It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the anti capitalism documentaries I can see why my gen is so confused and rightfully so:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Corporations are owned by insurance firms owned by rich elites so we have an almost vanished middle class so no real working system anymore and this is all my generation knows. To them this is 'capitalism' and it's a hot mess now. It makes communism more and more appealing as it sounds good on paper that all the needs will be taken care of and they won't have to worry about mean fat corporations as pictured in George Orwell 1984 spitting on them.

WARNING SEVERE VOMIT INDUCING PROPAGANDA:

Here's some videos of what I mean:
Don't they sound pretty convincing?

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
FWIW I've been hearing about the collapse of America and/or capitalism since the 70s and while someday it may happen It's more likely it will morph itself into something different.

I haven't seen another system that would work with a country that has such a diverse and immense population. ie what works in Sweden or Norway might not work here.

That said not sure of your age but you do know it all likelihood you will live to a ripe old age and be relatively happy and content.

If you are youngish don't sweat this crap too much though, take care of yourself and those you love and good things will follow. It's really all most of us can do in this world, beyond that vote in your local elections be a good citizen pay your taxes but mostly live your life. Try not to overly concern yourself, especially if it's something beyond your control.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
My advice is to read Orwell's 1984 very carefully, you may find a very different message in the actual text. Next, research any, and I really mean any, first person accounts; historical accounts; any accounts from the Soviet Union or literally any Communist run nations from the last, oh, hundred or so years now. No reason at all for any generation to be so confused if one just balances out the "screen info" from the "book info." Hell, doesn't even have to be a paper book; just something "not" social media. Solid knowledge, works like magic.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

ha

edit - You are never going to get any sugar babies that way. Well not many if any.

edit on 6-7-2022 by thelastman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The problem with gaming is that gamers are the most pathetic retards on the face of the earth. If they dont want to pay for microtransactions they dont have to. But yeah I hate them - why do we get companies like Elton Musks Tesla testing 'beta' versions of his dangerous vehicles on public roads? Its because of gamers. They played this game in beta! They are so cool. And the %$%$ing bundles. Remember a few years ago everyone was trying to sell you a bundle of crap. ell gamers are to blame for that too. See they bought a bundle of 6 games and they only already own 4 of them but they got them for the price of two old crap games. Thats how smart gamers are. They are dumb - but then when you mix in how pathetic they are well of course they will be ripe for capitalist exploitation. I say %$%$ em.
edit on 6-7-2022 by thelastman because: Elton

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I feel bad about my reply above so rather than edit it I thought I would expand underneath. Bump the thread for the OP.

I kind of changed my mind now. Ha. Well without being a jerk about it I think that gamers are hyper consumers and while they are not exactly the face of modern capitalist consumerism, they are at the forefront - and they do set consumer trends that are then taken and used for other markets. Like the bundle thing I mentioned above. I know that bundling items that nobody would really want together at a cheap price is nothing new but gamers love that stuff. You can keep games that you bought outside of steam in your steam account to boost up the number of games you have. These people y hundreds and often thousands of games. They by cheap games. They buy games on special. They buy new releases of the top games or whatever. A lot of them are addicted to buying games. And adding to their steam reputation/cred or whatever. Anyway all these bundle sites started popping up a few years ago and these hardcore steam people went crazy for them. And then you hear this bundle word everywhere. What a cable company for example would have previously called a 'package' they were now calling a bundle. It was bundlemania for a while there. It was because of the gamers. And the beta thing. To us normal people we hear the word beta and we arent thinking anything good but these gamer people hear beta and to them it means things like early access, vip. special communities, etc etc. I know you will hear the word with computers outside of gaming but its this hardcore beta testing types that make the word beta into a positive that can be used for marketing or PR spin. It used to be that a company would allow members of a 'community' to beta test a game before it was released to help thing iron out bugs that testers had missed. So these types brag about this to others and act as if they were involved in making the game or something. Or they just brag because they think its cool that they got to be part of the beta testing. And it is to some. Maybe it is. Anyway because 'beta testing' is some cool thing to these people somehow they got to a point where companies where hyping up so-called 'beta-release' dates and selling beta testing access with the preorder. So this leads to a world where Elton Musk can just shrug his shoulders every time a tesla malfunctions and kills someone and say that its in beta. Ha. He can use beta as part of his pr spin. And its because gamers have created a world where companies can release unfinished products for public consumption - its called beta.

