It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hottest Day Ever and London's Burning ... Literally

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Who knew Chem trails would actually work?

I'm still questioning Chemtrails.

But, when you can visually see planes making checkerboard patterns in the sky -- only when rain clouds are relatively near -- it does make you wonder.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A lot smoke from what i seen on videos.

Not sure how accurate this NASA fire map is

NASA fire map

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Who knew Chem trails would actually work?

I'm still questioning Chemtrails.

But, when you can visually see planes making checkerboard patterns in the sky -- only when rain clouds are relatively near -- it does make you wonder.

All these things are conspiracy theories until they are not. It was admitted they are spraying chemicals to have an effect on the climate. It's not a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
England is burning?
Whole of Europe is burning!

several fires in the UK
two new big forest fires in France, on top of the previous ones
one very big one in Greece
2 forest fires in Belgium and one in the dunes at the beach
continuing fires in Portugal
continuing fires in Spain and Italy

Just heard on the there is a new big forest fire in the UK as of an hour ago?

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I live in the middle of the Sonora Desert AZ. Record temp 124.

You have to respect the heat. You don't fight it.

You move slowly, you cover up -- wear long sleeves, loose clothing, and a sun hat. Keep home window coverings closed.

Get up early, do what you gotta do -- quit early -- restart in the evening. There's a reason those on the Equator take mid-day siestas.

I keep my A/C at 80. But, sometimes inside temp is higher. I do use a fan to circulate air.

I don't understand why some try to compensate by turning their home into a refrigerator.

Because respectfully, not everybody has had to live their life like some desert horny toad. The Sonoran Desert doesn't have 9.5 Million people living there for a reason

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
I wonder if they were electrical fires with perhaps many electrical fans or AC units going.

Smokers tossing cigs?

Respectful
Ly, it's normally damp and cool in England. Plenty sure smokers think nothing of tossing their still smoldering butts.

In order to reach these temps, it has to be hot and bone dry. We're talking dry grass too, and I have seen pics of brown lawns over there. Those are a bad combo - smokers used to tossing and bone dry grass.
edit on 19-7-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
These days mini-splits are a lot easier to install and use than an air conditioner. If you're in an area where you are thinking of getting air conditioning for your house and you haven't heard of them I'd suggest looking into them. They're really nice because the main part of the unit goes outside (can go on the roof, on the wall, on the ground) and then you just run tubes to a little hole you make in the wall and set the air conditioning unit on the wall on the inside. And there are differing sizes. This always makes them run really quiet. So if you just want to cool one room, you can go as low as 1/2 a ton, but that's not really worth it. A 1 ton is good for an average size room and a 2 ton can cool a whole area like a living room and a kitchen together.

Home Depot calls them ductless air conditioners, I guess:

edit on 19-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's a map showing the location of the fires.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's well known that arsonists are busier when it's hotter/summer as things obviously burn more.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is a majority cause of these.

A lot of firemen are pyromaniacs and get caught setting fires.

Also the heat makes people way angrier.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Poor London! It's worse than the Blitz! Do something!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Notice how many grass fires.
5G has been proven to promote the manufacture in plants of flammable terpenes.
But hey, that's just a whackjob conspiracy theory.
I'm sure London has a long history of grass fires.
Eta: for those local see if you can find grass fires out in the country, far away from 5G towers.
Stay cool if you can, I know it's miserable for you all.
edit on 19-7-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wanted to make a joke about the 4 archenemies of English folks: spring, summer, fall and winter...
But it's all so sad I think I just go and cry a little.

It's the jetstream. It's basically the same reason why Texas had that snow catastrophe last (?) year.

"The strength of the jet stream is directly proportional to the difference in temperature between the poles and the tropics. When it's strong, the jet stream tends to take a straighter path, but when it's weak it meanders. As the Arctic is experiencing warming at faster rates than the tropics, that difference is getting smaller, so the jet stream is weakening along with it.

"What that means for mid-latitudes, where Britain [and the U.S. are] located, is weather that stays in place for longer. Weather patterns will be more likely to get 'stuck' over a location, yielding long periods of rain and sun rather than Britain's traditional 'changeable' skies."

[url=https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/02/16/277911739/warming-arctic-may-be-causing-jet-stream-to-lose-its-way?t=1658253642213]source[/url ]

Some dude on the news said: we're getting a glimpse at what the future holds for Europe (paraphrasing)
And me: it's happening now not in the future...

