It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the Highland Park murders, a new approach to gun control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The horrific mass murder on July 4th, and any other murders by firearms must be reduced. The picture that we are now seeing emerge from Columbine to Highland Park horrors, has one, very important common denominator, the lack of parenting during the childhood phase of development.
Example; from Crimo's former coach, Mr. Cahnmann, "Crimo was 9 or 10 when he was enrolled in Cahnmann's Nerf football program, along with his younger brother. "Every week, the Crimos were the last kids there, and we'd have to call their parents to pick them up," the former coach said, speaking of Crimo's dad, Bob Crimo, 58, and his mom, Denise Pesina, 48. "The kid was really quiet, really soft-spoken, never made an issue," added Cahnmann, who now runs the Chicago-based company Brain Bash Trivia. Pesina, however, was a handful, he said. "She got into it once with one of the heads of the program, she was yelling," he recalled. "It seemed like her kids were a nuisance to her." "The signs were there for a long time," said a neighbor of Crimo. "There were always police cars at the house. The parents were arguing, fighting all the time." Pesina is a self-proclaimed energy healer with her company called Trilogy Energy Systems, according to her Facebook page. www.foxnews.com...
Additional information on his mom is located here and it is a must read. www.facebook.com...

This lack of a loving family core, is what leads to public violence time and time again, case after case.

Now, what we may have to do, is if APS (Adult Protective Service), LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers), or CPS (Child Protective Services), creates a case, where three or more incidences, that are logged within a five year period, then an LMSW (Licensed Medical Social Worker) must go in and assess the family for disruption in child rearing. As the child gets older, teachers, medical staff and the family must routinely come together for corrective action. These parents and child must go into a Nation wide data base. This data base will be utilized any time the parents or child attempt to purchase a weapon, magazine (sometimes erroneously called "clip's) or ammunition.
Now before peoples eyeballs pop out, let me tell you that I am 100% 2nd Amendment! The Second Amendment, amendment to the Constitution of the United States, was adopted in 1791 as part of the Bill of Rights.
Please note, that less than 52 years after our Constitution was signed, there were wanted posters.

Any reasonable shop keeper would not sell anything to these criminals, and many would meander down to the local Sheriff office and let them know what happened. These wanted posters, when gathered together or singularly, was the Data Base at the time. A new data base must be formed.
Now I'm not saying that these parents and their children are criminals, but I have no problem with them going before the court, before they are allowed to purchase anything that has to deal with the second Amendment or join the military.
I know that this is just a rudimentary format that I have presented, but I believe the ATS community can adjust and remold it, and present it to our elected officials as a model to heal our nation.
God Bless America!

edit on v092022Tuesdaypm31America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jul 2022 16:09:17 -05001 by Violater1 because: kagruretu

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Interesting proposal and I agree with everything you listed and would support it, except....

I know that this is just a rudimentary format that I have presented, but I believe the ATS community can adjust and remold it, and present it to our elected officials as a model to heal our nation.

ATS hasn't been a community since Obama was elected and it has progressively gotten much worse....imo

And in the course of this thread and the responses; you will see what I mean.

edit on 5-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And yet, you see many of the same faces that have been here for years. Almost as if it wasn't the membership that changed, but the opposition. Even if you like the current way of the democrats, some of us think they went nuts. But look who I'm talking to......LOL

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

ATS hasn't been a community since Obama was elected and it has progressively gotten much worse....imo

I see what you did there. 🧐

I think V1 has some valid points here.
The school system is part and parcel
of the problem. Get back to teaching
R W, A and stop sowing division and hate.
edit on 5-7-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This seems reasonable, on its face.

Not to attempt to be "punny", but someone said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. We are heading down that path if people with demonstrable mental health issues continue to have access to firearms.

I understand the language and intent of "...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED", but .... I have no shame in expressing belief in the idea that some people just shouldn't be around firearms. If you go into a range, and don't handle your gear appropriately, flag people with your weapon, etc, most RSO will have no qualms about intervening and relieving you of your weapon and getting you off the range. If this is taken just one step further, then is making people demonstrate they are mentally sound and have no psychological issues before they purchase a firearm, really that much different?

I think the problem others have, and I do too to an extent, is that when you open Pandora's Box for a stipulation or asterisk next to the 2nd, it WILL be abused and it WILL be viewed by some as a prompt to start down the road of disarming the public. Anyone that doesn't think there are substantial forces at work to remove firearms from the American public is in denial.

The only way something like this works is as part of a compromise, e.g. the ridiculously restrictive "blue" city/states have to loosen restrictions on healthy, "law abiding" citizens in exchange for a universal/federal mental health check. I'm not sensing that side is amenable to coming to the table with compromise in mind, so .... sadly this seems like an empty gesture that will never gain traction.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
More government involvement and oversight? No thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That's about the time this country started taking a major sht and crumbling, from education to the economy, so it makes sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

And yet, you see many of the same faces that have been here for years. Almost as if it wasn't the membership that changed, but the opposition. Even if you like the current way of the democrats, some of us think they went nuts. But look who I'm talking to......LOL

I started lurking around here circa 2016, so before that, I don't have much context on ATS, but, in my experience, the post-2016 discourse here seemed to sort of go off the rails. Which sort of lines up with the rest of society.

