It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF asks to see firearms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Risky Activity is openly breaking the law in front of a homeowner in a stand your ground state. The moment a felony happens, fleeing isn’t an option because civilian can use lethal force to prevent a felon from fleeing. Now, they did not press to felony as the story was told…but any sort of coercion under the color of law meets the threshold.

How is that? If they, federal law enforcement, was doing this without local county permission it is a misdemeanor. Conducting a search without a warrant doesn’t say permission granted to me. Committing a crime while in possession of a firearm…makes it a felony in many, many places.

No AR-15 was used in a mass shooting prior to the AWB.
Only two weapons that met the threshold of Assault Weapon were used prior to the AWB.
Prior to the AWB, AR-15 sales were abysmal. There was more owners of the SKS (which only holds 10 rounds) and AK-47 (as a semi auto). What makes them Assault Weapons? Bayonet lugs and a flash suppressor (pistol grip on AK)

If there is a problem, blame and prosecute the people that advertised these weapons as the ultimate killing machines like Joe Biden did.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Look. They didnt say they did. They asked. SLAM.

But, they did ask.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

ClownsInAmerica thank you for the heads up.
Expect the tax collector to show up in a FedEx truck.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If they had been knocking on my door they'd be knocking until they got bored or their knuckles were bloody.

My doormat says "Come back with a warrant."

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GopiGrl

Couple of years ago I ordered 3 AR lowers online which were delivered to a local shop. Went to the shop paid the fees, did the paperwork, and picked them up.

I would have been pissed if ATF came sniffing around after that.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

This.

I get that they are worried about Obama and Holder selling guns to cartels. Or whatever cross border gun sales issues they keep in mind.

But a person needs no reason to exercise a right. A person need not engage anyone about the exercising of a right. And that it appears that you end up on a list when you exercise a right is, itself, a huge violation of rights.

What bothers me most is that neither party has a freaking clue. Right now the right is cheering on the overturning of Roe. And I agree, abortion is a terrible thing. But Roe was overturned based on the claim that we have no consititional right to privacy. Despite HIPAA securing that right when you interact with your doctor. And they are applauding this??? What next? Filtering through hiring me based on my medical history? Since I have no right to privacy, what is preventing that? Since Roe seems to have overturned HIPAA, how do we reconcile this?

And how many more degradations to our rights will we tolerate simply because it makes us feel like our "side" is "winning"?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I find it amazing how many "workarounds" there are for a national registry. One, you can't tell me they aren't keeping records of background checks somewhere. Even if your local gun store owner doesn't keep records beyond a certain point, something has to get tracked on the NICS check. The government doesn't wipe its blessed assurance without a record of it, so the idea the government doesn't have a record of every background check I find...dubious.

Then there's concealed carry permits. Again, you file for them and it generates a ton of paperwork, and that's whether you get approved or not. Just filling out the application you've put yourself on a potential registry as a "potential" gun owner, whether you own one or not.

Third, we have credit card purchases being flagged now whenever someone buys a firearm (or a firearm accessory, I would imagine). Your credit card company can flag that transaction, and there again, you end up on a registry.

And those are the methods we can be reasonably certain of. Never mind anything tracking your Internet traffic. If there ever comes a day when the government gets stupid enough to try to confiscate firearms from citizens, they won't need just registered firearms databases. They can look at the NICS records, concealed carry records, and credit card records. God knows what else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join