It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rishi Sunak - Chancellor and Sajid Javid - Health Sec. Synchronised Resignations

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes. To coin an old phrase originally about Maggie T, if Liz Truss is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It literally is mental....how can anyone think that at this moment in time with all the issues facing the country that the best person to lead the government is someone whose sole goal and political motivation is to out-Thatcher Thatcher?

This may seem slightly hypocritical coming from someone like me who firmly supports radical reform but the thing we need at present is a steady pair of hands.
Liz Truss?
FFS, the world has gone #ing mad.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Here's a quote from Sunak in The Guardian's live feed:
(Bold is mine)

In her Today interview Liz Truss would not accept that she was seeking to imitate Margaret Thatcher, insisting she was her own person. (See 10.38am.) But, in an article he has written for the Daily Telegraph, Rishi Sunak, the former chancellor and Truss’s rival for the Tory leadership, described himself as Thatcherite four times. He said:

My values are Thatcherite. I believe in hard work, family and integrity. I am a Thatcherite, I am running as a Thatcherite and I will govern as a Thatcherite.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Rishi Sunak has agreed to be interviewed by Andrew Neil , Liz Truss bottled it and ran away screaming with he hands in the air.

Sunak is putting his head in the lions mouth , could backfire.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Rishi Sunak has agreed to be interviewed by Andrew Neil , Liz Truss bottled it and ran away screaming with he hands in the air.

Sunak is putting his head in the lions mouth , could backfire.

He's got a pair to agree to that interview at this stage.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Make or break time?

Its truly beyond belief that so many people think it would be a good idea to have Liz Truss as PM.
I'm not exactly a Rishi fan, not by any stretch, but come on......

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ScepticScot

Make or break time?

Its truly beyond belief that so many people think it would be a good idea to have Liz Truss as PM.
I'm not exactly a Rishi fan, not by any stretch, but come on......

No, sadly it makes sense. The Tories have finally rotted to the point where Truss is the answer to a question that they've forgotten the point of.
Although I have more confidence in Starmer than I did in Corbyn, that's not saying much. It's like saying I have more confidence in the pallbearer than the corpse.
The Tories however are literally zombies.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling this was orchestrated by Boris/1922 Comitee to get the public to demand Boris be re-instated as PM.

Sunak and Truss are both bat# mental and make Boris seem honest and competent. Pritti Patel, Dories and Rees Mogg are the only worse candidate out of the entire Party. While I disagree with most Tory policies, they have a lot of good MPs with far more integrity than this lot.

Starmer and the Lib Dems are showing how utterly useless they are by not capitalising on the complete # show and sitting on the fence over strikes.

EDIT: I've never seen a picture/clip of Truss or Sunak where they don' look.move like they're taking it up the arse or have just shat themselves. Suddenly a PM who rugby tackles kids doesn't seem so bad.
edit on 8-8-2022 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

"Pritti Patel, Dories and Rees Mogg are the only worse candidate out of the entire Party."

Surely, you left out Gove?

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I wouldn't be surprised if Boris takes a run at the leadership again at some point.
If things go disastrously between now and the nest election - which they could - it maybe before that.....but if they do badly at the next election I think its more than likely he would then.

His ego wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of being seen as the Knight in Shining Armour riding in to save the day.

If Rees-Mogg was ever considered a viable candidate for PM I would honestly sell up and move somewhere abroad, anywhere.
The man has no redeeming features at all....not even comedic value.

As for The Opposition?
I'm beginning to believe its by design, all thoroughly unfit and unsuitable for any prominent role in public life.
Its not just here in the UK, look at the sort of people standing for office in the US, in France and most other EU countries.
They are awful....all across the political spectrum.

The purpose?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join