It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotine stops covid what? Then lets ban it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You guys just knew I would have to weigh in on this...

Been a smoker for over 50 years... had my first cigarette at age 9. Camel unfiltered I sneaked from my Dad, took around behind the garage, and smoked it... ALL of it! I was sick for three days, should have never tried another one. But no... a short time later I took up cigars. A few years of that and I ran out and bummed a cigarette from my date. It was a Marlboro ("cowboy killer") and I decided I liked it.

Most of that 60+ years I smoked a pack and a half a day... every day, 365 days a year, almost 550 packs a year, 11 thousand cigarettes a year. That means, even if I use 40 years instead of 50, I have smoked nigh onto a half million "cancer sticks."

I am still here. Lungs are still strong. I have also outlived every single doctor that told me if I didn't quit smoking I was going to die.

I have had the Chinese virus twice now. First time it was just a fever and worsened cough that held on for about a week. Second time it was meaner... severe body aches, cough, fever... but got all dead and stuff in 24 hours. Redneck don't worry about viruses; they want some of me? Bring it. I've been knocking viruses on their butts for decades now.

Most people don't realize why nicotine is so damn addictive. In the bloodstream it mimics acetylcholine, a natural neurotransmitter. The receptors for acetylcholine are actually called "nicotinic receptors" because they were discovered during research on nicotine before acetylcholine was recognized as a valuable neurotransmitter. The nicotinic receptors cause the central nervous system to relax, sort of a brake on extreme response. In high-strung people like me, they are a very effective tool to prevent me from going postal and taking out large sections of the country like John J. Rambo on steroids.

And they're non-narcotic.

It all depends on the person. If someone has naturally weak lungs, smoking is probably not for them. Mine just happen to be good and strong (probably also why I have survived 8 heart attacks, one of which was the infamous "Widow Maker" that killed Ivana Trump... 100% blockage in the Left Anterior Descending artery). And no, that had nothing to do with smoking; every heart doctor has told me the same thing when I was released from the hospital: "You really need to stop smoking, but smoking didn't put you here this time; cholesterol put you here." My heart issues are not from smoking... they're from trying to pump blood with the consistency of jelly.

If, however, someone has strong lungs and is high-strung, nicotine is the most effective and least problematic solution. It's not health food, obviously, but it beats the holy HELL out of being hooked on Vanex (or whatever psychotropic drug is being used today). They do not slow down whatever I am doing; I just have a cigarette in my mouth while I work. Lost time to smoke is a side effect of making smoking indoors illegal in public places. I'm smoking while I type this post.

I would actually not doubt that the extremist push against smoking has always had its roots in a planned biochemical operation. Any time the government goes extremist, there is more to their agenda than public health. But if so, that means that the Chinese virus thing has been planned out for what? 40 years? At least? I find that hard to believe as well, as much of the technology now used to create this "vaccine" and used to develop the viruses hasn't been around that long. Such a thing was pure science fiction 40 years ago!

I also noticed that the anti-smoking/anti-vaping commercials are ramping up. One actually uses a computerized 3D image to go all hyperbolic over the side effects of vaping... and tells the viewer that's what it is! They are pure shock media, with no real basis in truth, put out by a group that calls itself "truth.com" (now there's an oxymoron for ya).

You're not alone, OP. I'm watching as well. Something is certainly up with this virus/vaccine, and we are not getting the whole story. Probably haven't gotten all of the foreword yet, to be honest.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: just4fun

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I have smoked for 35 years and Im not dead.

So if I use the same logic as these vaccine idiots cigarettes' are safe and effective.

Never get sick either.

I lived under communism and didn't get sent to a labor camp.

You're logic is that Communism is aces?

Your logic is vaccines dont stop infection and efficacy is how well it keep you out of the hospital.

In other words you have no logic

Sources in my signature demonstrate that vaxxing reduces infection by around 85 percent for vanilla covid, and various amounts for he different variants but typically over 80 percent. Which is on par with Chickenpox and Measles vaxes.

