It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and worst alt news websites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Alt News is suppose to be the 'anti' media to the media but sometimes I've seen things that make me think otherwise and I feel most of the time they are wolves in sheep clothing and they seem to talk the talk but not walk it. IE: Breitbart and Red State do weird things to their websites. I know Breitbart I think 'mysteriously died' which I still wonder if it was murder. Redstate (dot com) has locked their webpage down until you pay now.
edit on 9-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2022 by SortingHat because: Best and worst websites title

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

Good news always comes from our neighbors hearts. Been that way for centuries. Although I don't live in Japanese village, but I'm only minutes away from the nearest one and word of good and bad travels faster then the net.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I used to like Red State as the headlines weren't always sensational unlike Breitbart but now they block ad blocker unless you pay to view it and the comments aren't always the best. Zero Hedge seems very left wing and doesn't understand Trump but think they do.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You may want to rewrite that because i have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Please start your threads per ATS guidelines.

Your starting point: www.abovetopsecret.com...

When your non-compliant threads get deleted, so do all the posts made by ATS members. In short, you wasted their time.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What am I doing wrong though? I just wasked what people think of alt news comments as there was once a thread on here about ATS alternatives that went like for I mean four pages long?
edit on 9-7-2022 by SortingHat because: ATS alternative thread.
😕

I wonder if I posted in the wrong section? That's the only thing I can figure out.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I'm curious which alt news sites you think are best and worst.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well thought I. If care suggests this OP is non-compliant than it must be so. Especially that I have seen you comment that twice now in different threads.

So I looked back at this newer members posting history and found bunches, maybe dozens of threads this member has begun since arriving here so it would seem that for the most part, their threads are standing and not being removed.

May I as how many of your posts disappeared along with their threads?

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here are a few of my favorites...

Consortium News

Antiwar.com

Multipolarista

Libertarian

Katehon

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

These DON'T show up on search engines. How do you find these things? All I ever see are the garbage ones with comments that usually are baiting each other to fight. Do you think I'm on a special filter due to going to conspiracy sites a long time ago back under Obama?
edit on 10-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I got confused for a moment and accidently unclicked your star because of the white format this site goes to. It won't let me give the star back. Any fix for that?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's ok about the star - I don't know how to fix it

I didn't find those news sources thru search engines - so, I don't know if you're on any special filters...

Where I have found some sources is on blogs or "Substack Newsletters" that I follow on different topics.

Here's another good one, but don't be surprised if it doesn't come thru when you click it - it gets censored a lot:
Strategic Culture Foundation

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Then it's probably most search engines just shows MSM only then. I heard Hillary had some kind of 'generous' donation to Google to get the media to promote her 2016 election so it looks like they did it and kept the algorithms in place.
edit on 13-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

BTW: When I click on anything of your website it leads to a special 404 error page. I think your website has kicked the can and isn't there anymore. The owners probably got old and died. That does happen. Most are done by those who understood the older ways my generation just wants the 'party' high life sadly thus so many not working. This was long before Covid too.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wow! You get all sorts of inside info about Biden that NEVER makes it to the search engines on the 2nd link. They'd rather face the firing squad then allow a single negative thing about Biden get 'leaked'. I wonder if that's why Nintendo fans don't understand when I explain to them why they aren't getting their sequel IP's yet due to the crap going on across the world making people uncertain. When things are uncertain you take less risks and do 'What's safe' to protect your assets. When times are good (or even perceived) as such companies may take extra risks they wouldn't take otherwise.
edit on 13-7-2022 by SortingHat because: Taking less risks.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   
All news sources have bias. That bias is reflected in what news outlets choose to report on, what stories are highlighted as the most important, and in what words and tone events are described

new topics

top topics

join