It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't think my doctor knows best!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So I just got home from the doctors office.
But already self-diagnosed this morning : stomach flu

My doctor feels my stomach, pushes hard on my bowls and I go 'AWWWWW!' (clearly signs of infection, but who am I, right? Certainly I'm not a doctor)
She checks my lungs and throat, blood pressure, etc...which are all fine.

Then she says it might as well be covid, but testing is 'up to me'
I tell her that I woke up this morning with A) a fever, B) a headache and C) all the disgusting things that come with a stomach flu!
so why would she think I have covid? (at this point me thinks my doc has lost it!)

She says that nowadays a lot of covid cases present themself as stomach flu symptoms.
The only way to know for sure is to test on both covid and flu viruses, but they just don't do that anymore.

She prescribes me: the usual flu meds: something for nausea, something for diarrhea, Paracetamol and.......
a covid-selftest + two sick days, so I'll be back at work by Thursday to contaminate the place and by next week we'll be understaffed because they'll all have the flu (or covid, who knows)

Anyways... first time since 2007 that I'm sick from the flu so I was pretty surprised this morning to find out I have a fever. I never get sick, certainly not the flu! In the last 15 years my house has been filled with snotty kids noses, man-flues and even covid (twice!)
I. Don't. Ever.Get.Sick!!!
And since I didn't take a jab, it must be those damn masks!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you knew the problem why go to the doctors to begin with? Did you need a doctors note for work or something?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

The covid diagnoses is the UFO equivalent of flares.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
If you knew the problem why go to the doctors to begin with? Did you need a doctors note for work or something?

I did, only reason I went, over here we need a doctors note for every sick day and since I stayed home today I had to go

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

My doctor feels my stomach, pushes hard on my bowls and I go 'AWWWWW!' (clearly signs of infection, but who am I, right? Certainly I'm not a doctor)

I tell her that I woke up this morning with A) a fever, B) a headache and C) all the disgusting things that come with a stomach flu!
so why would she think I have covid? (at this point me thinks my doc has lost it!)

She says that nowadays a lot of covid cases present themself as stomach flu symptoms.
The only way to know for sure is to test on both covid and flu viruses, but they just don't do that anymore.

She prescribes me: the usual flu meds: something for nausea, something for diarrhea, Paracetamol and.......
a covid-selftest + two sick days, so I'll be back at work by Thursday to contaminate the place and by next week we'll be understaffed because they'll all have the flu (or covid, who knows)

Anyways... first time since 2007 that I'm sick from the flu so I was pretty surprised this morning to find out I have a fever. I never get sick, certainly not the flu! In the last 15 years my house has been filled with snotty kids noses, man-flues and even covid (twice!)

The fact that you don't ever get sick from the flu is probably one of the clues your doc is using to suspect Covid. Flu has been around forever and most people have built a lot of natural antibodies to it over the decades. Covid has been around only a couple of years and is rapidly mutating.

As a practical matter, I think the only difference between treating you for the flu and treating you for Covid is that she could (and probably would) prescribe the antiviral med Paxlovid if the test came back positive. But that would only be if Covid is diagnosed quickly, because Paxlovid has to be taken within 5 days of first symptoms in order to be effective.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

The fact that you don't ever get sick from the flu is probably one of the clues your doc is using to suspect Covid. Flu has been around forever and most people have built a lot of natural antibodies to it over the decades. Covid has been around only a couple of years and is rapidly mutating.

As a practical matter, I think the only difference between treating you for the flu and treating you for Covid is that she could (and probably would) prescribe the antiviral med Paxlovid if the test came back positive. But that would only be if Covid is diagnosed quickly, because Paxlovid has to be taken within 5 days of first symptoms in order to be effective.

True.

The flu for me is exhaustion and sleeping for 15-20 hours. Been like since I was a teenager. Either that or I have never been exposed to the flu which I highly doubt considering being in the military in close quarters for a decade and of course all the buffets I used to go to.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You never get sick but now you have a fever.
If I were you I would take that covid test.
Covid can get bad fast. And your already sicker than you have been in years right?

Why chance it.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Take some apple cider vinegar, feel better!

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm kinda surprised that you people think the covid diagnosis is the most obvious.

IMO
the reason I get sick now is because I've been wearing masks for 3 years, every day, all day long (for work)
I'm sure before 2019 I did come into contact with flu viruses, but back then I had a natural defense against it. Wear masks for 3 years and your body lets go of the defense. That is why I get sick now.

Pretty sure I feel better in a day... or two. If not then I do the self test. And only because I'll have to because my note for work is only for two days.

Not every itch is covid....

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Take some apple cider vinegar, feel better!

