It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The question that hasn't been asked...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledgeThe rioters also made claims that were found not to be true. Floyd died at least mostly from an overdose. He had a history of violence. He sold drugs.
The official cause of death was cardiopulmonary arrest and no life threatening injuries were found. However, he was yelling for help. The neck restraint might have worsened the heart attack.
edit on 5-7-2022 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Yes, but did the Vikings colonise North America? I think they explored and then left.

And what about the copper mines in the great leaks area from the bronze age. Who discovered North America that time? They mined copper for Europe to make bronze then left.

History is full of things already discovered and lost. Each making a claim that was not true.

Don't forget the Bimini Road. It was found to be made of beach rock but review the construction of the Aztec causeways across Lake Texcoco. Had the Bimini road been somewhat similar, the fill in the middle could have mineralized in saltwater. And the "road" is said to be shaped like a Phoenecian dock and to be nearly identical in shape to a known ancient dock in the Mediterranean, and its builders could have inspired the design of the causeways.

The Phoenecians or perhaps the Barbary Coast may have had contact with the New World from antiquity or perhaps in the Middle Ages.

Suppose they trafficked something to the New World for gold. It seems the Ottoman invasion of Europe reached its peak roughly around the time the Spanish were confiscating South and Central America's gold and silver.
edit on 5-7-2022 by Solvedit because: added information

edit on 5-7-2022 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: jidnum
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Huh?

how does an unarmed man shoot at cops? Is that what the media is saying about that guy? That he was unarmed?

That's what the news said yesterday when I posted that, that his gun was left in the car and he ran away unarmed

Did the police pursuing him on foot...

a) know that the suspect had left his weapon in the car when the chase started?
b) know that the suspect was only carrying that single weapon?

Unfortunately, through his own actions, the suspect created a condition of fear and uncertainty with the LEOs after firing on them from his vehicle, then, when it came to a stop, jumping out (with his ski mask still covering his face) and running away.

Like the vast number of these encounters, it's 20/20 hindsight is a very appealing view to take, rather than consider what it's like, from the LEO point of view, in the moment where they're trying to subdue someone who'd been firing a gun at them.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

that's probably why Floyd said he was claustrophobic since a heart attack is probably a bit like being completely out of breath in that your chest hurts.

It is, but not because your chest hurts.

During a heart attack, one's blood pressure and heart rate drops drastically because the heart isn't getting enough oxygen (in my case, my left main cardiac artery was 100% clogged). My BP was in the 60/30 range and my pulse was running around 25 when the paramedics arrived; I had already passed out once. In most cases, the clog isn't 100%, but the effect is still the same: any drop in oxygen to the lungs means less oxygen in the blood that's flowing, which means even less oxygen to the heart.

That's the cause of my fatigue. My heart is damaged so I can barely pump enough blood to keep my muscles operable; any decrease at all from 95-100% SpO2, even the slight decrease from wearing a face mask, and I collapse because what little blood flow I have left is also not fully oxygenated.

Heart attacks suck. Trust me. Eight so far, and counting.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneckHeart attacks suck. Trust me. Eight so far, and counting.

edit on 5-7-2022 by Solvedit because: Deleted post

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

oh look, a black person, must be a drug dealer
oh look, a white person, must be a goodie goodie churchgoing racist
oh look, an Arabian looking guy, must be a terrorist
oh look, a gypsy, must be a damn thief!

Hate to burst your bubble,but the rest of the world doesn't generally think like that any more. Thanks for letting us all know how you roll, though. Nice to know who to avoid.

TheRedneck

You think you know anything about me from that tiny list I made?
Well let me burst your bubble, I am in that list and it is EXACTLY how most people still think! A lot probably wont admit it out loud but the prejudices are still there, baked in from generation to generation.
no, correction, a lot of the younger generations are opposing any form of discrimination, to bad it is still a minority that thinks that way

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You think you know anything about me from that tiny list I made?

I know you expect racism.

Well let me burst your bubble, I am in that list and it is EXACTLY how most people still think!

Then I suggest you move.

Here in the Deep South, that is not how most people think. We've moved past that backwards attitude. To the point that it bothers us when people claim we haven't. So where is this magical place that is more racist than the Deep South? We'd really like to send the few racists still in our midst there.

Of course, that's assuming you know what racism is. Maybe you do, but most people I meet on here who make that kind of claim have no idea.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I know you expect racism.
Then I suggest you move.

Here in the Deep South, that is not how most people think. We've moved past that backwards attitude. To the point that it bothers us when people claim we haven't. So where is this magical place that is more racist than the Deep South? We'd really like to send the few racists still in our midst there.

Of course, that's assuming you know what racism is. Maybe you do, but most people I meet on here who make that kind of claim have no idea.

TheRedneck

The magic place I live in is Belgium, Europe. You say you are in the deep south, I assume you mean US? I can't imagine the difference is that big but what do I know, I've never left Europe.
Racism and Ethnic profiling is very much alive over here, especially with the older generations. The refugee crisis only made it worse. People are still stereotyping.
I work in a store so I talk to hundreds of people, most of them will say that they are not racist, but once you get into a conversation, sooner or later the stereotypical thinking becomes obvious. Things I hear often: "I don't like going into the city because it feels like you're not in Belgium anymore", "did you hear they broke into that home? I'll bet it where Polish/Turkish/Romanians/black " Or whenever the African lady walks into my store (good customer btw) someone else will tell me "keep your eye on her! Her kind will steal everything that is loose!"
The girl who works at my hairdresser was outed as a Nazi sympathizer last year. She spends her Sundays putting flowers on the graves of SS soldiers. Did she loose any customers? Not one! Ppl don't seem to mind, or care.

