It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orville - Twice in a lifetime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What a brilliant episode. Seth has done some great stuff with this show, but this one knocked on my door, delivered pizza then punched me in the face. Just a great episode. No spoilers, but time travel, loss, attempts to reconcile, and all in all, I didn't want it to end.

Really, if you have not watched this show, you're missing out!

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0
I did not watch this episode yet, didn’t feel like staying up late when it came out. I will watch it tonight.
I like the new format on Hulu, no commercials and runs over an hour.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I did not watch this episode yet, didn’t feel like staying up late when it came out. I will watch it tonight.
I like the new format on Hulu, no commercials and runs over an hour.

It was as good as I could've hoped, but more so. Hope you like it, mate!

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't watch many TV or movies, but I watch The Orville. It's not too serious but a nice easy watch, and it hits my sci-fi bug as well. I tried watching the Star Trek New Horizons it wasn't awful but it just didn't hold my interest. I guess the Orville took the spot.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh nice! I was expecting it tomorrow! Woooouhh! haha!

That said, I'll come back to comment on it once watched.

I heard some people didn't like the tone that is a little more serious this season, but nope, me, I like the third season as it is.

As if I was going to start complaining about very good writing.

I'll let you know, it took me 2 hours to watch last episode because I kept having rain drops falling in my eyes...

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Orville has had a lot of lame episodes, but sometimes they slip in a good one, and this episode was one of them. I wish Seth would do more like this one. I can almost take the show seriously with episodes like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How brutally, painfully beautiful this episode was...

I feel like the Orville is walking in the steps of past shows, premisces being almost the same, but, they take it a mille further away, and leave us looking at what the real answer to whatever question is being asked.

In my mind, the 3 best shows ever that I have watched are;

1- Breaking bad

2- Agents of Shield

3- The Orville, and the latter seems to be improving...
edit on 7-7-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach
I heard some people didn't like the tone that is a little more serious this season, but nope, me, I like the third season as it is.

If you check the comments on moviechat about it, a lot of people are rolling their eyes and complaining that it's just become another star trek.

I don't see that. I think it's a great evolution especially for Seth !

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
The Orville has had a lot of lame episodes, but sometimes they slip in a good one, and this episode was one of them. I wish Seth would do more like this one. I can almost take the show seriously with episodes like that.

I went into the show knowing Seth, and not expecting anything a fart joke comic space fare. Pleasantly surprised how it's turning out!!

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach
How brutally, painfully beautiful this episode was...

I feel like the Orville is walking in the steps of past shows, premisces being almost the same, but, they take it a mille further away, and leave us looking at what the real answer to whatever question is being asked.

In my mind, the 3 best shows ever that I have watched are;

1- Breaking bad

2- Agents of Shield

3- The Orville, and the latter seems to be improving...

Breaking Bad had the most epic ending of any show I've ever seen. The entire story was an epic tale. Haven't watched Agents of Shield, but it's on my radar. And you're right, The Orville does tread on familiar ground, but it's just.... better.. It's funny, shows like STTNG were mostly mundane, with a few awesome interspersed episodes (The the one with Hugh the Borg, and the one where Picard spends his life on a distant planet, but it's all a short intrusion into his mind by a probe they discovered in space to tell someone they existed thousands of years ago) while the Orville has many gems interspersed with an occasional mundane one.

Season 3 has definitely done some great episodes thus far!

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I watched the episode again, it was definitely upper tier for the Orville. FWIW it does seem like as the season goes on they got better at stretching the material into an enjoyable watch

new topics

top topics

join