It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BB-guns: Toys or tell me more?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just a movie - Into the West.

An interpretation of Wounded Knee.

Surrender all your BB-guns.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Fun times!

UK only (semi)

USA full auto.

edit on 15-7-2022 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Many years ago, I had this friend with a car and they shot pot-holes in all the traffic-signs in the middle of nowhere.

And they'd be like, don't you want to shoot?
It's non-lethal.

Doesn't matter, a gun is a gun, and no thanks.

I never wanted to shoot or hold a gun again.

But I guess, sometimes there might be a reason.
edit on 15-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I have never tried but some people have altered the dwell time on the firing pin. The hammer comes down and hits the valve, lets out a certain charge, and then seals off. I don't know how they have done it but they claim to have pushed the feet per second up considerably, but you would get through the gas quicker. Probably by making the hammer heavier.
edit on 15-7-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well the beauty of it is you can intimate: "Stay back"!

You don't immediately have to engage physically, which is far messier.

I'd say far superior to having no firearm whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Air guns are great. I started all 3 of my kids with them, for target and technique practice, and if you 'diesel' your air gun (when I do it, I use petroleum jelly, and it works!), you can up your feet per second power to almost that of a .22 LR rifle. If you get a 'head shot' with that, it will go through one side of the skull, and then the projectile won't exit the other side, and will bounce around inside the cranium. That is how you can get a home defense kill with an air gun, just saying. They are not 'toys', and DEFINITELY can be helpful. DEFINITELY better than nothing. Here is a link about dieseling your projectiles:

airgunplanet.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad
I think halfoldman's gun is CO2, can't diesel those or pump up airguns.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

They ARE LETHAL . You Could Put Somebody's Eye Out with it !

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I have never tried but some people have altered the dwell time on the firing pin. The hammer comes down and hits the valve, lets out a certain charge, and then seals off. I don't know how they have done it but they claim to have pushed the feet per second up considerably, but you would get through the gas quicker. Probably by making the hammer heavier.

Some have adjustable hammersprings, as you say, lets out a bigger charge..up to a point.

I shoot this, love it, very accurate, it's adjustable and regulated, via the hammerspring, and the regulator. I shoot it at 1800psi. I get around 90 shots a fill, with each shot the same as the last shot. For the price, I don't think you could better it. I have the .22, looking to get the .25 now.
www.outdoorlife.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
With something like that if you have an intruder meaning you harm, make sure to shoot them in the face, otherwise your just going to piss them off.

With a few bb's to the face, at least you should have time to grab a rolled up newspaper or a table leg or something to defend yourself with.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Of course never happened in my entire life (not entirely true), but got to be prepared.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Is it a comfortable thing to handle?

Where does the gas go, and where is the magazine for the bullets?

Woo - slipping from my fingers.

No, and it should never be a comfortable thing to handle.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well, there are a couple 50cal air rifle one called the dragon slayer, the other called the hammer. I wants a dragon slayer!! Accurate out to 50 yards, and People hunt with them…

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Get a bow, you can always make ammo and repair them in a worst case scenario, less parts to break/replace.

Great skill to learn.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yeah, get a blow-gun, doubles as a didgeridoo.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Well, there are a couple 50cal air rifle one called the dragon slayer, the other called the hammer. I wants a dragon slayer!! Accurate out to 50 yards, and People hunt with them…

They have up to .82/20mm air rifles..devastating really. I'm guessing though, there is a limit on ft lbs muzzle energy for the OP.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
That is right, 6 ft.lbs.

You might even get hauled in for a paintball gun.
SANPA Clarifies: Krugersdorp residents confused about paintball gun possession

However, the South African National Paintball Association (SANPA) advises:

“if you are going to stand in your yard in a suburb shooting at tin targets, for example, this would be illegal, as the discharge of any air rifle or paintball marker is prohibited by local statutes and you could face a fine or even confiscation of your marker. In fact, if somehow you were to shoot over the target and hit a passing person, you could be charged with a whole bunch of things, ranging from assault with a dangerous weapon, contravening the Dangerous Weapons Act and even a charge as serious as pointing of a firearm.”

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
How well are you disposed to a Bow?

Yeah yeah yeah
and it an option for Halfoldman for sure in protecting his family.

In the UK they took away our ability to protect ourselves when they banned hand guns.

I went down the route you went down and I feel a whole 1000% better for it and sleep real well at night with a pair of these under my basket www.dnaleisure.co.uk...

Halfoldmann * if u want me send one out to you I will do it. The Cobra is far more than a normal bow. It's a semi auto machine gun bow with 7 1/2" bolts and it does the job with total accuracy................ PS............................ Love RSA

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ok this for Halfoldman................... He gonna love the Cobra demo as it's a German geezer doing the do and he's one cool dood................. Joerg Sprave........................ Specially for Halfoldman..................... Love this guy x x x x x www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok call me a mad man if you wish yet I consider myself a prepper. Next top the pair of Adders underneath my bed I keep one of these................... www.frjonesandson.co.uk... and I cut my own wood while it is one heck of a self defence peace of mind engineered product

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join