Gamers are some kind of counter culture I guess but they certainly are not anti-consumer and while many do not typically like big companies or the people behind them like Zuckerberg and his VR company he bought for example ( Ha. Gamers liked it when the guy that crowdfunded for it owned it.... Now Zuckerberg competes with Steam... HA! )- they are worse than people that line up to buy a new iphone at the end of the day. They buy early access to everything. They buy special editions. They buy all kinds of crazy crap. Skins and whatnot.They never stop buying. So microtransactions actually suit them... And if companies were not making money...

And the streaming. I only watched first video ( I wanted to kill myself so I checked the time on video and it was only three minutes in ) but yeah the streaming doesnt seem to be a problem to anyone other than 'retro gamers' and I think they are a lot bigger in numbers on youtube than in real life. Ha. And I guess console gamers to a point plus there is obvious overlap - but but yeah for the most part I dont even think console gamers care about physical media.

The big thing for me is this - why dont the media ever mention the guy that owns steam? Seriously they never mention him. They like to celebrate capitalist heroes yet never mention this guy. Want the 'metaverse' to be a thing yet its always about Zuckerberg. Couldnt the guy that owns steam help? Whats up with that? He is a great capitalist success. What he has done is amazing. He is also loved. Obviously I know some guys that are into this crap and they showed me a video of this guy - he is a big fat gut. An old guy - they show me this video and this guy is on a livestream for some Dota competition and they seriously acted like he was a God or something. So you got this big fat valve guy that is a God to what can be a hard to please consumer base of a massive industry - but the capitalist media never mentions this guy. Seems like a waste.

Speaking of gaming and capitalism - did you guys hear about this market manipulation of the retro gaming market? Pretty interesting if you missed it -

edit on 6-7-2022 by thelastman because: ever

edit - I %$%$ you not. This dude I know just messaged me on steam and told me he has a tropico 5 key for me. I didnt even ask. If you are reading this - get help dude. Ha.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
FWIW I've been hearing about the collapse of America and/or capitalism since the 70s and while someday it may happen It's more likely it will morph itself into something different.

I haven't seen another system that would work with a country that has such a diverse and immense population. ie what works in Sweden or Norway might not work here.

That said not sure of your age but you do know it all likelihood you will live to a ripe old age and be relatively happy and content.

If you are youngish don't sweat this crap too much though, take care of yourself and those you love and good things will follow. It's really all most of us can do in this world, beyond that vote in your local elections be a good citizen pay your taxes but mostly live your life. Try not to overly concern yourself, especially if it's something beyond your control.

You sound like my mom, mean well , but not helpful. It doesn't hurt to be concerned, concerned people bring change. Sleeping/oblivious people become pawns

It's at least good to always try to wake up as many as you can , by posting/commenting online and talking to friends/family.
Every person you wake up might wake one up as well , and them as well, and them , it will be an exponential ripple effect

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

Spoiled kids are usually the worst.
That's not a knock on the kids either it's just a matter of fact statement.
Things have been good for so long that it has a negative impact on perspective.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedKaliBlack
My advice is to read Orwell's 1984 very carefully, you may find a very different message in the actual text. Next, research any, and I really mean any, first person accounts; historical accounts; any accounts from the Soviet Union or literally any Communist run nations from the last, oh, hundred or so years now. No reason at all for any generation to be so confused if one just balances out the "screen info" from the "book info." Hell, doesn't even have to be a paper book; just something "not" social media. Solid knowledge, works like magic.

Well this is a BS statement. There's first person accounts from US citizens who spent time in Communist countries and had plenty of good things to say about them.

