It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Experts want to see some health mandates brought back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Thanks you for displaying your ignorance for all to see...

Anyone who cannot see the difference between returning the power to decide the legality of whether or not women can murder their unborn child to the States where it rightfully belongs, and forcing everyone to inject a potentially deadly concoction into their body should be permanently barred from voting, and driving a car, and buying a gun and just about everything else.

My personal opinion about abortion is not the point of my post.

Rather, it's the devilishly clever irony of the political moves being made in regard to issues of bodily autonomy at a time when the government wishes to increase its control over citizens in every way, and in a climate in which tech and science have given them so many effective new ways to do it.

First, we have the Democrat party taking the policy position that the timeline for a legal abortion should be extended, all the way up to nine months for some advocates. That's the issue that led to Dobbs. Polls consistently show that the majority of Americans who support abortion also support time limits. So the majority of voters who support abortion with time limits are now at odds with the pro-abortion party's stance.

Next, Roe is overturned. Abortion is now up to the states. Statistics also show at least a fifty-fifty split in pro versus anti Roe voters, with the lean going to pro when time limits are there. Among younger demographics, the support for abortion goes even higher. Thus it seems logical that many states will keep access to abortion in some form or another, with future trends leaning towards more support for abortion rights, not less.

Now we go to vaccine mandates. Even the recent Supreme Court ruling against vaccine mandates was limited to Biden's OSHA mandates, and made allowances for certain health care situations. That's with a relatively manageable pandemic and a vaccine with mixed results at best. So if and when another, more serious pandemic occurs, with a more demonstrably safe, effective, and time-tested vaccine, the issue will certainly surface again. Perhaps even sooner than we'd like.

With Roe as a precedent, the decisions about mandates will hopefully at least be left to the states, though unlike abortion, that "public health imperative" is a big one. Abortion can only kill one unborn person at a time; an infectious disease carrier can potentially infect and kill many.

Again, all this has nothing to do with my personal opinion on abortion; these are rather my opinions and observations on the legal-political situation at hand.

Also in my opinion--and at this point that's all it is--statistics and demographics favor abortion being legal with limitations; and yet I believe they also favor vaccine mandates.

But the irony I can't help but notice here is that in pushing abortion to an extreme, liberals made it easier to overturn Roe, with Dobbs as the vehicle in. By overturning Roe, conservatives made it easier to implement vaccine mandates, because there is no longer a Constitutional precedent for bodily autonomy.
edit on 6-7-2022 by RedKaliBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Ironically, the people in America who fear Covid-19 the most and still wear masks when shopping, are THE VACCINATED.

Shutdowns really did a number on their minds!

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedKaliBlack
a reply to: tanstaafl
By overturning Roe, conservatives made it easier to implement vaccine mandates, because there is no longer a Constitutional precedent for bodily autonomy.

You are ignoring the 9th Amendment, as many do.

That said, I agree that we actually need a medical freedom amendment, that forbids the mandating of any medical procedures or treatments without our fully informed voluntary consent.

That said, I would support a clause in such an amendment that allows for the involuntary/forced quarantining of anyone who is suspected of carrying a highly infectious and deadly disease, until they can be tested and proven to actually be carrying it - and if they aren't, then they are immediately released.

<< 1   >>

join