It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overall confidence in US institutions at record low

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thank you for the explanation, so in other words, cut out some of the politicians and have a direct vote?

Yes!

I got no problem with that at all, as long as it could be secure and verified, but no politician is gonna vote for something that removes their importance.

Yes, indeed. People in power want more power not less, so that's definitely our first hurdle to overcome. It may have to start at the state level, by electing officials who will work towards a national process.

I would love to see a new "Contract For America " type thing, but originating with the people establishing their demands/conditions for who they will vote for... rather than politicians telling the people what they will do. Ideally, the demands would be so common sensical and and universal that people of all parties, religions and ethnicities would support it.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thank you for the explanation, so in other words, cut out some of the politicians and have a direct vote?

Yes!

I got no problem with that at all, as long as it could be secure and verified, but no politician is gonna vote for something that removes their importance.

Yes, indeed. People in power want more power not less, so that's definitely our first hurdle to overcome. It may have to start at the state level, by electing officials who will work towards a national process.

I would love to see a new "Contract For America " type thing, but originating with the people establishing their demands/conditions for who they will vote for... rather than politicians telling the people what they will do. Ideally, the demands would be so common sensical and and universal that people of all parties, religions and ethnicities would support it.

Sign me up, I know we have the technology to make something like this happen. As long the advertising is nothing but announcing the vote for a proposal. no lobbying for votes etc. It makes sense as only concerned persons would vote.

Was reading somewhere about blockchain tech could be used for securing the vote

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Sign me up, I know we have the technology to make something like this happen.... Was reading somewhere about blockchain tech could be used for securing the vote.

I've heard this as well about blockchain voting, but I have to confess I don't quite understand how it works.

We do need to find new answers for old problems, and we have a wealth of new tech to do so. We need to make technology work for us not against us.... a tool rather than a weapon.
edit on 5-7-2022 by Boadicea because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Who is Currently Controlling those U.S. Institutions ? Democrats , The Party of NO CONFIDENCE .

Democrats can't Define Woman but can Define an Assault Weapon .
Democrats can't Define Biology but can Define Gender .
Democrats can't Define life but can Define Choice .
Democrats are led in Most Part by Progressive Liberal Democrats .
Democrats are Effed up Man Animals .

Is it Any Wonder that the Current State of America is one of Division and Authoritarian One Party Rule ? RISE !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Democrats can't Define Woman but can Define an Assault Weapon .
Democrats can't Define Biology but can Define Gender .
Democrats can't Define life but can Define Choice .

They do seem to consider definitions to be suggestions as opposed to definitive...

edit on 5-7-2022 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

" They do seem to consider definitions to be suggestions as opposed to definitive..."

Well , I Suggest their Suggestive Definitions should be Definitive so the Whole World can See their Many FAILINGS. Origional Thoughts being just One of Them ........

edit on 6-7-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ooh! That's harsh... but so is nature and natural consequences for our actions -- and inaction. Often not in the ways we expect.

On the plus side, it's often the lessons we learn by living that we learn best. That could work in everyone's favor at some point.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Know Thyself . Best Advice I Ever had as a Kid .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join