It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with beef

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I’ve been cooking a long time. I’ve cooked from scratch a long time.

I noticed something with ground beef. I think it is being adulterated.
I really wonder if they are putting some of that fake stuff in there, or something else.

I was making tacos and I got my 97/3 beef that I normally get. I noticed right away the way it cooked up was different.
Usually when you cook beef the little “squiggles” round up. Not to be gross but it kinda looks like brains.
Well this beef cooked flat. The beef was fresh and not bad. Not previous frozen or anything. I knew it was odd. You just know these things when you’ve cooked for decades. I immediately wondered what it was mixed with or what is going on with the source, the actual beef cows they are using.

About a year ago I noticed a change in pork, well bacon in particular. Something is off.

I’ve ground my own beef in the past, and I think I’m going to go back to that. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed changes?
edit on 14-7-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its the GMO corn that is being feed to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I’ve been cooking a long time. I’ve cooked from scratch a long time.

I noticed something with ground beef. I think it is being adulterated.
I really wonder if they are putting some of that fake stuff in there, or something else.

I was making tacos and I got my 97/3 beef that I normally get. I noticed right away the way it cooked up was different.
Usually when you cook beef the little “squiggles” round up. Not to be gross but it kinda looks like brains.
Well this beef cooked flat. The beef was fresh and not bad. Not previous frozen or anything. I knew it was odd. You just know these things when you’ve cooked for decades. I immediately wondered what it was mixed with or what is going on with the source, the actual beef cows they are using.

About a year ago I noticed a change in pork, well bacon in particular. Something is off.

I’ve ground my own beef in the past, and I think I’m going to go back to that. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed changes?
A beef/bug paste combo perhaps

Or some of that snazy new lab meat that billy boy Gates claims to love so much but wouldn't feed to his dogs

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

GMO corn has been around a while

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Not to be gross but it kinda looks like brains.

Just to be gross, the brains I fry are delicious

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Been noticing this when Barbequing steak. No blood coming from it before you need to turn...not the same anymore

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

My guess would be lab grown has been added, they would not need to say as it is still beef in their opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have reached a point that I just cant eat any meat anymore. It started around 2012 for me that I started noticing a certain "taste" that wasnt normal. Nobody else seemed to notice it so I thought maybe it was just me. Here we are now in 2022 and I taste this taste in almost Everything now. Meats, Vegetables, etc.. In fact about the only thing I Dont taste it in are sweets. Candy, Ice Cream, etc.. Its a hard to taste to actually describe. I thought maybe for the canned food I was just tasting the can residue, but it doesnt really taste like that either. I can see maybe a bad can or two, but not every can I buy of anything. Still though, it seems Im the only one tasting this taste.

I sure as heck cant live on candy for the rest of my life, but I have sure also lost a lot of weight with this weird new diet of mine. I would love to hear someone else knows what Im talking about here. I cant be the only one st this point.

I used to love to cook. I hardly bother now. My diet is basically toast Pbj sandwiches, yogurt, some cereals, or ice cream.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Sugar itself and candy too does not taste at all like it used to either.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Buy it from a local butcher. Better yet, chose your desired cut and have them grind it up in front of you that is what I do. Sometimes, if I want to grill hamburgers or some such I'll take in the ingredients, garlic, and whatnot and have the butcher grind it up with the cut of beef I chose. I don't know if they do that at a supermarket where a lot of people get their meat. But I have a local butcher here, only sells beef off of local ranches, actually I think its his family ranch. Anyway it matters where you buy it. I've seen butcher shops that add red dye into the ground beef to make it look redder when you buy it, then the red doesn't go away when you cook it.

Why would you buy 97/3? That sounds dreadful, the beef needs fat for the flavor. Also natural fat is good for your body.
edit on 14-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I could have sworn there were articles out years ago during the Pink Slime freak-out (mmmm, ammonia-treated tissue scraps) that mentioned somewhere between 20% & 25% (don't remember the specific #) of ground beef was going to be sourced from PS because waste reduction & food prices.

That probably accounts for the Serving of Weird for you.

I feel like we had a huge debate thread on here about it, too, but can't find it

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What I've noticed is prime is no longer prime.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Pure beef patties
Also called 100 percent beef patties, these are similar to ground beef but can contain partially defatted chopped beef. Regular “beef patties” can also contain defatted beef, and organ meats, water, binders, fillers, and extenders. Those latter ingredients must be listed on the label.

Ground chuck
When you see a cut of beef denoted on the label—such as chuck, round, or sirloin—the meat and meat trimmings come from that part of the animal. No beef components can be added. However, it can still contain meat from multiple animals.

www.consumerreports.org...

Laws vary but most can say beef and have this sort of thing
Taco Bell Sued Over Meat That's Just 35 Percent Beef
www.foxnews.com...

People need to remember (natural flavors) can meen a lot of things even sugar.

edit on 14-7-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I could have sworn there were articles out years ago during the Pink Slime freak-out (mmmm, ammonia-treated tissue scraps) that mentioned somewhere between 20% & 25% (don't remember the specific #) of ground beef was going to be sourced from PS because waste reduction & food prices.

That probably accounts for the Serving of Weird for you.

I feel like we had a huge debate thread on here about it, too, but can't find it

Found this right off mmmm

USDA: Meat derided as “pink slime” can now be called ground beef
ByKate Bernot
2/12/19 11:13AM
thetakeout.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
After reading this I think I'll just have a salad...

dash.harvard.edu...

