It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanda Sykes Mocks Middle America,Then She Gets Ripped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Stephen Colbert & Wanda Sykes insulted Middle America as uneducated over Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

Its a shame that Stephen Colbert has gotten into insulting the majority of the red states that are important and play role to for the economy on a wider scale.

I can see how great New York and the status of New York city it is in currently in the current times.
With the rising costs of living and most expensive homes that most arent able to rent or mortgage if you dont have millions.

Stephen Colbert & Wanda dont seem to mind if the prices of gas or food are high.
Wanda Sykes Mocks Middle America After SCOTUS Overturns Roe: ‘Those States In The Middle. That Red Stuff.’ Then She Gets Ripped.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My fav was last week when Colbert had AOC on, and she went on this tirade about history and she was dead wrong about all of it, and the timing as well

It was Abraham Lincoln history , something we all learned in middle school

These people are complete morons

Start at 8 min in and listen to this absolute drivel, the fact shes so convinced shes right just speaks to the stupidity of these smooth brains

AOC doesnt know history

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: optimisticcontrarian

The world thinks all of us are morons for electing people like AOC, Maxine Waters and Joe biden.

edit on 7/4/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Not sure how ripping on middle red states is going to turn people to their perspective.

Honestly hope we can find some middle ground with row v wade and move on.

This is an example of a rich celebrity living in their bubble and thinking everywhere is like new york or california

All in all, it doesnt matter. Late night shows are pretty tame and boring. Not news worthy IMO

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

F these people.
It just goes to show even people with an IQ of 50 or less can get rich and be a celebrity in this country.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

F these people.
It just goes to show even people with an IQ of 50 or less can get rich and be a celebrity in this country.

Should I be embarrassed to say I don't know who Wanda Sykes is and don't care? Is she Colbert's side-kick, like that hot babe was for Howard Stern, back in the day?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Love Wanda Sykes. She's very funny.

She's entitled to an opinion also. And did I mention she's a comedian?

Another outrage that isn't. LOL!

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
She does know abortion is still legal in California and New York; right? That the middle stuff haven't told Californians nor New Yorkers what to do?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Should I be embarrassed to say I don't know who Wanda Sykes is and don't care? Is she Colbert's side-kick, like that hot babe was for Howard Stern, back in the day?

You ever come across a fresh streaming pile of dog poop on a hot sidewalk on a sunny day?

Yeah, that's Wanna Sykes. She part of this generating of foul-mouthed, foul-attitude losers that some people call comedians.

The art of comedy has gone the way of pretty much every other form of cultural expression; that is too say, down the toilet.

You ain't missed nothin'.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They all talk a big game about how uncosmopolitan we are and how we don't know anything about anywhere else, but they expose their ignorance of us every time they open their big, fat mouths. It's pretty clear they don't know what they don't know.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's some information regarding the Dailywire:

Accuracy
According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified", including an incorrect report on baby names in the Netherlands,[9] a misdated, exaggerated story that protesters were digging up Confederate graves,[47] a false allegation that Democratic congresspeople had refused to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL's widow,[48] and a report that Harvard University was segregating commencement ceremonies (because black students had planned an optional event).[49] The credibility checker NewsGuard assessed in 2021 that The Daily Wire "has sometimes misstated facts, especially about COVID-19" and "generally maintains basic standards of credibility and transparency — with significant exceptions".[12]

Various articles by The Daily Wire have engaged in climate change denial by making false or misleading claims when they dispute the scientific consensus on climate change.[50][51][52][53][8] In 2017, when scientists writing in Climate Feedback described several Daily Wire articles as inaccurate or lacking evidence,[50][51][52] The Daily Wire published corrections in two articles, after which the scientists assessed that the updated articles were still misleading.[54][11] In November 2021, a study by the Center for Countering Digital Hate described The Daily Wire as being among "ten fringe publishers" that together were responsible for nearly 70 percent of Facebook user interactions with content that denied climate change. Facebook said the percentage was overstated and called the study misleading.[10][16]

The "Coronavirus Misinformation Weekly Briefing" by academics of the Oxford Internet Institute described The Daily Wire's coverage of COVID-19 lockdowns and the World Health Organization as examples of "junk health news" narratives in 2020.[55][56]

The Daily Wire incorrectly credited the Housing and Urban Development secretary, Ben Carson, with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org reported that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.[57]

So I'd take what they say with a grain of salt. I don't believe the article referenced in the OP. Everywhere else I'm reading about the Wanda Sykes comments, people really enjoyed them. I'd trust Stephen Colbert and Wanda Sykes more than I would some site like the Dailywire.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have known about Wanda for Years . She is Racist Against White People . CONFIRMED .

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I enjoy seeing people dumber than me talking as if they're smarter than me.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

"According to Snopes"

Well that shot your credibility in the foot right there.

As to everyone enjoying Sykes comments. Well of course, the people who go to see here are as bigoted against flyover as most everyone else on the coasts and the late night audiences are going to be comprised mainly of people who think they know things they don't and would applaud this kind of take from her and Colbert.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: optimisticcontrarian

It was Abraham Lincoln history , something we all learned in middle school

maybe someone should educate aoc about how lincoln was a racist and only used freeing the slaves as a tool to stop the south from succeeding. he also wanted to send as many black folks back as he could to africa, south america and other places besides Liberia he even had to rescue a boat load of freed slaves that got stranded on a island near haiti, when the whole thing went to sh@@.

The colony fell into virtual abandonment by early October, although numerous conflicting accounts from the island left Washington uncertain about the fate of the settlers. Likely prodded by the president after months of inattention, Usher appointed his old law partner D.C. Donnohue as special agent to investigate the site for the government. Finding the settlers still clothed in the same ragged surplus Union army uniforms that had been given to them at their departure from Fortress Monroe, Donnohue proceeded to oversee a relief expedition to carry survivors back to the United States. All said, of the initial 453 named colonists some 292 remained on Vache and an additional 73 had fled to the Haitian mainland. The remainder succumbed to disease and starvation.

The Île à Vache: From Hope to Disaster

no lincoln wasn't the great man people want to make him out to be.

edit on 4-7-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Here's some information regarding the Dailywire:

Accuracy
According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context",

Welcome to all reporting these days Snopes .... including your own.

top topics

join