It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have accepted I will be single the rest of my days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
But at times it's still hard, and I just feel frustrated and lonely.
Off course , as I have accepted this, it means I am used to being single.
But I'm still human , and as I have decades to go it's hard.

It's annoying because for the longest time I was fine with being single, and totally in acceptance, and now suddenly it's a problem again .
I'm just longing for some human contact , or just a text .
When there's been nothing for so long , anything makes a huge difference

Please no messages that tell me to 'love myself first or nobody will' , or 'we are all born alone and die alone' or ' your time will come'
etc etc . Heard them all before.
Usually it's people that have no idea what being single , practically your whole life , does to you.

I've looked at weighted cuddle blankets, but as I'm in Florida those are no good.
It doesn't help with so few family and friends.
I will get pets soon , but for now I'm here again playing roblox all evening, my only 'social interaction'.

bet you all feel eager to message me after this pity party

No need. it was just a rant , better than always talking to myself

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Do what you love.

Love what you do.

Mates will follow.

/shrug

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There's no shame in spending time alone. I've had PLENTY of days where it was only me, myself and I. Today being one of them! Not everyone is made to have 500 friends. Do whatever makes you happy, you'll find someone eventually, just don't give up hope! Try a dating app, there's someone out there for everyone.
edit on 3-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe you're exactly where you need to be. Maybe you have a task to attend to that's more important than personal happiness. Maybe the problem is not that you're alone but that you waste your time instead of working on figuring out what you were supposed to do.
The only love spiritual people should have is agape. And it's not meant to be easy, because easy equals meaningless.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I understand where you're at....my wife died 12 1/2 years ago....kids and grandkids are not nearby. I just try and keep as busy as I can......prepping, shooting, riding my motorcycle.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I used to have a really hard time relating to others when I was in school. I was determined to find out why, which took a looong time. It's easier now to get the answers to anything we want to know with the internet at our fingertips. lol
Here's a pretty good article on what kind of personality people gravitate to.

Irresistible people did not have fairy godmothers hovering over their cribs. They've simply perfected certain appealing qualities and habits that anyone can adopt as his or her own.

They think about other people more than they think about themselves, and they make other people feel liked, respected, understood, and seen. Just remember: The more you focus on others, the more irresistible you'll be.

[www.inc.com...]

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It’s tough to be alone. Especially around holidays.

I’ve known people that were alone a long time, then things changed for them. We all need human contact, even those that deny it.

The only advice I would give, is to change your routine. Somewhere out there, you’re “soul mate” is saying the same things you are, and feeling the same way. Go to a music venue, lame things like local festivals, or events. Get your self out there cuz nobody’s going to show up at your door. Actually I can’t really say that, as it does happen here and there.

I’m sure you get what I mean. Opposites attract they say. Get out of your comfort zone. Go fishing maybe?
No matter what, never give up hope.

Good luck, and I will pray for you.

Edit: get a pup, I love mine deeply. Dogs will offer unconditional love if you treat them respect, ( and feed them once in a while). They can never take the place of a human, but they can help you get over the hard parts. Oh, if you do get a pup check out the “ Westie “. Small, courageous and very loving.
edit on CDT2022p2022-07-03T22:35:32-05:00Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:35:32 -0500pmf31 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Me younger " I will never get married."
6 months later : "What just happened?"
44 years later.....

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I never thought I would be, but since I won't take this mutagenic transfection disguised as an innoculation, and don't want to have close relations with someone that has....well, I guess I'm fine with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Doing it now, don't regret it. Buddhist monks are also single you know? Read the Journey to the West book, it might help you relieve your stress on being single. It gets rid of a heavy burden of trying to have kids or pay for woman. If anything get an animal. They are your friends.

Just know that the Creator is watching and protecting if you accept. You are not always alone. We all came from the ashes of the Universe.
edit on 3-7-2022 by arcticscouthunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
I never thought I would be, but since I won't take this mutagenic transfection disguised as an innoculation, and don't want to have close relations with someone that has....well, I guess I'm fine with it.
Are you talking about the 'vaccine'? Yes, I can't interact with 'vaccinated' either, they're practically alien to me (and not in a good way).
Not talking about those who were forced because they'd be out of work and homeless (that's criminal blackmail)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76
There's no shame in spending time alone. I've had PLENTY of days where it was only me, myself and I. Today being one of them! Not everyone is made to have 500 friends. Do whatever makes you happy, you'll find someone eventually, just don't give up hope! Try a dating app, there's someone out there for everyone.
Thank you, I've 'been there, done that' with the dating apps. It's a young perfect looking crowd meat market .

