It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with beef

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Our ground beef is good. We buy a half a cow every year, one hundred percent grass fed organic beef. If anything, there is not enough fat in the meat, but it is pretty tender at two weeks of aging. We gave up buying store beef over thirty years ago, it has little flavor compared to the beef we get. Corn fed beef is not the greatest, and I personally think that black angus does not have the flavor of some other beef, an angus crossed with a limosine or other kind of beef isn't bad though.

Both the wife and I agree that store beef pretty much sucks these days. I remember a few stores around here bought some good beef years ago, but seems like they all got that commercial crap these days/

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Cucumbers lately around here taste pretty bad. I am not sure if it is coming from a change of pesticides, antimicrobial sprays, or chemicals added to increase the shelf life. I love cucumbers, but the odd almost spoiled taste in them even when they still feel solid and look half way fresh is bugging me....it is way worse than usual this year. I wonder if it is some kind of food poisoning in them again. A few years back they had a bad flavor and it was found they had salmonella poisoning.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: JAGStorm

Not to be gross but it kinda looks like brains.

Just to be gross, the brains I fry are delicious

It's a shame they don't go well with a nice chianti and fava beans, then again when served with canned corn and water chestnuts Jeffries neighbors didn't seem to mind

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Yes it is. Just had a burger made from Kroger beef and hardly any grease and tasted strange. Can't really describe it but it was just different. I guess it's possible they are using different chemicals to clean the processing machines? Once in a while i get a taste of the residue, yuck!

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have had beef problems too. My big box store closed down that I used to get ground beef from and looking for alternatives was more of a task than i thought. I am used to ground beef with chunks of fat not spirally looking, maybe ground in the back. I tried a couple of the spiral looking beef and it was greasy, non meaty and did not wake up the next morning happy, if you know what I mean. I have found that bio beef is somewhat ok and expensive, but regular ground beef for spaghetti and stuff of that sort has to be ground in house and wrapped in house and not prepackaged and look like is was born and made in plastic.. aka aldi,lidl etc. My two pennies, and wow to that pink slime crap, never heard of it till today. Peace out

eta.. where is flying clay, I bet he has forgotten more about this subject than we could ever learn
edit on 15-7-2022 by paytaplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I’ve been cooking a long time. I’ve cooked from scratch a long time.

I noticed something with ground beef. I think it is being adulterated.
I really wonder if they are putting some of that fake stuff in there, or something else.

I was making tacos and I got my 97/3 beef that I normally get. I noticed right away the way it cooked up was different.
Usually when you cook beef the little “squiggles” round up. Not to be gross but it kinda looks like brains.
Well this beef cooked flat. The beef was fresh and not bad. Not previous frozen or anything. I knew it was odd. You just know these things when you’ve cooked for decades. I immediately wondered what it was mixed with or what is going on with the source, the actual beef cows they are using.

About a year ago I noticed a change in pork, well bacon in particular. Something is off.

I’ve ground my own beef in the past, and I think I’m going to go back to that. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed changes?

There was something off with the last chicken we had. A strange bitter taste. I can eat about anything and I didn't finish. Like if it were going off a little I could still deal but this was a chemical taste.

Chlorinated chicken?

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Yes it is. Just had a burger made from Kroger beef and hardly any grease and tasted strange. Can't really describe it but it was just different. I guess it's possible they are using different chemicals to clean the processing machines? Once in a while i get a taste of the residue, yuck!

Exactly why I don't buy ground beef from places like that. The texture just seems off.

I lived in a small town for many years and the local grocer had the best ground beef, and chicken, too. Not all locally sourced, although the vegetables were oftentimes local, as were the eggs and some of the pork/sausage, but the beef was all ground in house.

Never been able to buy ground beef at big named stores after that simply because the texture is too off, likely fillers used.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I had forgotten about pink slime! "Pink slime (also known as lean finely textured beef or LFTB, finely textured beef, or boneless lean beef trimmings or BLBT) is a meat by-product used as a food additive to ground beef and beef-based processed meats, as a filler, or to reduce the overall fat content of ground beef. Wikipedia"

I’m so grossed out and wonder if that is what it was. The weird thing, it has never happened before. I always buy the same kind of beef and it is a higher quality. I guess that doesn’t matter anymore.

When I cooked it it slumped down, and that sounds exactly like slime - gag gag gag! YUCK!

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

This wasn’t from Kroger and it was more about texture. It was off and will never buy it again.

Don’t even get me started on chicken. I only buy Amish chicken because I actually can’t eat the cheap stuff, it makes me vomit. It tastes so rancid to me and the meat is all mushy. I can’t eat Costco rotisserie either, same reason. I’m a super smeller/taster and I think I can taste a different level than most folks and it isn’t pretty!