And I'm pretty sure that reducing the severity of covid is considered a really good thing. Again, source are in my signature to show this.

Like your posts the sources at your signature are complete bull KAKA

The same sources swore to us it would stop infection with a 95% efficacy.

Turns out that was bull CACA too right? its 95 % effective at making the bosses billions

And im 100% sure it doesnt reduce the severity of Covid.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Why?

Its safe and effective right? YOu have called anyone that doesnt believe that a far right anti vaxxer Q, CT And much worse.

So why wouldnt you be boosted? LMAO We all know why..

I answered you in another thread, since you decided to bring this thread into that one.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I recall this female who was in the Saint James Church Massacre (South Africa).
en.wikipedia.org...

We went to college together.

Of course being good Christians they pretended not to smoke.

But afterwards, all the survivors were chain-smoking.

Ooh, where did all these cigarettes suddenly come from?

Who cares right now - the least of our concerns.
edit on 16-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Switched from smoking to vaping. More flavor and I don't stink like an ashtray. Plus, much cheaper than tobacco, with a broader selection of products and effects. CBD, Delta 8 and 9 have changed the entire smoking landscape along with those girl scout cookies, gorilla glue and a myriad of hybrids.

God Bless you Dr. Kratky!!

edit on 16-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: Albert999

originally posted by: halfoldman
Tobacco - is it a sin?

Might not put you into hell, but it sure smells like you came from there.

Vaping leaves you and your clothes you odourless, if you fancy getting involved 😁
Since I started vaping not one of my loved ones suspects. I won't tell them as they would never believe it's much healthier than smoking.
Which apparently isn't bad either, if you read BlackArrow's post in this thread.
People have been lied to way to much, it has got to end!

Hehe they'll be none the wiser

Vaping probably is bad for us too, but 80% of lung cancer victims did, or do smoke cigarettes.

Let's hope Vaping is nowhere near as bad 🤞🏼

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Why?

Its safe and effective right? YOu have called anyone that doesnt believe that a far right anti vaxxer Q, CT And much worse.

So why wouldnt you be boosted? LMAO We all know why..

I answered you in another thread, since you decided to bring this thread into that one.

People in both threads should know that you are 100% an anti vaxxer

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

0%, actually. Just didn't feel like I needed any extra protection against Omicron. I'm REALLY glad my parents and grandparents got boosters. I had to encourage my mom to do so. Do anti-vaxxers do that? No. They seem to spend their days searching for what they want to be true on bitchute.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Get packing Covid, I've got nicotine-stains.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

You and I were discussing this back in 2020. ATS search would not bring it up. Took awhile to find it.

Covid 19 Percentages Of Patients With Smoking History Are Very Low

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-7-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Here are more updated articles on it. MOST US sources (even with numerous studies from across the world) try to deny the smokers paradox but it is surely proven with hundreds of studies. Smokers had less of a chance to become infected and had less severe symptoms / hospitalization.

Drugs that mimic effects of cigarette smoke reduce SARS-CoV-2's ability to enter cells

medicalxpress.com...

Researchers have identified two drugs that mimic the effect of chemicals in cigarette smoke to bind to a receptor in mammalian cells that inhibits production of ACE2 proteins, a process that appears to reduce the ability of the SARS-CoV-2 virus to enter the cell.

The findings appear in the journal Scientific Reports on 17 August.

Something of a paradox exists with respect to smoking cigarettes and COVID-19. Active smoking is associated with increased severity of disease, but at the same time, many reports have suggested lower numbers of COVID cases amongst smokers than amongst non-smokers.

www.linkedin.com...

Moreover, a systematic review and meta analysis that examined 18 recent COVID-19 clinical and epidemiological studies showed that smokers were statistically less likely to be hospitalized.

In addition, researchers at Hiroshima University have identified a potential reason why lower numbers of COVID cases have appeared amongst smokers compared to non-smokers. In the report published by Hiroshima University, the lower rates of COVID-19 among smokers is due to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptors (AHRs), while as mentioned above, we believe that it can be due to the high concentration of deposited energy of alpha particles emitted from radionuclides such as Po-210 in cigarette tobacco.