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Maybe you're exactly where you need to be. Maybe you have a task to attend to that's more important than personal happiness. Maybe the problem is not that you're alone but that you waste your time instead of working on figuring out what you were supposed to do.
The only love spiritual people should have is agape. And it's not meant to be easy, because easy equals meaningless.
Thanks , I do love being alone (like 90-95% of my time) , so I'm pretty well in tune with my inner world.
My life is certainly not 'easy' , but thanks for your feedback

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I used to have a really hard time relating to others when I was in school. I was determined to find out why, which took a looong time. It's easier now to get the answers to anything we want to know with the internet at our fingertips. lol
Here's a pretty good article on what kind of personality people gravitate to.

Irresistible people did not have fairy godmothers hovering over their cribs. They've simply perfected certain appealing qualities and habits that anyone can adopt as his or her own.

They think about other people more than they think about themselves, and they make other people feel liked, respected, understood, and seen. Just remember: The more you focus on others, the more irresistible you'll be.

[www.inc.com...]

I definitely focus on others more than myself, that's not the issue , at least people I know well. Strangers , less so , than I'm very trying to 'zone people out' actually, a social anxiety coping thing.

I don't expect to be irresistible ever, just better than a weird outsider would be wonderful at this point

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

It’s tough to be alone. Especially around holidays.

I’ve known people that were alone a long time, then things changed for them. We all need human contact, even those that deny it.

The only advice I would give, is to change your routine. Somewhere out there, you’re “soul mate” is saying the same things you are, and feeling the same way. Go to a music venue, lame things like local festivals, or events. Get your self out there cuz nobody’s going to show up at your door. Actually I can’t really say that, as it does happen here and there.

I’m sure you get what I mean. Opposites attract they say. Get out of your comfort zone. Go fishing maybe?
No matter what, never give up hope.

Good luck, and I will pray for you.

Edit: get a pup, I love mine deeply. Dogs will offer unconditional love if you treat them respect, ( and feed them once in a while). They can never take the place of a human, but they can help you get over the hard parts. Oh, if you do get a pup check out the “ Westie “. Small, courageous and very loving.

Thank you. I would love to go horseback riding, but it's expensive , and scary to start alone. Under normal circumstances, especially with anxiety added to the mix. I will see.
I will get fancy rats soon, love those little guys

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticscouthunter
Doing it now, don't regret it. Buddhist monks are also single you know? Read the Journey to the West book, it might help you relieve your stress on being single. It gets rid of a heavy burden of trying to have kids or pay for woman. If anything get an animal. They are your friends.

Just know that the Creator is watching and protecting if you accept. You are not always alone. We all came from the ashes of the Universe.
Thanks , that is very true.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am also alone, someone wants to be with me at the moment, but I do not trust humans anymore.

I was ghosted by a partner from a 12 year relationship, and I just can't bring myself to invest in another person anymore.

Better off Alone isn't just a song lyric. There are real terrible people out there, that will let you crumble if you let them in. Being alone may feel bad, but having someone that you think loves you, rug pull you, is far worse.

I would prefer to just be alone if I could time machine it.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Get a cat.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In Australia they have what is called meals on wheels to deliver food to people that haven't the means to go shopping (elderly etc). I volunteer two days a week delivering meals to people. Spending a couple hours with people that are longing to chat with anyone. I find the rewards bigger than the effort. Learning wisdom from people with up to 10 decades of experience.

In another job I am a school crossing guard. I find very rewarding as well. Its not only the children but also the parents that can light up my day. A smile to a lonely person echo's back 10 fold. Giving is certainly receiving.

There may be physical and economical reason that limit your horizons but surely there must be small steps you can take to improve your situation.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

well are you average looking for a female? You should try for older people because they are more open because they been there done that and got the t shirt. I been single 43 yrs so far. I have someone Im interested in but shes married,and i wont screw up her happiness,not after i saved her arse from suicide.

I myself look average. im 5'5-to 5'7,and cannot walk long distances without something to hold onto.wear glasses too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join