It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the beach, sunburn lasting almost 2 weeks ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hi all.

I'm just going to ask this here, as it's the only social media for me & nobody irl to ask.

So, I got burned at the beach. My shoulders etc all healed fine, but my lower legs are still red.
Friday it will be 2 weeks since I was at the beach. It never hurt, or very little, and no blistering.
Do feel some slight prickling with certain movements, but that's it.

The other burned areas just became tanned, but not my lower legs.
Is this normal? It just seems unusual long , even for me.
I usually burn(that becomes a tan) to beach sun exposure.
it makes no sense , this should have healed(turned tan) by now ?

Anyone have any idea ?
Also, will this leave scars?
Thanks

edit on 6-7-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Don't consume too much foods containing furocoumarins before going out into the sun. Our bodies can detox it within about three hours, so try to wait before going out after consuming it. It is not just the furocoumarins but a combo of the chemistries of these plants that can lead to sunburns and also promote skin cancer risk during this time.

www.sciencedirect.com...

There are also meds containing coumadins that should be of concern if you are out in the sun a lot.

I do not know if this is related to what happened to you, but I do know that it is relevant to most people.

I have learned not to eat berries either while out picking berries because they promote burning and some have chemistry that makes you sweat like hell. I don't think those chemistries are furocoumarins, but a chemistry that is similar in nature. Probably some kind of phenol or something...read about it years ago but can't remember the name of the chemistry off hand...loaded the brain up with more important things since what I am talking about with fruits and certain veggies has been known of for almost a century. So long that the people promoting health these days don't even pay attention to the knowledge of old.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Don't consume too much foods containing furocoumarins before going out into the sun. Our bodies can detox it within about three hours, so try to wait before going out after consuming it. It is not just the furocoumarins but a combo of the chemistries of these plants that can lead to sunburns and also promote skin cancer risk during this time.

www.sciencedirect.com...

There are also meds containing coumadins that should be of concern if you are out in the sun a lot.

I do not know if this is related to what happened to you, but I do know that it is relevant to most people.

I have learned not to eat berries either while out picking berries because they promote burning and some have chemistry that makes you sweat like hell. I don't think those chemistries are furocoumarins, but a chemistry that is similar in nature. Probably some kind of phenol or something...read about it years ago but can't remember the name of the chemistry off hand...loaded the brain up with more important things since what I am talking about with fruits and certain veggies has been known of for almost a century. So long that the people promoting health these days don't even pay attention to the knowledge of old.

I eat a lot of fruits & veggies, no meds, so yes this is probably some allergic reaction. Although it never itched.
Will this redness fade completely ? Will it leave any marks?

Actually I remember i was taking grapeseed extract supplements, which I was having some other side effects with (stopped taking it) that could have caused this photo sensitivity reaction.
edit on 6-7-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

The juices are fine if you don't go out into the sun. Just don't drink orange or citrus juice or any drink made of it unless you are shielded from the sun. About three hours after, the chemistries are metabolized and usually the levels are low enough not to be a problem. I do not know if you drink them a real lot if the body will be able to keep up with producing enzymes to block the chemistry....maybe not because they do have some warnings on meds containing coumadin to always stay out of the sun.

I eat about three grapefruit a week, but I usually eat it in the evening, I also create soup recipies that have stuff containing these chemistries....celery, carrots, parsley, and stuff like peas and beans....but I eat the soup and usually stay inside after lunch for a while and our land is wooded, if working outside, I tend to not go in the hot sun anymore.

I don't know any food chemistries that will help to heal the sunburn after you get it and I do know people who got scarring from bad sunburn. Their skin is rough in the bad areas or discolored. I usually burn a little initially then I just tan like hell after that, I get pretty dark, people have mistaken me for microneaian or island people over the years when I turn real dark. I do not know if I can tan like that anymore, I am sixty six now. Probably just turn into a prune.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The juices are fine if you don't go out into the sun. Just don't drink orange or citrus juice or any drink made of it unless you are shielded from the sun. About three hours after, the chemistries are metabolized and usually the levels are low enough not to be a problem. I do not know if you drink them a real lot if the body will be able to keep up with producing enzymes to block the chemistry....maybe not because they do have some warnings on meds containing coumadin to always stay out of the sun.

I eat about three grapefruit a week, but I usually eat it in the evening, I also create soup recipies that have stuff containing these chemistries....celery, carrots, parsley, and stuff like peas and beans....but I eat the soup and usually stay inside after lunch for a while and our land is wooded, if working outside, I tend to not go in the hot sun anymore.

I don't know any food chemistries that will help to heal the sunburn after you get it and I do know people who got scarring from bad sunburn. Their skin is rough in the bad areas or discolored. I usually burn a little initially then I just tan like hell after that, I get pretty dark, people have mistaken me for microneaian or island people over the years when I turn real dark. I do not know if I can tan like that anymore, I am sixty six now. Probably just turn into a prune.

Thankfully, this morning the redness (all of sudden) seems to be gone

I will keep your advice and what I read online in mind next time I go to the beach though.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My face too right now, beet red-3 wks. Im guessing less blood flow to your legs. Its a tradeoff kinda.

Best!

MS/EMT

Hey? That did burn your squamous epithelial tissue. (look it up, great Scrabble words!!!!!) *(No peeking: its "skin".)
edit on 07223631America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jul 2022 10:55:36 -050055202200000036 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Hi all.

I'm just going to ask this here, as it's the only social media for me & nobody irl to ask.

So, I got burned at the beach. My shoulders etc all healed fine, but my lower legs are still red.
Friday it will be 2 weeks since I was at the beach. It never hurt, or very little, and no blistering.
Do feel some slight prickling with certain movements, but that's it.

The other burned areas just became tanned, but not my lower legs.
Is this normal? It just seems unusual long , even for me.
I usually burn(that becomes a tan) to beach sun exposure.
it makes no sense , this should have healed(turned tan) by now ?

Anyone have any idea ?
Also, will this leave scars?
Thanks

Sounds like a normal 2nd degree burn. Keep it moisturized with nonfragrance lotion and nondyed aloe, and keep drinking water.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
As opposed to the UK where you have to sit on the beach for 2 weeks to get sunburn.

Boom tish.

new topics

top topics

join