It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent warning to gardeners as soil ‘increases risk of killer heart disease’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I didn't read this thread until now, because the title alone made me think 'what kind of bs...'
Anyway, everything that came to mind is already been said here by other.

I know/knew a lot of gardeners, older generations, growing their own food all their lives, having an amazing immune system and became over 90 years old. The germs in uncontaminated soil is good for something, being in open air several hours a day is good for something, gardening is relaxing and fulfilling, home grown food is much tastier and healthier. Collecting your own seeds secures your food supply for the future.

Just stay away from using chemicals.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

What about the pregnant woman that crave and have ended up eating the stuff throughout history?

Or the farmers?

Might depend on the soil all the same but im calling bullcrap.

After all, we come from the Earth and return to such and have done for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Topcraft
a reply to: olaru12

Hydro works fantastic for weed, but if you use it for vegetables, to me they taste like crap. I did try this as an experiment with tomato’s. Artificial light, and chemically amended water do nothing for flavor, unless it’s weed.

You must be new...

Talking about drugs is totally forbidden on ATS ala the T&Cs; Thus my avoidance of mentioning the crops. Euphemisms are explanations enough unless you are a total noob.

So shoot me, maybe I’m talking about rag weed. I said nothing about drugs.

Yeah, rag weed is what most people are talking about when they mention "weed" ....eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Look, we both know your initial response to me isn’t about this post.

I was discussing the fact that tomato’s grown by hydroponics do not taste anywhere near as good as those grown by traditional means, and that I experimented. I used “Deep Water Culture” under artificial light indoors to accomplish this.

The results were that I grew beautiful tomato’s that were devoid of flavor. I don’t really care what crop you grow, or what you think a “weed” is. This OP is about contaminated soil, using chemicals, and how it relates to growing food, my intent was not to discuss drugs.

Since I have offended you by using the word “weed” I strongly urge you to report this to the mods, as I did use the word twice in this post. Knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED!!!!!!

THERE!

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: Topcraft

WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED!!!!!!

THERE!

AAAARRG, stop please!

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: incoserv

I’ve been a long time gardener, let me tell you this is not new.

There have been a few deaths from people inhaling too much potting soil while starting seedlings. There is a bacteria that can be deadly.
There is definitely a risk. It’s not funny and it’s not like people are sniffing it, the soil has a tendency to go airborne.

Back in the old days it was considered unhealthy to live deep in the forest because of the effects on your lungs. The soil carried bacteria and mold and the air was thick. From what I remember it was actually healthy short term, but long term could cause lung damage.

I would highly highly suggest anyone working with light soil like peat moss to wear a mask.
I do and have well before covid.

Also with all the chemtrails these days, who knows what is in the soil.
Sort of like how some folks thing smoking is good for you and others think it’s terrible?

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow. Another lie to control the masses and deter them from growing their own food.

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes the farmers, wouldn't all the farmers be affected as well soil is soil

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join