It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U* UFO Database - Searchable Version Now Online

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Just hope when the cosmic ass-whooping comes there are some lifeboats with life jackets available!

We will be treated with the same mercy that we have shown
other species livging with us on Earth!

No one can dispute that wisdom, and also how we treated each other.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You could get into this for hours and like I said the maps are a good part of it. Though, I don’t get how to move around yet, like when one wants to quickly go from the first pages, let’s say in the earlier period to the modern era back and forth. But I’ll get it.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

...Though, I don’t get how to move around yet, like when one wants to quickly go from the first pages, let’s say in the earlier period to the modern era back and forth. But I’ll get it....

I've reformatted this slightly so the earliest dated cases appear from page 1 onwards. With the latest cases appearing on the last pages (which can be reserved using the sort arrows next to DATE in the header).

There are still a few discrepancies due to some dates in the original database being incomplete or unknown.

The SEARCH function is more of a filter than a true search function. So if you search 1999 then you would mainly see cases that occurred in 1999. But it will also filter on other fields that contain '1999'. Similarly, if you use a keyword like TURKEY then it will produce cases from the country TURKEY but also cases mentioning the word as well. If you try it, you'll see what I mean.
edit on 7/7/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I’ve now managed to publish a compacted searchable version online here :

The U* UFO Database

This is really awesome, S&F! Having followed the previous threads about preserving Larry's database, I'm glad you managed to provide this solution, thus saving his legacy for all of us to use and enjoy...

Playing around with it a bit, I entered the term "SUB" to filter all events involving submersed UFOs. Here goes an excerpt with some seemingly similar objects highlighted:

It's interesting that, over the course of a couple of years, a similar object seems to have been witnessed in a geographically somewhat related area. And this is from the pre-1947 era. There are just two different sources for the highlighted cases, but still, it shows how quickly one can identify possible correlations using a database like this.

Again, thanks for this great effort, MM! Your work is highly appreciated, as always!

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

It wouldn't have been possible without the earlier attempts at saving the data going back a decade ago. But for whatever reasons it has never been given a user friendly interface.

I've now added a script to make it responsive on mobile devices and also added over 2,500 fully sourced UK MOD UFO reports onto the site.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's also great, every additional resource is of course appreciated. Does that mean we can expect future updates with additional databases/catalogs?

I'm still hoping that someone might one day implement something like this, which would be a more visual database configuration. A visualization of the UI can be seen here.

Nonetheless, I think the revival of the Larry Hatch *U* Database is a fantastic accomplishment, providing some great tools for those interested in finding specific case details in the dataset.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

What is the date range for this database? Starting and ending dates.

EDIT: I found the answer in the CSV file. According to the date range it begins at 593 BC and ends in 2003.

Is it (or could it be) updatable to include more sighting reports so the database can grow?

Edited to ad date range
edit on 13-7-2022 by Type1338 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

...Is it (or could it be) updatable to include more sighting reports so the database can grow?

In short, no.

I believe the original DOS version did have a facility for updating new cases. Although there was no interconnectivity over the web. So it would remain unique to each user.

Here the only objective was to reconstruct the U* database in a more user friendly form than has been available in the past decade. All at no cost for hosting or for end users and with little to no maintenance.

Plus, sites like NUFORCalready offers a facility for reporting UFOs, which is well established. So in a way it would also be reinventing the wheel

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Does that mean we can expect future updates with additional databases/catalogs?

Maybe. But this all takes time.

I'm still hoping that someone might one day implement something like this, which would be a more visual database configuration. A visualization of the UI can be seen here. ...

I did look at using Google Maps to illustrate the U* Database visually. However, it's a tedious and laborious process when you have large numbers of records to display. Something like the Project Blue Book "unknowns" might be a more manageable task.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hey, I want to ask a question. Ik I can ask separately but It's urgent.
So I'm attempting to connect data using two selection criteria and an if else scenario. I have an exchange rate table (dbo.DATA EXCHANGE RATE), a year table (dbo.DATA EXCHANGE RATE.YEAR OBJ REF), and a currency table (dbo.DATA EXCHANGE RATE.CURRENCY OBJ REF). If the currency is Euro, I want to choose an exchange rate based just on currency, otherwise on year and currency. What I've got is

select dbo.DATA_EXCHANGE_RATE.EXCHANGE_RATE_CAPTION
from dbo.DATA_EXCHANGE_RATE
inner join dbo.measures
on(CASE WHEN dbo.measures.CURRECY_OBJ_REF =
(select DATA_ID from dbo.DATA_CURRENCY where CURRENCY_CAPTION = 'T-EUR')
THEN
dbo.DATA_EXCHANGE_RATE.CURRECY_OBJ_REF = dbo.measures.CURRECY_OBJ_REF
ELSE
dbo.DATA_EXCHANGE_RATE.YEAR_OBJ_REF = dbo.measures.YEAR_OBJ_REF
and dbo.DATA_EXCHANGE_RATE.CURRECY_OBJ_REF = dbo.measures.CURRECY_OBJ_REF
END)

However, this results in an error:

Failed!
Incorrect syntax near '='

Is there any problem with my join logic? Can a table in join dependency be reproduced by connecting numerous tables and each of these tables has a subset of the table's attributes?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mobo01

This is the wrong thread for SQL queries my friend.

Try the Computer Help Forums

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If anyone is still interested, I've added a few additional datatables to the U* UFO Database Site

* UK Ministry of Defence(with links to the original Mod files of over 2,700 cases).

* MUFON SIP/BAASS Reports - the 71 reports provided by MUFON to BAAS as part of the AAWSAP contract (in abbreviated form)

* Project Blue Book Unknowns 500+ cases from Blue Book's unknown cases (with map).

*Primebase UFO Database - 800+ casese from the British Isles.

Plus Larry Hatch's U* UFO Database of course.

It's still a work in progress. So any correction and suggestions are welcome.

edit on 15/11/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Would love to get my hands on data-export versions of these sighting databases. (CSV, JSON or XML). I'm a bit of a data-nerd and would love to do some analysis on the metadata (dates,times,locations etc)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

The Hatch U* UFO Database is available In full as both JSON and a CSV file .

NUFORC also hosts reports here : nuforc.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join