It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'accidentally sinks own ship in Black Sea'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: turretless

What then was the goal of liberating this island if Russian submarines would still sail around?

three quick reasons and possibilities come to mind.

1. it's Ukrainian territory, just like every where else they have fought back in, and liberated.
2. to keep them from setting up some kind of half a@@ antiquated missile battery and miss every thing they fire at and hit civilian targets.
3. to keep russia from mounting helicopter assault and or insertion of troops on the mainland

But the Main reason is number 1

1) I do not argue, although I still do not understand the value of returning an area of less than 1 square kilometer to the largest European country in terms of area (after Russia).

2) The island is located 35 kilometers from the coast. Opposite it on the shore is the Danube Biosphere Reserve, where there are not even any settlements. Who is this "antiquated missile battery" supposed to destroy? Moose and foresters?

3) I don't know what kind of mighty helicopter attack you're about to launch from an island that's smaller than a sports stadium. Another question is where these helicopters should fly to Snake Island so that it would be better for them than flying from Russia to Ukraine? (I remind you that Russia borders Ukraine.) Do you think that these helicopters should fly 180 kilometers from the Crimea to the island?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: IAMTAT

That looks like the equivalent to a WW2 LSU. It is just a little ship. Why are they bothering mentioning it if everyone got off safe.

I assume that a small Russian boat accidently running into a rogue Russian mine becomes a big propaganda story, if you're Ukraine...and you're desperately looking for ANY kind of victory to wave around.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

1) I do not argue, although I still do not understand the value of returning an area of less than 1 square kilometer to the largest European country in terms of area (after Russia).

it's their land plain and simple doesn't matter if you understand, besides that besides the Ukrainian guard post there, it was peoples home.

from the wiki,

The island is populated, reported to have under 30 people in 2012. A village, Bile, was founded in February 2007 with the purpose of consolidating the status of the island as an inhabited place. This happened during the period in which the island was part of a border dispute between Romania and Ukraine from 2004 to 2009, during which Romania contested the technical definition of the island and borders around it. The territorial limits of the continental shelf around Snake Island were delineated by the International Court of Justice in 2009,[2] providing Romania with almost 80% of the disputed maritime territory.[3]

Snake Island (Ukraine)

2) The island is located 35 kilometers from the coast. Opposite it on the shore is the Danube Biosphere Reserve, where there are not even any settlements. Who is this "antiquated missile battery" supposed to destroy? Moose and foresters?

then explain why russia kept trying to install rocket batteries. reports (although from ukraine which you and the other puppets refuse to believe, over proven lies coming out of russia) say that russia tried repeatedly to install rocket and missile batteries.

again from the above wiki

On 31 May, Ukraine claimed that Russia had reinforced its forces on Snake Island, with extra S-300 missile systems and additional ships from the Black Sea Fleet. The report claimed some extra 15 units of equipment were added.[74]
On 1 June, Ukraine claimed that Russian forces had installed multiple rocket launchers on the island.[75]

3) I don't know what kind of mighty helicopter attack you're about to launch from an island that's smaller than a sports stadium. Another question is where these helicopters should fly to Snake Island so that it would be better for them than flying from Russia to Ukraine? (I remind you that Russia borders Ukraine.) Do you think that these helicopters should fly 180 kilometers from the Crimea to the island?

snake island is just under a half a mile long and just under a quater mile wide. more than enough room to land and take off for at least just guessing at least ten helicopters with a 100x100 footor maybe even smaller landing and take off area. as far as fuel, a tanker could have been stationed at the island and pumped to trucks or direct lines. the helicopter could also be brought in aboard ships, you do know russia has the capability to launch the off the decks of some of their ships besides carriers right.

again from the wiki,

Coordinates 45°15′N 30°12′E
Area 0.17 km2 (0.066 sq mi) Length 0.662 km (0.4113 mi) Width 0.440 km (0.2734 mi) Highest elevation 41 m (135 ft) Highest point N/An

the distance a U.S. Apache can fly if memory serves is 1200 miles, i'm sure russia has some that can match that. the MI-17/MI-8 can carry 24 troops and has a range of 500 miles.

it is not above reason to believe that missions could have been flown to the main land or even at sea.

edit on 3-7-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Can't believe some of you are still out there propagating this propaganda for the Ukrainian government and biden administration.

I have seen videos of Ukrainian nazis using (Russian)naval mines as IED's throughout this conflict. It's not completely out of the question it was Ukraine and this is just western propaganda. Statistics would indicate it is. Not to mention the op has a clear pro-Ukraine pro-establishment bias...
edit on 3-7-2022 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I have seen videos of Ukrainian nazis using (Russian)naval mines

And those videos are 100% real and factual aren't they ? Pro Russia " real " Pro Ukraine " fake "

No, i actualy think you are taking the piss.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They are not Russian mines. Ukraine mined their own ports.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have one thing to say.

edit on 22000000ppam by yuppa because: added explanation

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I have seen videos of Ukrainian nazis using (Russian)naval mines as IED's throughout this conflict. It's not completely out of the question it was Ukraine and this is just western propaganda. Statistics would indicate it is. Not to mention the op has a clear pro-Ukraine pro-establishment bias...

I agree it isn't completely out of the question it was Ukraine who laid the mine but by that measure it isn't completely out of the question that they hit a Russian mine either.

The US says its intelligence points to a concerted Russian strategy to cut off the stretch of the coast still under Ukrainian control. “The United States has information that the Black Sea fleet is under orders to effectively blockade the Ukrainian ports of Odesa and Ochakiv,” a US official said.

“We can confirm that despite Russia’s public claims that it is not mining the north-western Black Sea, Russia actually is deploying mines in the Black Sea near Ochakiv. We also have indication that Russian forces previously mined the Dnieper River.”
www.theguardian.com...

Not to mention that the OP would rather support the victim in this conflict than the fascist dictatorship that started it.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The boat is now doing a "special underwater operation".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join