The USSR won the space race and pretty much won the second world war on their own. There were no drugs, school shootings or trailer parks in Russia during communism.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

Capitalism is great, if you have money. If you're poor. It's not so good. This is why Venezuela elected Chavez into power. He promised better things for the poor. Free schooling, free medicine and subsidized gas. And of course the poor liked the sound of that and voted him into office. And it wrecked their economy. And that's the problem with Capitalism. Unrestricted greed kills the goose that laid the golden egg. It's unsustainable if left to run rampant. Eventually people will demand change and the change won't be for the better.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat
Corporations are owned by insurance firms owned by rich elites so we have an almost vanished middle class...

The upper middle class has grown from 6% in the 1960's to 33% now. The poor in America are less poor than they were and by global standards are very well off.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: putnam6

You sound like my mom, mean well , but not helpful. It doesn't hurt to be concerned, concerned people bring change. Sleeping/oblivious people become pawns

It's at least good to always try to wake up as many as you can , by posting/commenting online and talking to friends/family.
Every person you wake up might wake one up as well , and them as well, and them , it will be an exponential ripple effect

LOL, helpful, LOL I was trying not to be a deek, and stay awake, it was 3:45 in the morning.

regardless if he is under 30 and male and worried about the stuff they posted, yea it's hard for me to relate. and if they are over 30? well, they don't sound as if they are over 30.

Surprise

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thelastman
a reply to: putnam6

ha

edit - You are never going to get any sugar babies that way. Well not many if any.

Sugar babies? WTF are you talking about, LOL I don't want any sugar babies, now a sugar momma LOL. perhaps
edit on 6-7-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In the west we tried capitalism and got a banking cartel that control the monetary system and who took over the power from the people by buying up the politicians so every vote is a vote for the same masters. When you have an oligarchy that control manufacturing and have the political power then it is a fascist system. The west is not democratic but fascist globalist.

In Russia they threw out the western banking cartel and became a nation where manufacturing and political power is in the hand of an oligarchy. So Russia is a national fascist country. Not Nazi because you need dualistic race ideas to be Nazi.

In China state took control over manufacturing and political power under the name of Communism. Same power pyramid so they are also a fascist power pyramid.

You can only have democracy or communism if the power pyramid is totally flattened.

These power pyramids are totally worthless in creating real scientific progress and abundance of materials humanity needs since they are creating scarcity that creates suffering to the 99% who are not on the top of the pyramids. If we push automation to the max abundance will follow automatically.

But the people in charge seem to want less population since they do not want to lose their power pyramid control.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They won’t even play these song in Fast an the Furious anymore.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SortingHat
Corporations are owned by insurance firms owned by rich elites so we have an almost vanished middle class...

The upper middle class has grown from 6% in the 1960's to 33% now. The poor in America are less poor than they were and by global standards are very well off.
My grandfather could purchase a house for his family working at a grocery store stocking produce. It would be impossible to do that in today’s economy.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape
My grandfather could purchase a house for his family working at a grocery store stocking produce. It would be impossible to do that in today’s economy.

And? It doesn't change the reality that more people are well off and that America's poor are in better shape than many countries middle classes.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Well this is a BS statement. There's first person accounts from US citizens who spent time in Communist countries and had plenty of good things to say about them.

The USSR won the space race and pretty much won the second world war on their own. There were no drugs, school shootings or trailer parks in Russia during communism.

Fantastic. If the OP takes my advice, he or she will be able to read all of the good things about the USSR as well as the bad things. I also suggest doing a deep dive into statistics for a compare and contrast exercise between life for the average citizen in communist systems versus other systems. Then he or she can make an informed decision about the various systems at work in the world; assuming he or she is a citizen of a country which allows it, he or she can also then vote accordingly. What he or she should not do, however, is base those decisions off of videos on social media sites.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thelastman

I think I speak for everyone when I say

What the fk are you ever talking about????

You and the poster must be Real life friends it's pretty clear lol

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: RedKaliBlack

Lol wrong on all accounts

Man do they REALLY NOT teach history anymore???

Also whats w all the random never seen before accounts the last few days

top topics

<<   2 >>

join