Revisiting the Paradox of Smoking: Radioactivity in Tobacco Smoke or Suppressing the SARS-CoV-2 Receptor, Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2, via Aryl-Hydrocarbon Receptor Signal?

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Japanese scientists have recently identified a potential mechanism behind the lower numbers of COVID-19 cases amongst smokers compared to non-smokers. However, we believe that this mitigative effect may be due to the relatively high concentration of deposited energy of alpha particles emitted from naturally occurring radionuclides such as Po-210 in cigarette tobacco.

Regarding COVID-19, other researchers and our team have previously addressed the anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating effects of low doses of ionizing radiation. MC-simulation using the Geant4 Monte Carlo toolkit shows that the radiation dose absorbed in a spherical cell with a radius of .9 μm for a single 5.5 MeV alpha particle is about 5.1 Gy. This energy deposition may trigger both anti-inflammatory and anti-thrombotic effects which paradoxically lower the risk of hospitalization due to COVID-19 in smokers.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I don't think that is so true.
Japan has smokers and covid has taken its toll on smokers.

oh it is true, the Japanese scientist both admit it and have a theory why, See post above.

Lower chance of getting it, lower chance of hospitalization.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

0%, actually. Just didn't feel like I needed any extra protection against Omicron. I'm REALLY glad my parents and grandparents got boosters. I had to encourage my mom to do so. Do anti-vaxxers do that? No. They seem to spend their days searching for what they want to be true on bitchute.

But the head of the CDC just got on TV and begged everyone to get their boosters . Said another wave was coming and the only way to protect yourself was get boosted.

Dont you believe her? Or are you an anti vaxxer?

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Where's the evidence? Anecdotal stuff from websites that are not legitimate news sites are bogus. I know plenty of smokers who have gotten covid.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Dont you believe her? Or are you an anti vaxxer?

I believe her. I just don't need that protection. I believe people 60+ or immune comprised should definitely get a booster.

Exhibit A: I'm working and feeling fine after 3 days of covid.

Your argument fell flat on its face a long time ago. Are you going to continue to embarrass yourself in front of your circle jerk buddies?

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Like you have been smoking since fourteen, I like roll-ups, going on seventy-six now. I have seen them give up the smokes and get fatter and fatter and go down with diabetes. Whilst telling me that smoking is bad for your health. If they ban it I could not give a stuff as I can grow and cure my own, I have jars of it maturing in a dark cool cupboard, waiting for the day they take it off the shelves. As far as I am concerned it is a social pleasure of life, and a real smoke with a nice high nicotine content is almost as nice as the other weed. In the asbestos mines of Australia, they also noticed that the smokers were not dying of asbestosis, or getting Alzheimer's Parkinson's or B12 deficiency, that's not good for the bottom line of big pharma, so banning it would be on the cards. Especially if it offered protection for the latest round of BS.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Exhibit A: I'm working and feeling fine after 3 days of covid
So you're working with covid?? At Wal Mart around the public? You said you have it right now. Do you not believe anything they told us?

Do you care about anyone else? What a selfish #####
edit on 16-7-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So you're working with covid?? At Wal Mart around the public? You said you have it right now. Do you not believe anything they told us?

I do, but I also need income and they decided to stop offering paid leave for covid.

I'm in the back unloading trucks by myself.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I do, but I also need income and they decided to stop offering paid leave for covid.

I'm in the back unloading trucks by myself.

I assume you have let your employers know you have covid and your coworkers?

And they still allowed you to work? So now Wal Mart doesn't care if you work with a positive covid test?

superspreader
edit on 16-7-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I assume you have let your employers know you have covid and your coworkers?

And they still allowed you to work? So now Wal Mart doesn't care if you work with a positive covid test?

superspreader

Give it a rest. You seem schizo, and obsessed. Yes, they know. A lot of people have been working with it lately, which is probably why I caught it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join