It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the freak is going on here? No truckers? No TRUCKS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interesting read....trucking is a passion....some people are born truckers. But all you listed sucks out that natural passion.

Insurance, diesel prices, d.o.t. are ridiculous, maintenance, rent a parking spot.

Its hard, but like a lot of other people they are barely getting by as well.

So if rolling coal and Jake brakes turns you on. Then work is a little easier. Gotta have fun with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

a mechanic working on an elevator in my building told me, last week, that if they had to order a certain elevator switch, the time it would take to actually get it would be 65 WEEKS!

weeks!

freestone

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Unions wanted the trains out of long haul transportation back in the 1960's. They got it and now, where are the trucks.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Agree

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

seems really dodgy truckers world wide are about to get a wake up call by something like automated AI trucks
and this is how they do it make it next to impossible for a human to operate a vehicle.
Short of being a truck mechanic and having all your papers and be a certified parts retailer and owning a fleet of trucks

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

seems really dodgy truckers world wide are about to get a wake up call by something like automated AI trucks

You really should start praying that never happens. I posted one example of why... there are plenty more. Almost every driver out there has at least one similar "war story."

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join