoholics and people with mental illness...(moreso the latter).

As for him saying he was told the gubernatorial candidate was "disrespecting veterans"...that would just indicate he's an avid consumer of CNN...and, likely, a "rabid Liberal".

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
At least the feds hauled him in. He shouldn't be on the street if his head is that screwed up.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
At least the feds hauled him in. He shouldn't be on the street if his head is that screwed up.

The democrats let him go free.

Apparently democrats don't care if a republican gets assassinated.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What about the Democrat running for Governor that both misrepresented Zeldin’s talking point and tells people to RSVP her if they attend his rallies? Seems a not very legit thing to do in retrospect now.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Imagine if the guy tried to assassinate AOC, instead.
Democrats would have him executed on the spot...after saying he was trying to date her.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Is Jussi Smollett okay?

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Is Jussi Smollett okay?

He's still hangin' in there.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

He was later rearrested by the feds.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join