It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The eight candidates for the job of Prime Minister of the UK - Place your bets...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here we go! This is the motley crew, the eight MPs that were able to gather at least 20 nominations to enter the contest to become the 56th Prime Minister of the UK. Place your bets…

first round ballot will take place tomorrow between 1.30pm and 3.30pm. They must receive at least 30 votes to be able to proceed to the next round. I believe the two lowest scorers will be eliminated at each round until only two remain. If I remember correctly, the initial voting is by the other Tory Members of Parliament; the final two will be chosen by the rabble that is circa 200K Conservative Party Members. I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

In alphabetical order:

Kemi Badenoch

Suella Braverman

Jeremy Hunt

Penny Mordaunt

Rishi Sunak

Liz Truss

Tom Tugendhat

Nadhim Zahawi

Three noticeable missing candidates who couldn’t find enough support and pulled out at the last minute:
Rehman Chishti, Grant Shapps and Sajid Javid

edit on 12/7/2022 by Encia22 because: Edited title

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Of the choices, which would be the first "insert some obscure WOKE category here"? In the US we try to hard to be diverse that we hire based on race, ethnicity, gender, and if possible, confusion about any and all of those categories. It's essential to appear to occupy the Moral High Ground. First Transgender 4 star general, first Openly gay press secretary, (even made sure she was black to cover the race part as well-bonus woke points)

If you folks don't hire based on things like that, what criteria would you use? I mean, what else is there?

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here we go again, another puppet, I mean 'leader', totally appointed, not voted for by the great general populace who's lives are going to be controlled/ruined by them whilst they cock things up to follow the banksters/WEF/elite's plans for the planet but of course they will live out with the rules they set. Nothing bloody changes

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Find out who is the most libtard and that will be your next PM...

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"bonus woke points" LOL

Sad but true though.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People who aren't deep into politics tend to vote mostly on looks alone, in my experience. None of the women give off a vibe that would suggest confidence in their abilities, IMO.

We're still sexist enough in the present era to give a woman less of an advantage than might be otherwise warranted.

I have a family member who swears to never vote again after the 2020 election, feeling it makes no difference. It's hard to explain that just because you've been hoodwinked doesn't mean the tide can't eventually turn. Look at all the states that have passed new voting laws to prevent mass election fraud since then!

If I were voting right now on 'feelz', I'd pick Jeremy Hunt. He looks like a fun guy that probably hides a fantastic mind behind his good looks.*

*Please note: That is NOT how I choose a candidate- just how I see so many others basing their decisions.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

if it was just a race for the leader of the conservative party then who cares, but the fact that we get yet another back door prime minister is utter bollocks, the leader of the conservatives has shown he was a complete bellend (no suprise) but the party suffers ZERO consequence, no GE, not that the other muppets offer any thing useful.

Ok I will use science, I scrolled my wheel up and down with my eyes closed and picked

You have got to be kidding me.......Jeremy 'the c#@#' Hunt, please noooooooo

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Jeremy Hunt is indeed rhyming slang.

Thank goodness Rees-Mogg is not running.

Seems that Rishi is a shoe-in.

Another loaded out of touch Tory grease ball.

We need a change.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A WEF puppet

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
THE PEOPLE should always choose their own leader.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

In the UK in a General Election we vote for MPs and the winning party gets to govern. We don't vote for a PM.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My vote is for the talented Liz Truss.

I just don't know any of the other candidates.

But Liz Truss has already visited Russia and was able to demonstrate her ignorance there.

Top British diplomat refused to recognize Voronezh and Rostov as part of Russia — source

10 FEB, 2022 18:09

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss refused to recognize Russia’s sovereignty over the Voronezh and Rostov Regions at talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Thursday, a source close to the negotiations told TASS.

After Truss’ statements urging Moscow to move its forces, located on Russia’s soil, away from the border with Ukraine, Lavrov asked his British counterpart if she recognized Russia’s sovereignty over the Voronezh and Rostov Regions.

According to the source, Truss insisted that the UK would never recognize Russia’s sovereignty over these regions.

tass.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

So you are ignorant about any of the other candidates yet you have an opinion?

You don't get to vote.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Indian woman vs black woman.. thats gonna confuse everyone so the new prime minister will be Rishi Sunak.

If its going to be the white guy, Jeremy or whatever, then it means that Trump is the next president of the US, and Russia will claim Mykraine.

....Weird how the world works.
edit on 12-7-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Only the racist bigots, you mean?

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: XipeTotex

Only the racist bigots, you mean?

What? God no, its gonna confuse all the woketards.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

if Rees Mogg became leader then I might get arrested, are you available if that were to happen

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

To hell with Liz Truss!

I will vote for you.

You are more talented than she is.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: turretless

So you are ignorant about any of the other candidates yet you have an opinion?

You don't get to vote.
A 'lefty' who doesn't recognize sarcasm , I'm shocked!

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join