It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality is it true?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Immortality was true for the previous civilization until the parasites invaded earth and used advanced technology to destroy all life forms. But reincarnation is very real the soul is eternal (for some,not all) as it is energy U cannot destroy.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 2.24.2023 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

edit on 4/17/23 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 4/21/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 4/22/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Edited spam
edit on 4/23/23 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

edit on Tue Apr 25 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   

edit on 4/29/2023 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I would say it is a trick to get them to follow.

On another note. What would be good things to do if someone is immortal?

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I believe the idea is that your good deeds have to match your bad deeds in scope and deliberation.

It's not about being good nor bad, only level.

If that is the case, and at the end of your life you were deemed to be neither worthy of heaven nor hell, then you can pass go, collect $200, and skirt the laws of the afterlife for a little while.

edit on 29-6-2023 by Privy_Princess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
In all that I see and imagine, nothing lasts forever. Nothing. The only difference is perception of time and it’s scale.

“The hills and mountains flow from form to
Form and nothing stands”

Only the finite has any real value.

Based on this, I personally feel like Immortality is a pipe dream and cheapens anything it’s attached to.
edit on 29-6-2023 by StrangeApes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

That's what Jimmy Saville was hoping.
He was reported to be crossing his fingers when his dead body was discovered.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sitting, standing or laying down in the unborn/unmade... Is akin to being one with the letter A(source). Accepting that due to others existing? That leaving the sitting, standing and laying down in the source occurs... That After such a perfection is realized/achieved that in doing so(leaving it)? Is seen as compassionate act and without fault.

Not seeing it that way or forgetting it is that way trying to find the way or knowing it is that way and reminding others it is that way or just knowing it is that way with a stupid smile is often a continuing practice.

edit on 4-7-2023 by Crowfoot because: syntax

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Who says we only can reincarnate as a human on Earth?

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: speedy1

If the soul is eternal because it is energy that can't be destroyed, you also say that not all souls are eternal. Why? What happens to terminate the soul?

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels To clarify; Soul if it must be defined, is something that cannot be changed in a known species... Like: A cat will play with string out of both pleasure and irritation with it.

A human asking a human about a soul however; Is silly... As any and all humans would be blind to it no matter how obvious... The same way a cat is blind to all cats and a string being a part of theirs of playing with it regardless of equal amounts of love and hate for it... However; A cat etc. is not blind to whatever that 'soul' is that all human's will perform in equal amounts of love and hate for it.

I don't really suggest stabbing a guess for what that could be. Much like the silly woman that was playing with her cat and got into a box on the floor at which moment; Her cat started viciously attacking her and then another and still do last I heard; In however they have communicated it to each other. But that she inadvertently placed herself lower than their poop in their eyes having trained them to a box to do such a thing has put her permanently on the proverbial list.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Who says human, or any other animal for that matter, can reincarnate at all?

Organised religious practice that's who.

With the earliest recorded roots regarding reincarnation coming from ancient Indian religions, Hinduism and Jainism in particular.

The thing about reincarnation is that's important to note that while the notion of reincarnation may well be widespread across different cultures and religions, the specific beliefs, interpretations, and details pertaining to such vary significantly.

So who's right and who is wrong?

Because the fact of the matter is that they cannot all be correct.

Hence I'm inclined to believe none of them are and that reincarnation is a control construct just like many others associated with organised religious practice.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If reincarnation is a control construct, it's a wonderful one. When people believe that their souls are eternal and they may come back to this world, they tend to want to develop their souls, and be kind, gentle, and helpful to a world that they may soon return.

I know this to be true with myself, but I don't witness it others very often, as many people in the West don't believe in reincarnation. I would argue that, the less a person believes in the possibility of reincarnation, the less likely they will care about the world they leave behind, or the condition of their soul.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join