It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin continues to use energy as a weapon? EU Pushed For Sanctions On Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A bit of amusing hypocrisy

President of the EU Ursula von der Leyen had claimed that Russia/Putin is continuing use energy as a weapon—12 EU countries are affected by gas supply reductions.

They need coordination at the EU level in which they will present a emergency plan in case the Russian supplies of oil/gas stop flowing to Europe.

Hasn't the EU forgotten that the EU had pushed the Powerful sanctions agaisnt Russia while Germany refused at the beginning because they were worried of the possible side effects of the sanctions.

Which we are now seeing the side effects of those sanctions.

Now the EU's president is blaming Putin but not the sanctions which the EU caved under pressure or the demand by the US side which was a demand by the US for the EU to stop Nord Stream 2.

This is the same EU president which proclaimed that the Russian Gas supplies are bad for the economy and climate.
Now they are finger pointing.

EU's Blame Russia/Putin For lack of Gas Supplies and possible gas supply reductions

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The US pressure majority of it came from the RINO/Republicans.
The pressure came before them conflict. Even if there was no conflict the sanctions still happened last year ago. Oil Prices would had still risen.

The Republicans are also to blamed for the current mess.

US Republicans renew push to sanction Nord Stream 2 pipeline

A group of US Senate Republicans said on Monday (8 November) they had introduced legislation that would impose mandatory sanctions on Nord Stream 2, a Russian-backed natural gas pipeline that opponents believe would be harmful to US allies in Europe.

It appears that those mandatory sanctions on Nord Stream 2 are more harmful to Europe than on Russia.

Republican Senator from Wyoming John Barrasso. “We know that protecting this Russian trap is not in our national security interest. Our amendment will rightfully restore bipartisan sanctions on Putin’s geopolitical weapon”.

The US geopolitical weapon is to force EU and Europeans to buy them LNG long term. Not for the cheap cost. Europeans paid Russian gas and oil at a cheaper cost.

The US Envoy in 2019 claimed that the sanctions agaisnt Russian oil had being viewed as pro pro-European despite that Washington is the one that pushed for the ban/sanctions agonist Russian Oil.

US envoy defends Nord Stream 2 sanctions as ‘pro-European’

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The question is now who is really using gas/oil as a leverage?

edit on 6-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
The question is now who is really using gas/oil as a leverage?

I'm going to have to say either the Oil companies or NWO Western leaders. We didn't need Russian oil/gas back then, don't need it now. It is all scapegoat of a failing western system that doesn't work. Go ahead join the war and act like a pawn to storm east for more resources we don't really need. This is just a repeat of colonization of slave enforcement on other countries. That is why the BRICS are trying to break off and go independent. As they said it is not going to be Unipolar world where Western world hoard all resources. A Multi-polar world. None of the BRICS nations fully rely on each other resources or command each other.

They are setting a massive example.
edit on 6-7-2022 by arcticscouthunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Our oil reserves have been depleted and sent overseas; LNG has risen 700% and 3/4 of it is going to the EU. What other natural resources can we get out of the country in record speed while we circle the drain?

Even if the Democrats loose the majority we'll still have two years left of Biden policies. That may be all the time he needs to finish what he set out to do.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I am worried about the republicans they arent the anti war types. They are the ones who want to further escalate the conflict in Ukraine even more.

Remember the last time they had a majority with the Trump admin? what have they achieved for four years? all of a sudden they are worried about the social programs and social issues that the liberals had being pushing inside the educational institutions and in other areas of job field?

Are they going to be serious about those things or would they just ignore it when they win?

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Using energy as weapon?

Smells like good old fashioned capitalism to me.
:
edit on 2022 7 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Nice try to reverse the roles, but you got it all backwards.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I took it from here - mid.ru...

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Nice try to reverse the roles

Than you agree with the EU and that statement. Which is unfortunately because you believe MSM on this. Fact is, the sanctions are impacting the Europeans over the fertilizers.

If you prefer to believe the MSM on Ukraine go on.

But ask a farmer on the fertilizers how high they cost for them...

edit on 7-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Mistake wrong place
edit on 7-7-2022 by bobw927 because: Mistake wrong place

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Everyone needs energy

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I am worried about the republicans they arent the anti war types. They are the ones who want to further escalate the conflict in Ukraine even more.

The Republicans always increase military spending, which made me think they were war mongers in my younger days. War always seemed to start under a Republican administration. One day someone pointed out I should take a closer look at history and how a Democratic administration always seemed to bring us to the very brink of war, and even though the political tide shifted it was too late to avoid conflict.

I'm certainly seeing that play out with the Biden administration. Before anyone points out we had two wars under the Bush's, I have always been a firm believer that the entire Bush family were RINO's. Take a close look at their private and political lives and tell me I'm wrong- if you can.

top topics

join