It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 4th July. . we beat up Britain . . Independence Day. . . .America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm trying to take some time off. Rest a bit. Been moving, new house, working hard, paying more for everything.

We're eating dry toast found in a dumpster this 4th. Thanks Brandon.

But I also think it's time to reflect and remember that the US of A used to be a bastion of freedom and one day may become one again.

We can take satisfaction that King George III got so annoyed with us that he decided to wash his hands of us unwashed heathen.

So whatever soup kitchen you're dining at or street corner you're begging from, take the time to thank Brandon but remember that we used to be much more free AND annoying.

MURKA!

#WE'RENUMBER2

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OMG, laughing so hard! Your posts are certainly entertaining! No matter what political persuasion, we Americans are hopefully united on Independence Day, at least a little.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
You might like to know how this event is described in "1066 and all that" (which is a famous parody of schoolbook history);

Chapter 44; The Boston Tea-Party

One day when Goerge III was insane he heard that the Americans never had afternoon tea. This made him very obstinate and he invited them all to a compulsory tea-party at Boston; the Americans, however, started by pouring the tea into Boston harbour and went on pouring things into Boston Harbour until they were quite Independent, thus causing the United States. These were also partly caused by Dick Washington who defeated the English at Bunker's Hill ("with his little mashie", as he told his father afterwards).

The War with the Americans is memorable as being the only war in which the English were ever defeated, and it was unfair because the Americans had The Allies on their side. In some ways the war was really a draw, since England remained top nation and had the Allies afterwards, while the Americans, in memory of George III's madness, still refuse to drink tea and go on pouring anything the English send them into Boston Harbour.

After this the Americans made Wittington President and gave up speaking English and became U.S.A. and Columbia and 100% etc. This was a Good Thing in the end, as it was the cause of the British Empire, but it prevented the Americans from having any more History.

edit on 3-7-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I am on the gasoline diet now.
If I lose 25lbs, I might be able to squeeze another 1/10th of a mile per gallon of gas in my Jeep.
Used to be about $45 to fill it but now it’s like $90+
Thanks Brandon
edit on 3-7-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
July should be designated a Freedom Month with displays of patriotism and real pride reflective of strong values and moral behaviors.
To me that's actually something to celebrate versus lower base sexual depravity.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

#WE'RENUMBER2
Who's #1?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

#WE'RENUMBER2
Who's #1?

*shrugs*

China?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Happy Fourth, DBC!

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
July should be designated a Freedom Month with displays of patriotism and real pride reflective of strong values and moral behaviors.
To me that's actually something to celebrate versus lower base sexual depravity.

Who is going to designate that now?
We would have to wait for a president that doesn’t hate America like Biden does to designate something like that.
In the meantime, we are stuck having to celebrate Drag Queen month and Show Us Your Abortion Pride month.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

edit on 3-7-2022 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2022 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hopefully, the Queen Mother will do an inspiring speech like she did one Christmas

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
On a technical note; She's not the Queen Mother. Her mother was the Queen Mother.

Here they are walking into a funeral service, Queen in front;

edit on 3-7-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If you ask really really nicely DB , The queen of England will take you back to her bosom [ the smell of wee is gone honest ] and princess Megan will be stood down

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

If you ask really really nicely DB , The queen of England will take you back to her bosom [ the smell of wee is gone honest ] and princess Megan will be stood down

I've offered to write an apology and even suggested a fruit basket. One of the nice ones.

With strawberries.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

We can take satisfaction that King George III got so annoyed with us that he decided to wash his hands of us unwashed heathen.

The '4th of July' is My favorite holiday for sure .

It's the day that 'Free Masons' should be celebrated , There would be no USA with out the Intelligence and Fraternal Bond of ' Free Masons' and yet most kids graduate High School with out having a clue what ' Free Masonry ' is .

It is sewn into the very fabric of this Country , READ A BOOK !! .

Happy 4th

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I've offered to write an apology and even suggested a fruit basket. One of the nice ones.

With strawberries.

Just a hunch, but I think you'd have better luck with a cheese basket.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

It's the day that 'Free Masons' should be celebrated , There would be no USA with out the Intelligence and Fraternal Bond of ' Free Masons' and yet most kids graduate High School with out having a clue what ' Free Masonry ' is .
I'll admit it wasn't until a couple years after I graduated, the first time I recall hearing anything about them.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
Fruit is fine, but wait until after Wimbledon, when the price of strawberries goes back to normal.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Strawberries are her favourite expect a letter in the mail to the garden party , they will make you a Knight or something

Sir DB arise

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join