It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Story young summer love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It was summer in upstate NY when I just turned 14. My sisters two friends knocked on the door. She left and went out with them
When she came back she told me…..”somebody likes you”

Her friend a very nice looking popular football player said it was love at first sight 💕.
I agree to go out with him. He was showering me with gifts, a fancy watch, FAO Swartz teddy bear.
He came over to my house with two dozen roses. My mom was not impressed and didn’t like how fast he was moving.
I was smitten, he was good looking popular and liked me.

A few weeks went by and he wanted me to come to his house and I did. He only wanted one thing…..sex.
I told him I was only 14 and was not ready………………He dumped me the very next day. I was devastated.
Very shortly after by some stroke of luck we moved away.

I found out he quickly dated a friend, got her PREGNANT and then left town because he didn’t want to be responsible. A few years passed and he ended up marrying her. Then they had a war of the roses type of divorce. I still laugh about it to this day. It is a story I have shared with my own kids.

I may have been 14 but thank God, Heaven, and the Stars I knew I was not ready or I would have been that girl.

Parents talk to your kids, they are listening when you don’t think they are. Although I don’t believe abstinence will work in all cases, it sure can be very effective for a lot of young girls.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A gift of happiness is the light in your heart.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

A gift of happiness is the light in your heart.

I just think how one incident could have changed the trajectory of my life, of anyones life.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You chose well.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

You chose well.

I think because I had a strong father in my life I didn’t need the temporary “love” from a boy, but there are a lot of people not as fortunate, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: IAMTAT

You chose well.

I think because I had a strong father in my life I didn’t need the temporary “love” from a boy, but there are a lot of people not as fortunate, unfortunately.

Good parents are always important...but, don't shortchange yourself. Good and bad decisions are our own choices.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good for your 14 year old self

I was 17 (yes a late bloomer) and the same happened .
Now I live the lifestyle of a nun

top topics

join