It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do I generate gaming discussion without being hated on here? We don't want Biden 24/7.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You're on the wrong website for serious information/discussion(s) on and or about video games.

..I logged in specifically to leave this comment.

Try a video game forum(s) perhaps.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

You are not hated.

People can be impatient and if they do not understand something they can even sometimes be rude, if they understood they may be more considerate but not everyone does understand.

Just go on being you.

An idea would be to mention the gaming platform you want to talk about, be it a Nintendo as you mention on occasion or PC of a console of some other variety OR just a general genre of game such as platformers, puzzle games, adventures, first person exploration etc.

But don't be upset if you get some rudeness from time to time, we ALL do get some and we often disagree with one another as well.

But this is a Conspiracy site, if you want to communicate about Games there are a lot of dedicated gaming sites out there that may be better suited to the thing's you want to discuss, I personally do not know any but there are some that may give you some decent recommendations.

And emp99 makes a perfect point there.

(this site is more for other kinds of discussion though we do sometimes talk about games on some parts of the forum, they are a very small niche area of the site though and it is not a gaming website)

edit on 3-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Theres a lot of lore people that ONLY speak on YT for some reason.Monster Maze/Zet Link,Hyrule Gamer, Nerd Of The Rings gets heavily into Tolkien Lore running deep beyond what we see in the movies or even books!

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: emp89

Most video game forums are ran by bots or kids whom can't understand behind 'Yeah bro!' type comments. I want to post my concerns and hopes for Nintendo and the gaming community as a whole but can't because of XYZ labels everywhere. Eventuall you get locked out of discussion if you don't fall into some camp.
edit on 4-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

What do you think of Pac Man World (original) and the new remake Pac Roll or something like that which just got announced? It appears to be more then just a 1:1 remake unlike SSHD which all they did was make it so you don't have to use the motion controls only and the ability to turn off Fye.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I like to watch Monster Maze and his discussion of different dungeon/game mechanics such as this:
videos are not usually too long. I've discovered as a reule if they go beyond 15 mins they usually are ramblers and repeat a lot. Monster Maze usually gets to the point and has good video in the background that matches what he talks about. He doesn't post as often as others so that may be why.

His actual latest video is this:

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Lord of the Rings (Nerd of the Rings) gets into Tolkien Lore like this:

Yes an 8 min video about the history of Grond the battering ram seen in the final battle. It has interesting origins. I don't think I can ever unsee this!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Men Of The West gets more into actual moral questions:
where as Nerd of the Rings follows character's lives and the paths that crossed:

Such as this one about Eowyn. "She was known as The Lady Of The Shield Arm"
Hopefully it shows up this time but I think the creator might have disabled linking of the video?
edit on 4-7-2022 by SortingHat because: Creator disable linking of the video.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Most of the older members don't like anybody so I wouldn't take it personally. Usually the old standards of respect and decorum are upheld, I'd say stay away from politics if you feel otherwise about that but ya know, theory Vs reality.

A different angle on things is refreshing and so is different material! I've loved gaming since a kid and I'll probably pop into your threads even if it's just to star and post. I've actually gotten some good heads up here at ATS at times on up and comers, re-releases and freebies so we definitely have a bunch of gamers here. Some are old school, some are just old!

I like mindless shooters and skill based games, flyers, simulators and the likes but my real love will always be strategy games. I'm more into reflective realism than aesthetics for instance I can't play cod these days but Sniper Elite 5 on harder settings recently blew my brains away.

Stick around and welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I watch those guys off and on too, but that's not necessarily gaming stuff although fascinating to think about. It would be gaming lore only indirectly unless the games which I freely admit I don't play get a lot more lore heavy than I think.
edit on 4-7-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Email Nintendo.
Lmk the response..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join