It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Stocks Down, Bonds Down, Treasuries Down, Gold Down, Crypto Down, Real Estate Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So, EVERYTHING is down. Where are people putting their investment money? Hell, even commodities are down!

Commodity Prices Are Dropping. Why That’s a Recession Red Flag.

www.barrons.com...

Rout in Bond Markets Is So Severe That Double-Digit Losses Are the Norm

www.bloomberg.com...

Bonds in line for worst year in decades

www.reuters.com...

U.S. Treasuries down 11%, set for worst year since at least 1973

Redfin’s chief economist says the housing market correction has begun—and things are going to get worse before they get better

fortune.com...

So, what are people doing? Is everyone just converting and hoarding cash? I have to admit, I am a bit confused when precious metals are taking a dump in an environment like this. I don't get it.

I assume everyone is liquidating to buy physical goods or maybe pay off debt?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
So, EVERYTHING is down.

No, no, not everything is going down. Prices for everything are going way up. Oh, wait....

When prices for everyday things go up, all investments go down because there is no money left to invest.
edit on 7 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I've upped my stock purchases.

Buy buy buy

I won't retire for another 8 years.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
food

Steaks, chops, shrimp, lobsters, fish, shell fish nuts, berries, vegetables.

Im drying a bulk of onions and making fresh tomato marinara to freeze right now.

Precious metals have a proven track record for thousands of years. They will always retain some value. I bought these for $5- $15 a piece. I haven't lost any value.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I thought most people were just converting their cash into gas and food.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I thought most people were just converting their cash into gas and food.

That's what I'm doing. As a retiree on a fixed income, it's all I can do to keep up on gas and food prices. Both have risen significantly, and I have had to tweak my budget because of it. As it is, I won't be doing any more traveling for at least a year, perhaps more.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Where'd all those stimulus checks go? Sucked to the very top through trickle up economics. The middle class is screwed, what little of it is left that is.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Have some gold and silver on hand. Have a good store of non-perishable food (this is just common sense no matter where you live, could be end of the world, or maybe just a hurricane rolls through, or in my case, a snow storm that buried everyone for a week)

With all that said and done, right now would be a great time to start buying stocks/crypto and DCA as it is bear markets where the next millionaires are made.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I’ve been hoarding pencils for years, I think the time is right to start selling them…

Brother can you spare a dime?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Short the living sh!t out of airline stocks.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

S & F

Myself and friends have been racking our brains on what to invest in — when me know the world’s economy is going to sh!t.

You’d think food supplies. But with all the factories being systematically shut down, that’s a gamble too.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

In the USA.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Invest in yourself, it always pays.

Learn new skills. Share the fruits of your efforts with others doing the same; expand and diversify your non-tangible "portfolio".

As it is said, "Always pay yourself, first."

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

People are still putting their money in the same place the value of their money is just decreasing along with the value of the companies and properties they own.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Invest in yourself, it always pays.

Learn new skills. Share the fruits of your efforts with others doing the same; expand and diversify your non-tangible "portfolio".

As it is said, "Always pay yourself, first."

I recommend learning survival skills and basic martial arts skills.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm turning cash in for livestock.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They got our house valued at over two hundred ninety grand on the net.....someone is crazy, our house is not worth that much. Take away the realtor fees and closing costs...to find out what you actually get....that is even way to high in this area. In reality, our house is not worth over two hundred thousand...but I guess nothing is real in the world that has now been created. The book on our 2020 Subaru Forester with eleven thousand miles on it is more than we paid for it....that is crazy, we had it for two and a half years.

Nothing makes sense. one thing about our house, it is priceless....we will never sell it, it goes to one of my daughters or one of my grandkids and I am going to put in something that states they cannot sell it to anyone not related and the max price they can get is like twenty five grand.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am going to put in something that states they cannot sell it to anyone not related and the max price they can get is like twenty five grand.

Wow is that legal? That’s a great idea but will it stand up to heirs?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I assume everyone is liquidating to buy physical goods or maybe pay off debt

Paying off debt is crucial. Holding large amounts of debt in a recession will literally grind you down to dust.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join