I didn't see too many photo shoots with people holding a bloody knife and a stage prop of Obama's severed head in mainstream publications.

Also didn't see too many street plays featuring a plot where Obama was assassinated.

The NYT also wasn't running incessant hit pieces on the First Lady and the First Daughters, unlike during some recent administrations.

I never got much into the "birther conspiracy" or other stuff. Fantasizing about killing POTUS, and MAM-condoned pot shots on the First Family, seem to be kind of post-Obama developments, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Why not? Left wingers control the government and they know what's best for everyone else. What's the worst that could happen?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
but I believe the ATS community can adjust and remold it, and present it to our elected officials as a model to heal our nation.

Uh, no. ATS is not a "community" and has no standing with the rest of the country. Indeed, mainstream America considers this a laughingstock. It's been cited once or twice and called "a cranky conspiracy site" in the process. It's not the least bit democratic and members are subject to the whims of what is considered proper rhetoric by a moderation team that has no accountability to anyone. ATS is owned by a shadow corporation that refuses to identify itself. Nobody knows who they are. No proposal that is in any way "sponsored" or endorsed by ATS has a snowball's chance in hell of surviving even a cursory level of scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Interesting proposal and I agree with everything you listed and would support it, except....

Sadly, I concur.
Which is why I rarely post here anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Psychology Today has an article on common characteristics of mass shooters.

It might be helpful to look at it. Generally, they are young males exposed to trauma and violence who lack self-esteem and a feeling of physical capability themselves. In other words, weak young men lashing out.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Then please, what do you propose?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

but I believe the ATS community can adjust and remold it, and present it to our elected officials as a model to heal our nation.

Uh, no. ATS is not a "community" and has no standing with the rest of the country. Indeed, mainstream America considers this a laughingstock. It's been cited once or twice and called "a cranky conspiracy site" in the process. It's not the least bit democratic and members are subject to the whims of what is considered proper rhetoric by a moderation team that has no accountability to anyone. ATS is owned by a shadow corporation that refuses to identify itself. Nobody knows who they are. No proposal that is in any way "sponsored" or endorsed by ATS has a snowball's chance in hell of surviving even a cursory level of scrutiny.

Your blind negativism is part of the problem, and not part of the solution.
If you have the balls, what reasonable proposal would you make?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Psychology Today has an article on common characteristics of mass shooters.

It might be helpful to look at it. Generally, they are young males exposed to trauma and violence who lack self-esteem and a feeling of physical capability themselves. In other words, weak young men lashing out.

And what part of my OP do agree or disagree too? And what would you add or subtract?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You can read in another thread about California “accidentally” leaking it’s database of all registered guns over the weekend.

Who do you trust to say “ you get a gun, and you get a gun.... But not you.”

New York? California? President Trump? President Biden? The attorney general, who says that parents who mostly peacefully protest “their” school board, are domestic terrorists?

So any “Grand Solution” has got to take into account that the peasantry don’t trust their lordships to actually protect peasants’ rights.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's about the time this country started taking a major sht and crumbling, from education to the economy, so it makes sense.

That's when the first of the "no child left behind" kids were involved in a presidential election.
I was there, I saw it first hand. Obama never would have been elected if MY peers hadn't been targeted and employed as demodrones.
I think a lot of the problem is that since no child left behind went into play, nobody is ever forced to grow up.
Now we're surrounded by forever children, and it explains a lot.
Of course, many of those peers are parents and some are even grand parents now.
Strap in, I guess...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I never considered you a clown.
I would like to know what your thought on my OPinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Then please, what do you propose?

First, I appreciate the fact that someone, you in this case, is looking for real solutions.

I do not pretend to have all the answers, but we can start by not making celebrities out of these psychos. Take away their vain glory by leaving them nameless and preferably faceless in the media. From what I've read, this guy was quite pleased with himself, knowing he would be recognized for his actions. Erase them from society.

Get rid of "gun free zones".

Actually enforce the laws we already have on the books.

Stop making "gun" a bad word. Take the fear out of guns and put the focus where it belongs. On the criminals.

Start giving equal media focus to the many many times guns have saved lives, such as when a CC takes out the bad guy before they get a chance to harm others.

The list could go on and on, but none of these things are going to happen until conservatives start investing heavily in media and education the way liberals have. You have to get on the battlefield to win the war.

The only way you're going to further reduce the amount of gun crime is by getting the public involved, not by inserting the same politicians and government who created this problem to start with.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's when the first of the "no child left behind" kids were involved in a presidential election.
I was there, I saw it first hand. Obama never would have been elected if MY peers hadn't been targeted and employed as demodrones.
I think a lot of the problem is that since no child left behind went into play, nobody is ever forced to grow up.
Now we're surrounded by forever children, and it explains a lot.
Of course, many of those peers are parents and some are even grand parents now.
Strap in, I guess...

Everything that Obama, or Clinton had a hand in, has caused nothing but problems.
But what are your additions with my proposed action?
* 4 U

top topics

join