It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghoulish Battle Over Possible Political Motivation of July 4 Shooter Begins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Summit.News

The ghoulish battle over which political side to blame the Highland Park shooting on has begun, with some claiming he is a Trump supporter and others pointing to the gunman’s anti-Trump sentiment expressed online.

Goulish indeed.

Many have quite a bit of shame to deal with as we start to unravel the mental state of this very troubled young man. I expect this kind of stuff on Twitter and Reddit, but ATS is supposed to deny ignorance. People who I spar with, but typically respect dove right into the mud head first hoping to score a goal against team blue or team red.

To me, this is indicative of just how far we've fallen as a nation. We are no longer one people under God and we are certainly not indivisible. So eager to cast the blame of this insanity on each other that we don't even bother placing the blame where it actually belongs. It just isn't convenient for us to do so. There's an election coming, after all.

To say I'm disgusted is an understatement. Even people who agreed with my sentiment in other threads jumped into the cesspool and waded knee deep in it like they had a vested interest in the politics of the shooter, looking for any modicum of evidence to beat their fellow Americans over the head with.

Meanwhile Americans lay dead in the streets on our Independence Day and no consideration was ever given to them. The blood hadn't dried, the bodies still warm, the shock on the faces of families still had not faded into sadness and mourning before the political opportunism took hold.

Goulish American political madness indeed.
edit on 7 5 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

TBF...One of the first things people always try to figure out (police included)...is WHAT was the motivation for any senseless crime or tragedy?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's not what occurred here.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
TBF...One of the first things people always try to figure out (police included)...is WHAT was the motivation for any senseless crime or tragedy?

The three nearly completely aligned characteristics for mass shooters are: physical/mental abuse as a child, real or perceived grievances and a desire to emulate other mass shooters for notoriety. That's it.

They are almost never politically motivated nor have a clearly defined political stance. They are sick people looking to kill innocent people for fun.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
All of a sudden its important what a random idiot thinks.....because he wielded a gun

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Seems to be the evil horrible little hobbit took things a lot further than politics.

Murdering little bastards on rooftops with long guns somewhat transcending the notion of such.

As to his motivations and given what we have seen regarding his internet postings thus far i have to say it looks like he done it for the infamy.
edit on 5-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
As to his motivations and given what we have seen regarding his internet postings thus far i have to say it looks like he done it for the infamy.

That's the standard MO yet vile POS's will tell you he did it for his political party of choice.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Only cause he says he did….

Don’t look behind the curtain…..
Pay no attention…..

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

My first thought upon stepping into the specific thread I think you are referencing was to post a '' hey let's slow down here a bit and wait for more information please''.

However as I came upon your post I found you had already spoken up to jumping to conclusions to further a one sided political cause and decided that you had said it all and any further comments on my part could only muddy those waters further.

Good job here Pro. Best thread I have read here in quite a while.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Coming together is a beginning.

Keeping together is a progress.

Working together is a success.

-Henry Ford

We are failing in every category because of tribalism to such a degree that I simply don't understand any more.

Corruption has quite a bit to do with it. But beyond that is a chasm so large in our culture that what is to come, I fear, is warfare. We should count ourselves lucky that this isn't a clear cut incident of political violence. Regardless of how some may wish it to be.

Neither Joe Biden or Donald Trump can be hung by this rope.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I appreciate that we can come together on this Terry. That isn't lost on me.

Same goes to Augustus and andy.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

We're 100% on the same page with this, I really don't get what people are trying to accomplish other than trying to be divisive when what is really needed is compassion and tolerance.

This guy was a sick person who obviously planned this out for months, the people he killed were random and he did this for pure enjoyment, not to prove a political stance and frankly I don't know of any American political party that advocates shooting other Americans.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Lol
“Ignore all politics, except anti 2nd,of course”

Lol
Not even a nice try

Ahahahahaha
Aaahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sorry to be a wet blanket here...but discovering motivation behind any crime is always an important element in attempting to understand it's root cause.

Police will also tell you this.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

By the looks of things, and with the size and build of the little fellow, he's apt to have an interesting new life and be rather popular, in whatever federal penitentiary he happens to land, so there is that.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Sorry to be a wet blanket here...but discovering motivation behind any crime is always an important element in attempting to understand it's root cause.

Police will also tell you this.

I listed the motivations for mass shooters, they are nearly identical for each shooting. Could there be one that doesn't fit that? Yeah, it's possible but this is decades of statistics on why they do this.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Tiny people have all kinds of trouble.
Most don’t climb up on roofs and shoot randos…..

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not anti second amendment.

I just don't believe in a situation where the motivation of the shooter is unclear that we should be using a tragedy as a political cudgel.

Laugh all you want.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm not anti second amendment.

I just don't believe in a situation where the motivation of the shooter is unclear that we should be using a tragedy as a political cudgel.

Laugh all you want.

The motivation is CLEAR.
Use this criminals actions to remove rights from law abiding citizens.
Period
BAMN

This is not in dispute
When will you actually listen to them?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Seemingly the evil little hobbit done just that.

And its not like he's the only one this year with around 309 other mass shootings also having transpired, with it being only July.

Ether way they are apt to have some fun with him when he reaches his final destination.

And he will deserve everything he gets.
edit on 5-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join