My skin is white, so I wouldn't know how skin color-based racism feels like. When I grew up however, my nickname seemed to be 'bohemian scum'. I can easily hide my ethnic background, haven't told anyone new in 15 years. With two exceptions, and sooner or later they both used it against me: "gypsy b-*tch! You're scamming me", etc... I don't care when people get angry with me, but the prejudices they have and the name calling feel like a knife though the hart.

So, yes I expect racism. So do most colored people and in return you get: more racism.
From where I stand it is very much alive and I don't see it go away any time soon.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The magic place I live in is Belgium, Europe. You say you are in the deep south, I assume you mean US? I can't imagine the difference is that big but what do I know, I've never left Europe.

Belgium? Cool!

Yes, I am in Alabama, aka the "Heart of Dixie," in the Deep South of the US. We have been called racists all my life... and at one time it was accurate. Like you, I have seen the prejudice when it was widespread here. The reason I am a bit sensitive about the issue is that people here are still called racist, when in fact it is now the areas calling us that where racism abounds.

I drove a truck OTR for a long while. One of my "normal" stops was in Bordentown, New Jersey. It has two huge truck stops, so plenty of parking, all the necessary amenities, and is close enough to the New England states to make a good staging point (it's almost impossible to find truck parking in New England). CBs are still a thing, and often I used to turn mine on to see what might be going on. OI stopped that because the absolute filth I heard coming out of that speaker was so despicable, so disgusting, it would make a person sick! Pure racist hatred, the "n" word repeated over and over, sick jokes about slavery and stereotypes... and not a one of those voices spewing this filth had a Southern accent! They all were Yankees!

New England, USA, is the most racist place I have ever been. But talk to anyone up there, and they'll put down the South for being so "racist."

So there's a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

I know nothing about Europe, but I am shocked to hear your report. I never imagined things were so bad there! I always assumed that Europe, being older than the US, was also more civilized. Apparently not.

I don't care who anyone is, what color their skin is, where they came from... I care about one thing and only one thing: what kind of person are they? Are they honest, or are they thieves? Are they violent or peaceful? Are they selfish or generous? Anything to do with genetics is irrelevant... including your gypsy heritage.

I did not realize you were in Europe; your statement sounded so much like those I have heard from Yankees, I made a bad assumption. My apologies for that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Belgium? Cool!

Yes, I am in Alabama, aka the "Heart of Dixie," in the Deep South of the US. We have been called racists all my life... and at one time it was accurate. Like you, I have seen the prejudice when it was widespread here. The reason I am a bit sensitive about the issue is that people here are still called racist, when in fact it is now the areas calling us that where racism abounds.

I drove a truck OTR for a long while. One of my "normal" stops was in Bordentown, New Jersey. It has two huge truck stops, so plenty of parking, all the necessary amenities, and is close enough to the New England states to make a good staging point (it's almost impossible to find truck parking in New England). CBs are still a thing, and often I used to turn mine on to see what might be going on. OI stopped that because the absolute filth I heard coming out of that speaker was so despicable, so disgusting, it would make a person sick! Pure racist hatred, the "n" word repeated over and over, sick jokes about slavery and stereotypes... and not a one of those voices spewing this filth had a Southern accent! They all were Yankees!

New England, USA, is the most racist place I have ever been. But talk to anyone up there, and they'll put down the South for being so "racist."

So there's a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

I know nothing about Europe, but I am shocked to hear your report. I never imagined things were so bad there! I always assumed that Europe, being older than the US, was also more civilized. Apparently not.

I don't care who anyone is, what color their skin is, where they came from... I care about one thing and only one thing: what kind of person are they? Are they honest, or are they thieves? Are they violent or peaceful? Are they selfish or generous? Anything to do with genetics is irrelevant... including your gypsy heritage.

I did not realize you were in Europe; your statement sounded so much like those I have heard from Yankees, I made a bad assumption. My apologies for that.

TheRedneck

No need to apologize, after reading your post I understand where you are coming from.
I guess I make assumptions as well. The OP's topic for example, in my mind the policemen who made the arrest are racist because almost all policemen I know personal are indeed racists. I had to sit at a table with them and have dinner just two weeks ago and every time I am shocked of what comes out when they open their mouths...
I am aware that not every police man or women is racist though...

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
The fact that he did a home invasion is enough for me to be happy he is dead.I don't really care about his drug use.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 02:11 AM
link   
yeah I'm down with that cobba, well said sir
a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
and I say this to you Redneck that you just proved and painted a picture of who you essentially are.
if you lived in Australia I'd have bought you a beer or 10 and also put you under my protection as you as I have discerned the fact that you are who and what you are ie constantl and consistant a rare thing these days.
I am andy freek

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: imdfreek

There was a time when I really want to see Aussie-land. Even planned out a few trips, checked prices, etc. Then the world flipped upside down and now, I honestly believe I would be arrested before I got off the tarmac for something or other if I tried to go there. I probably breathe illegally.

Maybe Central America some day... would love the rain forest. But Australia is now highly doubtful.

But thank you for the compliment! If you ever make it to Alabama, let me know.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join