It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 30 year wedding anniversary today 7/2/1992

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi everyone. 30 years ago today, my hubby and I got married at our local county courthouse. It was, bar none, the happiest day of my life. So much has happened in the last 30 years. My hubby has had quadruple heart bypass surgery in 2014, his first stroke shortly thereafter, and another stroke in February 2020. He’s been permanently at the nursing home since 2/14/2020.

So today is a little bit bittersweet, but my hubby’s mind is intact, and he remembers everything. I visit him at the nursing home every Friday. Yesterday we celebrated our anniversary. I got a card, sang him our wedding song, and reminisced about that day and past anniversaries. Today I’m having a quiet day at home, reflecting on the years we have had together and how grateful I am for everything I have. I’m not saying it’s been sunshine and rainbows, but I love him more than ever. He is truly my soulmate.

So those of you that have loved ones that are still with you, never take it for granted. Treasure and cherish every moment you have with them, because things can change at the drop of a dime. I will always have memories of the 27+ years we had together.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Bless you. Im 69, wife 59...been thru almost 30 as well. 4/21/94.
God bless you both.

You know what? God has and will continue to reward and bless you!

PS I buried a stone many years ago deep in the yard. I cant see it, but it doesnt mean its not still there. Such is Love. Buried in your heart.
Peace
edit on 07225631America/ChicagoSat, 02 Jul 2022 16:57:56 -050057202200000056 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Happy anniversary! 🍾
I am so sad that your husband is in a home, but he remembers and that is lovely.
Interestingly enough, we had our 30th last week!
All the best to you both!

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Congratulations!
I'm nearly 51 and this November will be 28 years married.

I say 28 happy years, 24 for me and 4 for her....lol
Or its feel more like 28 minutes,,,,,,, underwater...lol

Seriously though..
Couldn't image my life without her.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
30 years!! Happy Anniversary and a safe and happy 4th as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Congrats on the 30 year milestone!!!
It is inspiring that your love has withstood everything that live has thrown at you!
Blessings to both of you

and, thanks for the reminder...we should not take those we love for granted.

We had our 30th this year as well.....

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

A heart of tears is also a heart of happiness.
We dont abandoned iur soulmate in life unless they commit adultry

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

A heart of tears is also a heart of happiness.
We dont abandoned iur soulmate in life unless they commit adultry ir other evil acts.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Congratulations, ChiefD, on your honeyversary!

I'm so sorry to read about your troubles; I'll never understand why the most virtuous people suffer the most. That you've remained together is a testament to your unity and affection for one another... which I applaud!

I feel your pain and your joy. I've been married 22 years, but first met my wife 27 years ago. The first years were great, but then, year after year, we've hit one wall after the other, culminating in my mother-in-law trying to separate us and taking her own daughter to court. She thinks her daughter is crazy and I'm to blame. We've recently come out victorious from this four year nightmare. The verdict was that my MIL has always been the problem; an "entangling mother" (some kind of Freudian term) was the diagnosis. This has had such a detrimental effect on us that we could had easily broken up. Instead, we've always stood fast, alone in the world against everyone. I don't know if it is love, because the romance is not what is was; it is something deeper, perhaps the soulmate aspect you mentioned.

Reading your post and other members' experiences fills me with joy and gives me hope that humanity isn't yet scraping the bottom of the barrel. I've seen so many couples call it a day at the first hiccup. We, who truly appreciate and treasure our partners, are becoming a rarity, but we still exist.

All the best to you and your husband... you will navigate whatever minefield you encounter in the future and come out stronger on the other side!

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why do I feel so old ?
All these young uns with their 30 years .
44 years for me soon .

Peace and prayers to you and yours .

True love transcends all .

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Wow !

Congrats !!

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That is really beautiful. Congratulations!

Wishing you both better health and a lot more years together.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The wife and I had our 30th on March 20th.

I'm glad he still remembers

Blessing to both of you

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Congrats and best wishes for many more.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not so young here.
We met and married later than most couples.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks for all the wonderful replies! Much appreciated. And congratulations to those of you that have reached milestones too. I agree with what some of you said about not giving up and being strong in the face of adversity. My husband and our love has made me a better person. I wear his dog tags everywhere I go to “take him with me”. Then I tell him about the places I went. He likes that. He travels and experiences life through my eyes now.

I miss being physically with him a lot. But I thank God he’s still alive and I can talk to him on the phone every day and see him once a week.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

edit on Sat Jul 2 2022 by Jbird because: spam

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Gothmog

Not so young here.
We met and married later than most couples.

Well , I feel a bit younger now .

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

congratulations on you anniversary.

new topics

top topics

join