It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN full power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What was the first batch of Mandela effects?

faulty memory?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Dont worry

I am sure all these experiments are just "pranks" by scientists.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
a reply to: MetalThunder

The computer you are using right now, it is here thanks to quantum science, so is your microwave btw

And that ultra fast gaming laptop you have your eye set on (you or anyone else), is there because of scientific breakthroughs made in the last 2-3 years.... as are solar panels, heatpumps, modern cars, etc...

The research done at the colliders and other facilities is what is going to make our lives better in the future

...Making our lives better in the future.. You mean like how it has made our lives "better" in recent times? Because i dont think its better. Does making our lives better mean to completely cut ourselves from the surrounding world, and trap us in an artificial one? I think it was a mistake to climb down from the trees, everything snowballed downhill from there.

An evolved and intelligent species lives in balance with its surroundings, because you know, its smart (not smart like your phone but for real smart)
We are the opposite of that, with or without solar panels.

An artificial world is easier to industrialize. Any service, substance or idea can be packaged as a commodity and marketed to idiots who haven't figured out how to grow it in their backyard. And then there's the negative reinforcement of restricting access to encourage compliance with the regime. If you can't trust them with the concept of gold backed USD, or the concept of border security and election integrity, or bioweapons research, or the science of gender, you can't trust them with the fabric of community and human identity in virtual or literal reality.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok folks, you better hang on, there might be a jerk or a jolt or something. T minus two minutes.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Might just need to reseat the RAM.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So, are we now at ludicrous speed? I did not notice that we went plaid.
edit on 7 5 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I saw the plaid right away.

Anyone's radar jammed? I smell strawberries

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I my friend don't thank anyone for these horrendous inventions. Go outside and enjoy nature. I usr this as a tool because its all you screen blind people? See

Actually I live in a place surrounded by only nature where I keep 3 greenhouses, do daily gardening, tend for my animals and enjoy being an artist and do my thing. Besides that I have a day job in which I sell high tech electronics so I need to keep up with things in order to sell.

As much as I enjoy nature, I'm also amazed by our science and new discoveries made daily. Science news is the first thing I read in the morning with my first cup of coffee... For me it's a perfect balance

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

...Making our lives better in the future.. You mean like how it has made our lives "better" in recent times? Because i dont think its better. Does making our lives better mean to completely cut ourselves from the surrounding world, and trap us in an artificial one? I think it was a mistake to climb down from the trees, everything snowballed downhill from there.

An evolved and intelligent species lives in balance with its surroundings, because you know, its smart (not smart like your phone but for real smart)

You are seeing only one negative aspect of technology. I don't like most of the Internet, social media and how it changed people either....

I personally would not want to live in the trees, or give up modern comfort if I don't have to.

What about medical breakthroughs? Not meaning recent vaccines, but cancer treatment for example? Or prosthetics connected to a neuro-link? Laser and robotic surgery?
If not for science I would have been dead years ago!

I cheer for science and hope they'll only do good things with it (but I know they won't... not yet anyway)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They're going to find out that with all their wisdom and technology they still can't do what God did and still can do.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Link

"The third run of the Large Hadron Collider has successfully started
A round of applause broke out in the CERN Control Centre on 5 July at 4.47 p.m. CEST when the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) detectors started recording high-energy collisions at the unprecedented energy of 13.6 TeV"

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If your lawn flies higher than your roof, it will probably fall back down.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I've been hearing that today 1pm eastern time that they are firing up CERN at full power for the 1st time .

Did any of the CERN team survive being fired up at full power ?
I think everyone means the LHC .
CERN is the research teams .
edit on 7/5/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I've been hearing that today 1pm eastern time that they are firing up CERN at full power for the 1st time .

Did any of the CERN team survive neingfired up at full power ?

damn....
now I feel disappointed...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A scenario along the lines of Steven Kind's 'The Mist' comes to mind...

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

What could happen and whats the goal anyone got any input

Small black holes or time shifts ?

edit on 5-7-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Did any of the CERN team survive neingfired up at full power ?

Being fired up to full power is survivable with the right mindset.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Hopefully we get eldritch horrors instead of just the boring Mandela effect stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

You are seeing only one negative aspect of technology. I don't like most of the Internet, social media and how it changed people either....

I personally would not want to live in the trees, or give up modern comfort if I don't have to.

What about medical breakthroughs? Not meaning recent vaccines, but cancer treatment for example? Or prosthetics connected to a neuro-link? Laser and robotic surgery?
If not for science I would have been dead years ago!

I cheer for science and hope they'll only do good things with it (but I know they won't... not yet anyway)

I think there are only negative aspects in technology.

I believe the human species is a perversion. Organisms, especially mammals are supposed to be molded by the environment, not the other way around.

An intelligent species does not actively seek to destroy its surroundings.

Medicine? No, one dies if one dies.

If you look at how we are "evolving" right now, the result is a human in artificial or digital form, not even organic in nature. We will end up floating in space, alone, with no feelings, stored as data in a metal cube.

Now would you rather grow a fur and eat a nice papaya instead?
I would, all day long.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think there are only negative aspects in technology.

I believe the human species is a perversion. Organisms, especially mammals are supposed to be molded by the environment, not the other way around.

An intelligent species does not actively seek to destroy its surroundings.

Medicine? No, one dies if one dies.

If you look at how we are "evolving" right now, the result is a human in artificial or digital form, not even organic in nature. We will end up floating in space, alone, with no feelings, stored as data in a metal cube.

Now would you rather grow a fur and eat a nice papaya instead?
I would, all day long.

I do get what you are saying. you're right, humans are a perversion, a cancer to this planet the way we are going now.

But if we all turned into furies to eat papaya's, it would only be a matter of time before we started deciding on who has the better, longest, more beautiful and most shiny fur of all. Then we would fight for leadership of the furies and his selected few will take away all the papaya's from the common furies to give them to our fury king.

It's our nature to be who we are and only evolution can suck that monster out of us...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join