It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many men have no clue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How many men have no clue that their girlfriend/wife/mistress had an abortion, or didn’t.

I know that 23 and me puts a huge disclaimer that sometimes it can be very upsetting when blood relatives are “found”. Shocking, absolutely shocking. We saw it in our family with an uncle and grandpa.

I wonder if there are guys that knocked up a girl and never knew. I wonder if some of the people yelling the hardest have no clue what their lovers have done. We know it happens.
I’m not saying all those guys would be deadbeats, but what I’m saying is they lived a life without the stress/strains of taking care of a child or the decision to abort one.

Maybe it is good all of this is coming out and that the responsibility is going to be shared. Maybe this is the generation to do it.
Remember, be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I wonder if there are guys that knocked up a girl and never knew.

I wonder how many half-siblings from the 'free love' era unknowingly married each other.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The act of asking this question is akin to telling a story about the feeling of finding out. And telling stories is important, lest we forget.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What's your point? I was never promiscuous in my youth (18 to 25), I had girlfriends and we had safe, legal sex. If you don't want kids there are ways to engage in the act of reproduction with a very low risk of pregnancy.

Certainly, things can go awry from the plan. Are you saying all men are just sperm donations and all women are just recepticles?

Are you saying women are just sleeping around and the answer to their problem is abortion? What are you really trying to say here?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I wonder if any men married their daughters...

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I’m sure it is happened but siblings and half siblings are more likely. Did you ever see that show about the Dr. That inseminated a lot of his clients. Some of the siblings lived pretty close to each other.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

What's your point? I was never promiscuous in my youth (18 to 25), I had girlfriends and we had safe, legal sex. If you don't want kids there are ways to engage in the act of reproduction with a very low risk of pregnancy.

Certainly, things can go awry from the plan. Are you saying all men are just sperm donations and all women are just recepticles?

Are you saying women are just sleeping around and the answer to their problem is abortion? What are you really trying to say here?

My point is that there will be babies born that might not have been. I also feel babies are not going to be hidden away any more like they were in the past. I honestly don’t think a lot of men realize what a profound impact this will have on their life. Maybe even the lives of the grandparents. I’m not saying ALL. Unplanned pregnancy has immense direct impact to young people’s financial future.

No I’m not saying all men are just sperm donors, but I am saying I think a lot had impregnated a woman and didn’t know it. I also think we are in a new era where women will not just accept all the responsibility.

You know that saying you’ve awoke a sleeping giant, I think this is it.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I would hazard a guess most pregnancies are unplanned. Don't have sex with a guy if you aren't using birth control or don't require him to wear a condom. Yes I know these methods are not 100% effective, that's the risk you take but at least you are mitigating that risk by a very high percentage.

Most men realize the change that is going to happen if you have a child with a woman. Child support is crazy, in Wisconsin the first one is 17% of your income. You will face jail time if you don't pay child support.

Everyone knows this. Obviously something like rape or incest should be looked at differently. Also if the pregnancy risks the mothers life but you didn't mention any of that so I'm not taking any of those horrible situations into account.

What I get from your statements is you want abortion to be an option for your bad mistakes.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

What I get from your statements is you want abortion to be an option for your bad mistakes.

Well you’d be wrong. All my kids were planned.

I want abortion to be legal because I do feel it’s a medical procedure. We could debate that all day long, and there are other threads for that. That isn’t what this post is about though.
This post is about what is going to happen, and I feel it’s going to be very different than what has happened in the past.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I’m sure it is happened but siblings and half siblings are more likely. Did you ever see that show about the Dr. That inseminated a lot of his clients. Some of the siblings lived pretty close to each other.

yes and i've watched all of veronica mars, she thought her boyfriend duncan was her half brother!

but Keith mars was her real father not duncans dad. spoiler alert!

op

but not that i'm aware of. they would have been my ex's and not my problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I think abortion should be legal as well and it is. All through the pandemic and the vaccine nonsense I stole the "my body, my choice" narrative from the pro choice movement. This is what I believe in, this is how I operate in day to day life. This is the foundation of my thought process. I don't change the thoughts which built my foundation.

Family should be planned, don't get drunk at a parties and sleep around. I'm glad to hear you planned for your kids.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Lots of over reaction on this issue. Roe vs Wade's overturn did not make abortion illegal. It took away the idea that there is a constitutional right to an abortion which, legally speaking, is, to put it mildly, a stretch. Abortion is still legal in my state. I assure you that in the entire west coast (and in any solidly blue state) it will stay legal. Nothing has substantively changed, and demonstrating in front of the Capitol of a blue state is just silly.

