It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Spy With My Little Eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

I don't know who all had control over things for this interview, but they all dropped the ball. In fact, things like this are why I have a job. This is what Comma-LA was doing. Turns out I wasn't the only one in Louisiana.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I no see it.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I'm from Lousiana ... I mean Louisiana.

Dumb asses.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

There is a clue in the title. Look at the backdrop.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Leaving misspelled words in anything is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I'm from Lousiana ... I mean Louisiana.

Dumb asses.

lol I was looking for something more subversive not just a misspelled word.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I don't know if it was one crew or the other who was responsible for it. I do know that I worked on the account my company had with a national chain, and when we handled their stuff, eyes on both ends were responsible for major signage before it was allowed to go out. I was the eyes on our end for several years.

I would imagine this is handled no differently and it speaks of issues in both organizations that something so basic slipped by. It's one thing when you have a typo in a minor word that your eyes skip over, but everyone should have paid big attention to the main words like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There was a time I was skeptical of the 'dumbing down of America' conspiracy; I'm a believer now!

With everything having computer input in some fashion these days, how was spellcheck avoided?

My granddaughter is in high school and has never had a course in cursive writing; they only teach kids how to print these days, it seems. She has great difficulty reading anything I write. I could just print, but I won't. lol

Some kids never learn to tie shoes; with velcro closures and slip-ons there's no need.

When my kids were in grade school and began routinely asking me how to spell this or that word, I bought them each their own dictionary. Few own dictionaries now; they have spellcheck. Spelling doesn't need to take up space in our long term memory.

WE aren't smarter; we just have greater access to computers to do our thinking for us. Unplug the power grid and watch what happens.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

My son (36 y/o) can't read an analog clock. I chided him for it. Offered to teach him, said it was easy. He didn't even want to learn.

top topics

join