I also saw a tik tok that was taken down. This guy worked at a pork processing plant and he showed how they were feeding the pigs trash. When I say trash I mean like literally shredded trash, cardboard boxes, plastics etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Cucumbers lately around here taste pretty bad. I am not sure if it is coming from a change of pesticides, antimicrobial sprays, or chemicals added to increase the shelf life. I love cucumbers, but the odd almost spoiled taste in them even when they still feel solid and look half way fresh is bugging me....it is way worse than usual this year. I wonder if it is some kind of food poisoning in them again. A few years back they had a bad flavor and it was found they had salmonella poisoning.

There was a video where foreign people were eating our cucumbers and they all asked why they taste like poop..
They mentioned how rancid they tasted.
edit on 15-7-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

As bad as that is I really panicked as I misread the title to your thread; for one truly awful scary moment I thought you said 'Something weird is happening with beer.....now that would have scared the crap out of me!

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Its the GMO corn that is being feed to them.
Well that solved that issue .

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: onehuman

Sugar itself and candy too does not taste at all like it used to either.
Your tastebuds change with age . Another mystery solved

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

My guess would be lab grown has been added, they would not need to say as it is still beef in their opinion.
Time to only buy 100% organic meat

Until the sleazy corrupt government pulls a few strings to shut that industry down

The corruption is at a whole new level in this country.

We need a revolution at this point
What is your first step in your revolution plan if I can ask ?

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I’ve been cooking a long time. I’ve cooked from scratch a long time.

I noticed something with ground beef. I think it is being adulterated.
I really wonder if they are putting some of that fake stuff in there, or something else.

I was making tacos and I got my 97/3 beef that I normally get. I noticed right away the way it cooked up was different.
Usually when you cook beef the little “squiggles” round up. Not to be gross but it kinda looks like brains.
Well this beef cooked flat. The beef was fresh and not bad. Not previous frozen or anything. I knew it was odd. You just know these things when you’ve cooked for decades. I immediately wondered what it was mixed with or what is going on with the source, the actual beef cows they are using.

About a year ago I noticed a change in pork, well bacon in particular. Something is off.

I’ve ground my own beef in the past, and I think I’m going to go back to that. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed changes?
Buy 97/3 from as many different sources & run a test . A one time event is hardly a smoking gun .
ps: Ive used ground beef for years & from all sources .
Ive never had the extruded ground meat straws curl up . It always has cooked flat .
Got any pictures of your paranormal meat cooking event , because it does not make sense in your description. Thanks & cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We have genetically altered cows and pigs here in Central Florida. They all look like they have 2 sets of breasts, flanks and rumps. Seriously. It looks like they have muscle growing on top normal muscle. They're bred, obviously because they provide twice the meat. The poor cows and pigs can't even walk across the pasture because the extra muscle gets in the way.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MeatHookReality

Buy 97/3 from as many different sources & run a test . A one time event is hardly a smoking gun .
Ive never had the extruded ground meat straws curl up . It always has cooked flat .
Got any pictures of your paranormal meat cooking event , because it does not make sense in your description. Thanks & cheers

I'm not going to do an experiment because I'm just going to ground my own beef.

I think there are enough people on here with their own experiences for me to believe they are putting fillers and other unholy things in our food. They are practically feeding us poison these days so nothing would surprise me.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'm not going to do an experiment because I'm just going to ground my own beef.

I think there are enough people on here with their own experiences for me to believe they are putting fillers and other unholy things in our food. They are practically feeding us poison these days so nothing would surprise me.

The USDA has strict guidelines on what ground beef can contain. By law anything that is not carcass meat , carcass trim or carcass fat has to be labeled on an ingredient list .
If you buy 100% ground beef in the USA it is 100% from a cow carcass in it’s composition.
One guy fries some burger and an extruded straw of meat does not curl up & now it’s a conspiracy with the USDS & Federal Government in a nefarious meat cabal against us carnivores ?
You guys need a hobby ..
This thread is quite funny though. Cheers & no hard feelings meant .

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The USDA has strict guidelines on what ground beef can contain.

That doesn't mean squat. Every week there is an ecoli breakout, or salmonella, or other food borne illness.
How many so far this year? Peanut butter, strawberries, spinach etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The USDA has strict guidelines on what ground beef can contain.

That doesn't mean squat. Every week there is an ecoli breakout, or salmonella, or other food borne illness.
How many so far this year? Peanut butter, strawberries, spinach etc.
Contaminants have nothing to do with the composition of beef .
What on Earth are you talking about ?
That is like saying seatbelt in cars don’t save lives , because airplanes crash . One has nothing to do with the other.
Raw food handling has always come with hazards , but to say the USDA allows secret fillers & fake meat in 100% beef ground products is just laughable.
What else is a conspiracy , are blueberries made of sawdust or is pasta really dried dirt ?
We are in America & not China or Africa

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join