Just boiled me some rice (rice water!) and a cup of Linden tea

grandma's recipe and it never fails

what does the apple cider vinegar do?
edit on 4-7-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I was curious about that. Wasn’t trying to be a Richard Noggin

Last time I went to the doctor I went in cause I hurt my left eye and they wanted to talk about covid lol. I had a piece of aluminum stuck in my eye and wanted to ask about my vax status. They wanted me to wear a mask too but I told them I couldn’t because my eye was leaking water really bad within 15 seconds the left side of the mask was really wet and I wasn’t playing that game any longer.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

The fact that you don't ever get sick from the flu is probably one of the clues your doc is using to suspect Covid.

I love when people just make up things that sound good and they're the same people being authoritative about COVID science in other threads.

Any doctor that took "I never get the flu" and turned it into a COVID diagnostic tool should lose their license. Given tests are widely available his leaving the test up to the OP would seem to hint his suspicion of COVID wasn't terribly strong. Let's hope your idea is just the irrational reasoning of Internet dwellers pathologically compelled to find excuses for every stupid and inconsistent thing surrounding COVID. The alternative is doctors that don't follow rational diagnostics.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm kinda surprised that you people think the covid diagnosis is the most obvious.

IMO
the reason I get sick now is because I've been wearing masks for 3 years, every day, all day long (for work)
I'm sure before 2019 I did come into contact with flu viruses, but back then I had a natural defense against it. Wear masks for 3 years and your body lets go of the defense. That is why I get sick now.

Pretty sure I feel better in a day... or two. If not then I do the self test. And only because I'll have to because my note for work is only for two days.

Not every itch is covid....

True, but yet you admit you haven't tested yet. A rapid test takes less than 10 minutes. It certainly can't hurt to test yourself. Odds are you have covid, but wouldn't you rather know? You admit you've never been vaccinated. No reason to be stubborn. If you're relatively young and don't have any preexisting conditions, then you'll be over it pretty quickly anyway. No biggie either way.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

You never get sick but now you have a fever.
If I were you I would take that covid test.
Covid can get bad fast. And your already sicker than you have been in years right?

Why chance it.

and do what? take the magic covid removal drug?

ASK YOUR DOCTOR FIRST, BUT LOL, you take ivermectin early and end the sickness. But that is mythical like Antifa.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's a good thing you didn't get the jab; according to ATS experts you turn magnetic and will be dead by Christmas. Take the test anyway!!
edit on 4-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

ACV kills bacteria in the stomach

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The last time I went to a "Doctor" she suggested that I should get myself injected with the experimental gene therapy, not for my health or anything medical like that, but to ensure that I would still be able to travel in the future.

They are in many ways a reflection of the general population. And to demonstrate that I will quote, in part, from the preface of the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

So then as now, the people, including "Doctors" blind themselves from the truth so long as the evils are sufferable.

And as your avatar notes, in concluding that self delusion and "waking" everyone up the one thing that must mean is? The worst is yet to come.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's a good thing you didn't get the jab; according to ATS experts you turn magnetic and will be dead by Christmas. Take the test anyway!!

I'm always amazed at totally untrue statements luke this.
Some have discussed possible nagnetism but it's a small minority. And the dead by Xmas is also a complete misunderstanding.

Here is what most of us think.
If you had the jab and didn't die straight away, your immune system is likely to go downhill as evidenced in a few papers.
Also fit adults die more often suddenly as can be observed by yourself if you watch sport. The jabs cause myocarditis in a hell of a lot of people.
This means more deaths in the jabbed in the future. Hiw long for, nobody knows.

A lot of us here on ATS also have relevant professional experience, we are not all scared little tinfoil hats.

Just saying. Why should op take a test that is akin to a coin toss? To uo the fake case numbers?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well let's be honest here.
You spend 5 minutes with the doctor and they make their best guess about your illness. There is no way possible for a doctor to know more about your body than you do.

I'll give a perfect example.
I applied for some life insurance last year and I needed a doctor to poke and prod me before signing off on the policy.

She ran a blood test on me to check all the numbers.
Well when I read her report she said it was obvious I needed to back off on my smoking because my co2 level was too high.....
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life and told the nurse that I wasn't a smoker.

I found a new doctor

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm always amazed at totally untrue statements luke this.
Some have discussed possible nagnetism but it's a small minority. And the dead by Xmas is also a complete misunderstanding.

Here is what most of us think.

Speak for yourself. No, "most of us" don't think that, but "most of us" do understand sarcasm.

But by all means turn to ATS for your medical needs instead of a doctor. That's obviously the most intelligent approach to take.
edit on 7/4/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join