What can you do?
Adapt and carry on

edit on 19-7-2022 by Peeple because: source fail

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not just London, every time the council forgets to mow the grass or some heathland dries out it seems that some idiot will set fire to it deliberately, often it's just naughty kids but sometimes it is grown men or even people illegally burning moorland for grouse shooting etc and it get's out of hand as much of our land in the UK is rich in ancient peat bog's and when they dry out it's about as flammable as coal.

But usually in built up areas especially near council estates it's the local council not mowing back the grass that then get's very tall, becomes dry and yellow straw and then get's set alight by some kid wanting to see it burn because of some deep need to burn the world down I guess.

But 5G, I would warrant it is not all conspiracy and there is at least some truth to it, I mean we were not meant to be bathed in constant microwave emission's as we are these days and back during older technology such as police radios that used older microwave standards we know from studies of pancreatic cancer in the UK as our officers used to wear them on there belt behind there back that there is a probably correlation between the always on radios (Cell phones today?) and the cause of there increased incidence of pancreatic cancers etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Any excuse to share a bit of The Only Band That Matters;

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

right?! They make predictions for the future while it has been happening for a couple of years and each year getting obviously worse, with heat/cold, heavy rain and flooding, fires, drought, etc....

and still there are so many people that deny that the climate is changing and we are in big trouble

felt a lot like crying today myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

If you don’t want to get a mini split another thing I’d highly recommend is a portable air conditioner.

Our house is 3 stories including the basement. The basement and first floor is extremely comfortable, but the top floor is a nightmare during the hottest parts of summer. We have a wall of windows on the SW side that just bakes. It seems the heat not only goes through he windows but soaks into the siding and that side of the house like a greenhouse effect.

I bought a portable air conditioner and was shocked how well it worked. It literally cooled the entire upper floor which is about 1500 sq ft.(in addition to the regular air conditioner) If you have no air conditioning I highly suggest one of these units.
This is not the kind of unit that hangs outside of the window, it’s a unit that sits on the floor and a small piece goes in the window for circulation.
edit on 19-7-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Any excuse to share a bit of The Only Band That Matters;

Agree 100%

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Climate is ALWAYS changing, we are in an era known as the Quaternary Glaciation and are not out of it yet.

Many times in the earths history the polar regions have had NO ice and life did just fine.

Back about 50000 years ago the UK was connected to Ireland and mainland Europe yet the sea levels were actually higher so something must have happened to the crust in Europe to lower its altitude and that may have been mostly down to the last glacial maximum but anyway back then England had a climate much more like north Africa, it had savannah vegetation and the same animals that now live in Africa living here, lion's, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, elephants, hypo and all those animals and it was hotter than today.

Some scientists say there is also evidence that it was hotter than now just a thousand years ago so temperature goes up and it goes down.

The Vikings settled Greenland which back then had forests (humans have been blamed for the loss of this but the real culprit was probably the little ice age), then came the little ice age a mini glaciation which killed off the Viking settlers, isolated and probably led to the loss and/or abandonment of there north American settlements (Vinland) and worse, during the height of it the canals of Venice Froze solid and ice formed on parts of the Mediterranean sea in winter.

Indeed back here in the UK it was a regular feature of winter as we were still coming out of this mini glaciation that as recently as the 1850's regular fairs were held every single year on the Thames river which used to freeze over.

But there is some evidence that this cold period known as the mini ice age was proceeded by warmer weather, perhaps even warmer than it is today.

The Isolated settlement on Greenland that became blocked by frozen sea's from it's parent country in Scandinavia had men whom were big, strong Vikings often more than six foot tall on average.
Some gruesome and sad evidence from the remains of a house show that by the end there children were little more than five foot tall due to malnutrition and starvation.

The foundations of a stone church built in better times are all that remains of it after the ice literally ground it down as a glacier that formed during this period moved over it.

So are humans contributing to global climate change, definitely yes but it is also natural and deserts come and go and jungles do as well and at one time not that long ago this nation of Britain was under about two miles of ice and snow.

Some of that information I mention about Greenland may actually be wrong, new research suggests it was not the Cold that killed off the viking settlements but draught, still climate fluctuation but a different causality to the end of those settlements.

edit on 19-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes, most of us know that.

during those 'many times' in history, there wasn't a world population of roughly 7.9 billion people,
there weren't thousands of cities as today, there wasn't an electricity grid, there wasn't a society as we know it today.

no one really cares that it has happened before
what we should care about is that it's happening again, it was known and predicted it would come to this point, and worse,and people either denied it or ignored it.
simply put, we are screwed now... or most people are

edit:
re-reading my post I realize I sound a bit 'snappy', sorry, didn't mean it like that, your post was accurate and informative
edit on 19-7-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join