It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's Foreign Secretary Got Roasted By Many For Statements on HK Regime Change!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Boris Johnson UK's Foreign Secretary recently got roasted by many on twitter over her statements on Hong Kong.
Foreign Secretary Liz Truss had claimed that HK that was a symbol of bastion of liberty and paragon of prosperity.

While despite ignoring that both US/UK militarily tried to take it over through by civil wars.
Until 1997 HK was returned to the Chinese.

Boris Johnson UK's Foreign Secretary had being suggesting a possible regime change in HK so that freedoms to HK will be returned.

For many Chinese they already saw this as a threat of a regime change by the British Foreign Secretary.
Many commentators criticized Liz Truss on her statement.

UK's Foreign Secretary Got Roasted By Many For Statements on HK
edit on 1-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Your link goes to a Twitter post....who cares what the drones on Twitter think?

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

When HK was turned back over to the Chinese it was agreed by China to have a 2 systems, 1 government setup. HK was suppose to retain their freedom to protest, freedom of speech, the ability to elect their own leaders for the area and have a high degree of autonomy etc. As we can see China has violated the agreement, blatantly. The agreement is legally binding.

2020 - China is breaking Hong Kong treaty with UK, says Dominic Raab

edit on 2-7-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Have to say there are not many places on the planet that the British Empire did not invade at one point or another.

Of around the 200 odd countries on Earth, Great Britain has invaded all but 22 of them.

Which amounts to about 90% of the world's nations.

They held sway over 2rds of the planet vNex92 only a few centuries ago.

The world spins all the same and attempting to judge the world of today via the standards held dear in the past seldom bodes well.

We should learn from history not repeat it.
edit on 2-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"The sun never sets on the British Empire.... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark."

edit on 2-7-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Trust is a finite commodity Xcathdra.

As to God, well from the perspective of the good book, that's an anthropomorphism.

Each to their own all the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

"The sun never sets on the British Empire.... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark."

Haha not bad at all I’ll pay that, though have you ever seen the buggers on a Saturday afternoon on football day?

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Yup... and it makes one wonder if it's the whole empire thing that God doesn't trust or if it just the entirety of the British, as a whole, that God doesn't trust lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

My understanding is the big fellow don't say much regarding empires or about anything else for that matter.

Now Man on the other hand, well that's a whole nother kettle of fish to contend with.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Boris Johnson UK's Foreign Secretary had being suggesting a possible regime change in HK so that freedoms to HK will be returned.

She suggested no such thing.

Hong Kong was for many years a bastion of liberty and paragon of prosperity.

The UK won’t rest until Hong Kong has its freedoms back.

The world is watching how China behaves.

Hong Kong had liberty and prosperity under British rule now under Chinese rule that liberty is being stripped away , the only talk of "regime change" is in your head fueled by your hatred of the British.

Funny how you see threats of regime change where there are none but are a supporter of the actual regime change happening in Ukraine.

edit on 2-7-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yup... and it makes one wonder if it's the whole empire thing that God doesn't trust or if it just the entirety of the British, as a whole, that God doesn't trust lol.

Well, if we’re talking the God of the Old Testament he didn’t mind the Hebrews spillin’ a bit of claret in the advancement of Israel so why can’t the Brits?

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Did he not also wish Abraham to sacrifice his own son for a joke/bet/test?

The fact of the matter is there have been more people killed in the name of god/gods in one form or another than just about anything else on the planet.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It’s just getting embarrassing.

I actually used to somewhat enjoy this blokes posts a while ago and appreciate the alternate perspective (same as another pro-Kremlin poster on here) but it’s just devolved in to low info, hate the west and try to find flaws everywhere bot like rubbish.

To mans credit he’s actually managed to make a post that doesn’t mention Russia though so that’s something.

The big claims and a Twitter link as proof here sees the remainder of my slack to cut him depleted.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Hong Kong is now part of China, everyone has to accept that.

China has reneged on agreements made when Hong Kong returned to Chinese control.
Most Kongkongers would like to return to how it was before the restoration and they resent Chinese control and the restrictions placed on them.

As long as there are people alive in Hong Kong who lived under UK rule, some of whom even consider themselves more British than Chinese, then the UK will try to influence things for the better in Hong Kong.
But that will not involve directly interfering in how the region is ran....there are obvious limitations.

To expect the UK to remain quiet about events in Hong Kong is incredibly naive.....if the UK ever goes beyond dialogue then they would be incredibly stupid.

I recently watched a series of excellent BBC documentaries - they have produced some really good documentaries including a series about Iraq and two series I have watched about Putin - about President Xi and China. They explain a bit about events in Hong Kong and how China ripped up its agreement with the UK.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

I hope the links to iPlayer work outside the UK.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Bloody hypocritical innit Andy? Not so much when you’re worshipping the likes of Odin, Mars etc. it’s par for the course but for an all loving God with the interest of peace among man seems strange.

I personally believe in a loving higher power though there’s some nuance to it. What I don’t believe is that God favours one people, religion or another and that no one else no matter their position within an organised religion owns my relationship with that power.

Hope you’re well mate.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Maybe you should be more concerned about China's actions towards The Uyghurs.

China has been accused of committing crimes against humanity and possibly genocide against the Uyghur population and other mostly-Muslim ethnic groups in the north-western region of Xinjiang.
Human rights groups believe China has detained more than one million Uyghurs against their will over the past few years in a large network of what the state calls "re-education camps", and sentenced hundreds of thousands to prison terms.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Im on the fence myself IAMALLYETALLIAM.

If there is a god or creator force, and given the size, scale, grand scheme of it all, it may be somewhat above humanity's paygrade or ability to comprehend.

I hope your doing well also mate.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Never one to give up on an opportunity to share this:

God is a D.J.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Im on the fence myself IAMALLYETALLIAM.

If there is a god or creator force, and given the size, scale, grand scheme of it all, it may be somewhat above humanity's paygrade or ability to comprehend.

I hope your doing well also mate.

I agree with that assessment Andy and it’s why I don’t follow a particular religion, I’m willing to admit I don’t know for sure, to keep pondering, stay open to all possibilities and live a life that doesn’t harm others regardless.

Going good thanks mate, Saturday night here, winter so the fire is roaring sippin a few cheeky little black spiced rums
edit on 272022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

What are you talking about? You ever been to Xinjiang? No? They’re treated like bloody royalty and you’ve swallowed the western propaganda.....despite what the Uighur diaspora claims about missing relatives, forced labour, sterilisation and rape.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join