Further, child support laws have not changed. Both parents remain liable for supporting their children. Of course, you have to step up and force it to happen. But as anyone who has ever watched Maury can tell you, just proclaiming someone a father does not make it so. Thank God for DNA. How common is it for a woman to come back to Maury time and again with yet another "candidate" that she is "110% sure is the father" only to have DNA say, "You are NOT the father!" Some of these gals have brought forth a dozen guys and failed every time, running down the hall of shame to the crying couch where they still insist it can't be true. And that begs the question. How many men are paying child support for someone else's kid? I've heard estimates as high as 25%. Any guesses or hard evidence? I'm not claiming to know myself. So much for this idea of "believe the woman every time." Just remember Maury!

The bottom line here is

A) Abortion is still legal. and
B) Child support laws are still in effect.

So WTH is your problem?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The bottom line here is A) Abortion is still legal. and B) Child support laws are still in effect. So WTH is your problem?

This will absolutely result in births that would have been aborted in certain states.
This will also cause an increase in child support

I have a feeling child support laws might change. There are women in those non abortion states saying child support should start from day one of pregnancy for medical etc. Well see.

Also this was not meant as an aggressive topic so take your WTH back if you can’t reply in a civilized manner.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

My point is that there will be babies born that might not have been. I also feel babies are not going to be hidden away any more like they were in the past. I honestly don’t think a lot of men realize what a profound impact this will have on their life. Maybe even the lives of the grandparents. I’m not saying ALL. Unplanned pregnancy has immense direct impact to young people’s financial future.

No I’m not saying all men are just sperm donors, but I am saying I think a lot had impregnated a woman and didn’t know it. I also think we are in a new era where women will not just accept all the responsibility.

You know that saying you’ve awoke a sleeping giant, I think this is it.

Women NEVER HAVE "accepted all the responsibility"

Courts are ALREADY treating men as sperm donors and wallets

Men have to fight just to get a BAD deal w.r.t. being able to see their own children

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I got a clue I'm pro-choice, I would have a 12-year-old son and would be in a 20 relationship right now. Plus I got sisters and daughters I hear stories.

Said it before it was ridiculous to overturn it now, but it doesn't mean we need to wig out about it either.

don't get me wrong not trying to be argumentative, I just prescribe to the theory they want us to fight over this emotional and divisive subject while TPTB tries to pull some other BS.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Women NEVER HAVE "accepted all the responsibility"

You’re joking right.

If women have never accepted the responsibility how are there SOOO many men that didn’t know they had a kid?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

IDK about other states but I was charged for all the pregnancy medical bills through child support.

FWIW

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I got a clue I'm pro-choice, I would have a 12-year-old son and would be in a 20 relationship right now. Plus I got sisters and daughters I hear stories.

Said it before it was ridiculous to overturn it now, but it doesn't mean we need to wig out about it either.

don't get me wrong not trying to be argumentative, I just prescribe to the theory they want us to fight over this emotional and divisive subject while TPTB tries to pull some other BS.

I totally agree and everything points to population control.
They have already said men are lining up to get a vasectomy. This will have a much more profound effect on births than birth control as one many can impregnate a lot of people.

Monkey pox, just heard it today. It’s not that dangerous for MOST people but can be VERY dangerous for pregnant women and unborn babies.

Those are two completely different topics though…

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

The bottom line here is A) Abortion is still legal. and B) Child support laws are still in effect. So WTH is your problem?

This will absolutely result in births that would have been aborted in certain states.
This will also cause an increase in child support

I have a feeling child support laws might change. There are women in those non abortion states saying child support should start from day one of pregnancy for medical etc. Well see.

Also this was not meant as an aggressive topic so take your WTH back if you can’t reply in a civilized manner.

How, in your opinion, would child support increase? 17% is already a major impact in the mans income. What would you like it to be? 25%? 40%?

At what point does the guy just totally leave the family? I know plenty of guys that pay the 17% and have a good solid relationship with their kid. If you change this to 30-40% these guys are going to cut their losses and move on. Now another child without a father. What are you really going after here? What's your plan?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Many fathers rape their daughters and now the daughters will be forced to give birth to their brothers in some states.

www.webmd.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join