II. Animal Drug Regulations

In comparison, the United States and the European Union have different regulatory approaches regarding the rearing of livestock such as cattle. In light of the current World Trade Organization Dispute between the United States, Canada, and the European Union, much controversy surrounds the issue of trading in beef treated with growth promoting hormones. The United States and Canada, two countries that have approved the administration of growth hormones to livestock, brought an action against the European Union to determine, among other things, whether the European Union ban on beef containing growth hormones was grounded in scientific evidence that the use of hormones posed a danger to human health. This section of the paper outlines several major facets of the animal drug legislation for both the United States and the European Union.

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains regulations on new animal drugs. Along with information on other animal drugs, the relevant portions of the FD&C Act provide details on permissible growth promotion hormones and their approved usage. Several specific hormones are examined in order to explore the approved quantities, methods of administration, and approved uses for such drugs [3] .

One of the hormones prohibited by the European Union is estradiol. Section 522.840 of the FD&C Act provides that estradiol can be administered in the form of silicone implants in either 25.7 or 43.9 milligram doses. Estradiol implantation is allowed in steers and heifers only. One 25.7 milligram implant may be used every 200 days, or one 43.9 mg implant every 400 days. The estradiol implant is used to increase weight gain in suckling and pastured growing steers, to improve feed efficiency, and to increase the rate of weight gain in confined steers and heifers. A second implant may be used if desired [4] .

Likewise, section 522.841 permits the use of estradiol benzoate in stockfarming. It may be administered for growth enhancement purposes via subcutaneous injection. 10 mg of estradiol benzoate may be administered to suckling beef calves, and 20 mg for steers and heifers fed in confinement for slaughter. Use of estradiol benzoate is prohibited on calves intended for reproduction or calves less than thirty days old [5] .

Additionally, section 522.850 authorizes the utilization of estradiol valerate and norgestomet in combination for synchronization of estrus or ovulation in cycling beef cattle and non-lactating dairy heifers. Pursuant to section 522.850, the implant must be removed on day ten. As implants are removed they must be collected and burned. This combination is not to be used in cows producing milk for human consumption [6] .

Other hormones, such as testosterone propionate [7] , progesterone [8] and trenbolone acetate, [9] can be used alone or in combination with other hormones. Although the approved hormones are administered in different ways, they have several growth promotion and production functions, including increasing weight gain, improving feed efficiency, and synchronization of estrus and ovulation. The American regulations may be contrasted with the European Union Directive below.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

My guess would be lab grown has been added, they would not need to say as it is still beef in their opinion.
Time to only buy 100% organic meat

Until the sleazy corrupt government pulls a few strings to shut that industry down

The corruption is at a whole new level in this country.

We need a revolution at this point

edit on 14-7-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I have reached a point that I just cant eat any meat anymore. It started around 2012 for me that I started noticing a certain "taste" that wasnt normal. Nobody else seemed to notice it so I thought maybe it was just me. Here we are now in 2022 and I taste this taste in almost Everything now. Meats, Vegetables, etc.. In fact about the only thing I Dont taste it in are sweets. Candy, Ice Cream, etc.. Its a hard to taste to actually describe. I thought maybe for the canned food I was just tasting the can residue, but it doesnt really taste like that either. I can see maybe a bad can or two, but not every can I buy of anything. Still though, it seems Im the only one tasting this taste.

I sure as heck cant live on candy for the rest of my life, but I have sure also lost a lot of weight with this weird new diet of mine. I would love to hear someone else knows what Im talking about here. I cant be the only one st this point.

I used to love to cook. I hardly bother now. My diet is basically toast Pbj sandwiches, yogurt, some cereals, or ice cream.

Have you tried switching to organic? As your diet sounds just as terrible as eating the rotten food.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Being vegetarian and in an area we try to grow but get nothing much out of it but work

I have learned that much of the organic is no better.
I sell at a Farmers market, people get their certificate and then what? No one checking all the time, If you use most supposedly natural products and some do, the produce is crawling with insects. Most of the crop is lost. People don't buy from you again.
Example: We brought home some organic Roman cauliflower so infested we could only toss it.

They did an expose' on the markets showing much of the supposed organic fruits and veggies are brought across the border from Mexico and sold under a certification not covering it.
Even after being exposed the market let them continue.

A prevalent “green myth” about organic agriculture is that it does not employ pesticides. Organic farming does, in fact, use insecticides and fungicides to prevent predation of its crops. More than 20 chemicals are commonly used in the growing and processing of organic crops and are acceptable under the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s arbitrary and ever-shifting organic rules. Many of those organic pesticides are more toxic than the synthetic ones used in ordinary farming.

But the fatal flaw of organic agriculture is the low yields that cause it to be wasteful of water and farmland.

www.hoover.org...

edit on 14-7-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You probably got pink slime hamburger and didn't notice it.

Duck Duck go page.

Looks like it's all over the place now.

Pink slime, as it was dubbed by two former USDA scientists because of its gelatinous texture, is a cheap filler added to an estimated 70 percent of the ground beef sold at supermarkets and up to 25 percent of each American hamburger patty, according to ABC News.

Article

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

All edible corn is GMO to some extent.

To the topic, ive sworn off angus beef. It doesnt taste or cook like the USDA stuff that I find increasingly difficult to fine.

Now I just get half or whole sides locally from farmers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join