It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson suspended from Twitter for 'hateful and hurtful speech'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Peterson incurred the wrath of the trans folks several years ago. Back in 2017, the Canadian government started passing laws involving pronoun use, freedom of speech, and the rights of transgender and "gender-diverse" Canadians. Some of the bill's supporters actually wanted to make it illegal to "misgender" someone!

Peterson argued that:
A. The trans\gender\diversity bill (C-16) was so poorly written that it was laughable. Speaking before the Senate of Canada, he called the wording of the bill 'insane'.
B. His bigger argument was that you can't recklessly pass laws that cater to the whims of a small minority, and you certainly can't legislate the English language to the point where certain totally harmless, innocuous words can actually be banned on the chance that those words might "offend" someone.

He was then branded an alt-right Nazi and began receiving death threats. Surprise, surprise.

He's fighting these idiots again, and has been cancelled by Twitter. He always proves his point with logic and reason, and this case is no different.
He's sick and tired of these assholes changing their demands every 15 minutes, and he aint havin' it.

This case involves Ellen\Elliot Page, a Canadian actor who decided she wanted to be a man. She told the world, and of course, she became a hero, and soon had an adoring legion of followers. She underwent a surgical procedure called Transmasculine Top Surgery to have her breasts removed. Peterson condemns such surgery, and considers it outright mutilation.

So Peterson Tweeted that he's sick of what has become "mandatory naming styles" with these loons. He also said the surgeon that did the breast removal is "a criminal". He dared refer to page as "Ellen", which makes him guilty of dead naming. Dead naming is one of the most heinous offenses you can commit against a trans person.

Oh, the horror! Peterson not only wrongly claimed that Page had “breasts removed by a criminal physician”, but also intentionally misgendered Page and dead-named him by using his birth name.

Keep up the good fight, Jordan.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When you become an adult, you really should be past the name calling. It really is childish and not the mature way to have a discussion.

If he has a point to make, make it. No need to disrespect everyone all the time.

That being said, he's probably right. You can't legislate respect.

For me. If someone wants to identify as a man, woman, toaster, cat, chair, well, if that's what they want, I'm ok with it. It really doesn't cost me anything to respect that wish.

If you don't, don't. I can't believe we are at a point where THIS type of thing occupies so much of so many people's time.

To all here at ATS, Please have a great and safe Fourth of July!

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

So I read your link on dead naming. So do they legally change their names or just make one up that they wish to be identified by?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

More people need to identify as a camera. Then they can't be banned anywhere.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Did you read the OP? The point I'm making is that these trans people are making unreasonable demands all the time. Did I say unreasonable? I meant insane.

They insist that you adhere to all their 'naming rules', and strictly follow their do's and don'ts. The second you say anything even remotely "offensive" to them, look out! You're a Nazi, a white supremacist a hater, etc...

It's great that Peterson is giving them some push back!

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
When you become an adult, you really should be past the name calling. It really is childish and not the mature way to have a discussion.

If he has a point to make, make it. No need to disrespect everyone all the time.

That being said, he's probably right. You can't legislate respect.

For me. If someone wants to identify as a man, woman, toaster, cat, chair, well, if that's what they want, I'm ok with it. It really doesn't cost me anything to respect that wish.

If you don't, don't. I can't believe we are at a point where THIS type of thing occupies so much of so many people's time.

To all here at ATS, Please have a great and safe Fourth of July!

People can play pretend all they want, just don't expect me to go along with their delusions. That's where they go wrong. They demand everyone else go along with their imaginary reality.

It's like a child that grows to adulthood and yet still wants to play imaginary tea party and demanding that you go along with it or else you get socially punished and even calling for fines and jail time for you if you don't.

