It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My next book decided

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This book is in development and will preceed the scifi book that will be my best work yet, so I am using this as a primer to get me back into the creative mode. The story involves a middle class man that made a joke on social media about how he volunteered to be a subject and focus of an AI entity. High end software developers saw his comment and took it seriously, steering their AI to study him and act in tandem with his actions and decisions. The AI began to connect him to world events and write him into the history like a computer system process. The AI developers continued to sync this ultra advanced AI to him and he became sort of a psuedo-god that realized what was happening when it was too late. He then makes it his mission to shake the AI and fight against the powers that be who turned him into this central process. The struggle is hard, action packed and full of fascinating details. I think this story can be relevant to the present situation as the world changes into the next era of automation, virtualization and augmented, synched overconnected technologies. Although this book will be fitting with the times ahead of us, its going to merely be my training wheels to get in the groove to write my scifi that Ive been planning this last five years.
edit on 9-7-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nice.

Will it have a cyberpunk/shadowrun environment to unfold in?

Cause I’d probably read that story.

a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

edit on 9-7-2022 by Dalamax because:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Nice.

Will it have a cyberpunk/shadowrun environment to unfold in?

Cause I’d probably read that story.

Nothing messy, nothing abstract and unbelievable. No popups.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I wish anyone success in their endeavors.

But if your Block of Words type of post is any indication of what to expect... I'm going to pass.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

I wish anyone success in their endeavors.

But if your Block of Words type of post is any indication of what to expect... I'm going to pass.

I wont be pushing it on social media.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Good luck w the book. Being a writer is not an easy road to hoe. I too have a scifi book nearing completion. I did one which was self published a few years ago. It was just a historical non fiction about sandlot baseball in my home town. I didn't expect many would sell although it is in striking distance to break even in not to distant future.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If you've been working on the main book for five years, why do you feel the need to precede it with this one? You say it is to prime your creativity, but surely, it will only delay your other one. Are the two stories connected in some way?

Do you have a publishing house waiting for this or will you be self-publishing? If it's the latter, I would suggest getting a proofreader involved.

Good luck!

edit on 10/7/2022 by Encia22 because: Fixed typo

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProjects

Good luck w the book. Being a writer is not an easy road to hoe. I too have a scifi book nearing completion. I did one which was self published a few years ago. It was just a historical non fiction about sandlot baseball in my home town. I didn't expect many would sell although it is in striking distance to break even in not to distant future.

Im not going to anticipate much response or money out of it. Its a personal hobby. But if the publishing world wants to throw a bunch of money at me for putting words together then Im not gonna complain.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

If you've been working on the main book for five years, why do you feel the need to precede it with this one? You say it is to prime your creativity, but surely, it will only delay your other one. Are the two stories connected in some way?

Do you have a publishing house waiting for this or will you be self-publishing? If it's the latter, I would suggest getting a proofreader involved.

Good luck!

I dont wish. Its a hobby and doesnt affect anything else in my life, so I would say its a very low priority. Ive been too busy to write since around 2018 when I formulated the initial idea. Securing my privacy and physical well being takes priority over everything else. No compromise whatsoever at all no matter what, even in death.

No privacy? No nothing.

All the important things make me money.
edit on 10-7-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The more time that is wasted in waiting for the privacy absolutely required to develop a novel without profit killing leaks, the more ideas I come up with to add to this book. It might be another year, and that is very #ty but I stand firm in my personal interests. Cant let the intruders ruin another one.
edit on 8-12-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
P.S. Also note that this site is 1000x slower than it ever was and half the time the pages don't load and you get an error screen. This was once a top of the line site. Much like the USA, its living on a former glory of another generation.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 7/18/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join