Dr Peterson is 100 percent correct. It is completely insane.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Jordan Peterson is too well versed, he is too logical and just makes sense, that is hateful.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Theres reasons some guys cant put on a birdie suit and hang out chirpin without bursting a gasket.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I have decided that the best way to handle this is to not speak to these types of folks at all. That way you don't have to worry about hurting their feelings or breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

But the governments are forcing us to .
Have to use the proper LGBQT++++++++ term.
Back in the day , that would have been considered "out of line" as we believed a person was just a person.
Think of that before you post such...

edit on 7/1/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

When you enter into a society where someone else gets to determine what you say and how you say it, all rights are lost.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

While it’s hard to disagree with that common sense logic
I find I become more like them than I want to

Recently at the supermarket I said “thank you sweety” to the girl on the checkout, been saying “love” or sweety” for most of my life, maybe sometimes “peach”
She replied, “please don’t call me sweety”
Still unsure of what to think of it, are people that harmed by a simple gesture
Are we more concerned with our feelings than feeling
Have we become so self centred that we can’t hear and accept a generalised statement without hurting ourselves
I don’t particularly like being called “mate” (innocuous familiarity) by sales staff, I figure they are being disingenuous and looking to overstate our relationship to take my money.
But, it’s a sales pitch and it doesn’t really bother me
I wouldn’t complain about it
The question is, is it worth changing for “their feelings”?

Some time ago, some ats member linked a JP link, don’t remember who or when
Have listened to him, grown immeasurably emotionally, spiritually and psychologically never mind intellectually since. In my opinion at least
Thanks whoever

edit on 1-7-2022 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Change names, mutilate yourself, demand everyone calls you by your new chosen name.
Yet when they go to court you can bet they are known by their given name.
It's probably still on all their old accounts too.
Did the white pages commit the atrocity of dead naming too?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
GREETINGS PEOPLE OF EARTH.

WE ARE NONGENDERED NONBINARY AND YOU WILL ADDRESS US AS XI/XER.

Ok, no problem, welcome to Earth. Nice to meet you.

YOU MUST HERETOFORE CHANGE ALL YOUR EARTHLY TERMINOLOGY TO SUIT OUR SPECIES, AND YOUR CHILDREN MUST ADOPT OUR NONCONFORMING WAYS AND BECOME ADHERENTS TO OUR CULTURE.

Excuse me, pardon me, what are you on about?

YOU WILL COMPLY OR WE WILL CALL YOU HATEFUL THINGS AND CRITICIZE YOU. BE ADVISED, WE CAN CALL YOU HATEFUL THINGS BUT YOU CANNOT CALL US HATEFUL THINGS OR CRITICIZE US.

Ok, this is nuts. Your species has some severe problems you need to work out.

NO! YOUR SPECIES IS THE INTOLERANT ONE!

i can see there is no reasoning with you. Higher intelligence my ass.

(I'm telling you people, this is part of a massive alien soul incarnation on our world. Maybe the Indigo and Starseed Crews got it right, and that's why so many children and parents are aligned with this new phenomena. Most of them are just busy minding their own business and living lives peacefully and quietly, but some of them are radical activists who simply cannot live and let live and want to dominate everything with a draconian edge....which is quite rude and one reason we're all so pissed off right now.

Not quite the nuts and bolts high drama we've been conditioned our entire lives to expect from an alien invasion, but whoop there it is.)

IMHO.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I remember they had pictures of Ellen Page topless on BBC homepage. To which i argued they shouldn't be posting female breasts regardless if they're mutilated as it violated their rules.

My comment was deleted.

I admire Peterson for his strength of character, although you can tell the constant pressure is getting to him.
edit on 2/7/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Hi problem is legislation of this madness, not the pandering to mentally ill people in order to make them feel better.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I guess any ongoing royalties payable to Ellen Page are no longer valid, as you cannot pay a dead person?
edit on 2-7-2022 by TWS1969 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You are right about one thing:

Dead-naming is name calling, and I'm not talking about the person who calls someone by their name. I'm talking about the people who created the idea of dead-naming and misgendering as a slur.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Mentally Ill people need to get help and not ask government to legislate their behavior as the norm.

You are not a unique snowflake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join