It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Support Will Be the next big Issue

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

But the law isn't working as intended, is it? So how do we stop an institution that is apparently above the law by using the law?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

Now thats a good question. IDK

However i still hold a smidge of faith that we can turn many ills our nation faces around by fixing that specific problem. We are going to have to do it at the ballot box however no one I am aware of is making it a primary or secondary issue.

Case and point, abortion.

Federally and constitutionally, hands off. Relegated to states as it should be

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How is the state deciding what's best for people better than the federal government deciding what's best for people? We elect both the same way don't we? You think the state governments employ a different type of person than the federal government? They're all cut from the same exact cloth! They work with one another constantly!

edit on 30-6-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

How is the state deciding what's best for people better than the federal government deciding what's best for people?

All states arent equal. In size, demographics, values, economy etc. Now that doesnt mean they decide, it means the people choose their representation.

We elect both the same way don't we?

For the above reasons, no.

They're all cut from the same exact cloth! They work with one another constantly!

I agree. Current ploti-ticks attracts the worst type of people....mostly. the collective we are to blame by not holding them culpable for generations.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is more likely because the democrats need more kids to suck the blood from. After all they have been pushing for 13-16yr olds to be able to vote.. they are already trying to confuse kids so they experiment more and get knocked up.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: projectvxn

Condoms and other contraceptives are available for both men and women. Vasectomies are reversible.

Condoms and contraceptives fail. I will admit it's not a huge number but it's still there.
There have been women with their tubes tied getting pregnant in their 40's & 50's.

I think there are so many gray areas and not everything is black and white.

abstinence is best.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My body. My choice.

Isn't equality, personal responsibility and free will wonderful?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Bravo !!

Fair-minded person !

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: M5xaz

What percentage of humans currently support their own abortion?

Precisely.....

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Wear your " I support mass murder" t-shirt proudly, Dr Mengele

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You've (JAGStorm) offered a perspective and voice that I believe needs to be heard. Our choices/freedoms as humans, as 3rd dense beings, are being limited every day. Stand up for what you believe, and everyone like myself will get behind you. We are many, and have the numbers ')
Freedoms here are bigger than any religion, and need to satisfy most everyone, not a just particular group, much less political BS and govy/medy control nonsense.

I have 2 Kids, and to think that something in my rather foolish but fun younger years could jack that all up, and that someone might have had a choice that would have effected not only me but my kids and fam, perhaps there was grace in my past...

To boot, it is my understanding that in most cases us "multi life souls" only really drop in much later in the birthing process, and even after birth has been successfully achieved, (sort of like a built-in check-system in the background of the universe that ensures best chance incarnation for souls worthy) and taking this step (Aborting) early is more ethical and karma light weight than say, torturing a soul that you let incarnate under your care, and then torture. Great Post!

edit on 1-7-2022 by ETSOUL25920 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2022 by ETSOUL25920 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sex is overrated. I'd rather just not have it than snip my self in case I do. It's honestly not that important to me lol

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Whose body and whose choice.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Yeah, sure. I support ALL abortions now apparently, only because YOU say so though. 😒

I never said that MASS abortions for ANY reason are ok! All I've said is that SOME abortions are justified considering the circumstances and that cutting off ALL access regardless of circumstances is STUPID and SELFISH!

Understand now?

You guys are REALLY good at reframing someone's words! You need to learn reading comprehension. Feel free to skim through everything else I've said up this point, it won't say anything different.
edit on 2-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Ever heard of the snowball effect. You take thos 800K and then in 14-18 years they have babies, and more babies and on and on.

Also now that money is tight vice activities go up and my guess is so do pregnancies.

Seems common sensible if the " snowballing effect " had been better practised in various parts things wouldn't have gotten to this point .

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I just read that a record number of guys are getting vasectomies.

I guess they don’t want to tempt fate.
You know what happens when women aren’t allowed to have abortions? They have babies and those babies need support.
My guess is there are guys out there that have paid for plenty of abortions, probably some at the same time.

It will be interesting to see the fallout from these rulings.
Yes babies will be born. Getting pregnant doesn’t discriminate.
Sure the very rich will find a way, but for everyone else we’ll see what happens.

I think another thing we might see is a lot more teen pregnancies. Remember in the 80’s and 90’s there was always a group of pregnant girls in school. Then the numbers dropped, massively. I can’t remember the last time I heard of a teen getting pregnant in our parts.

Child support is a joke and needs a major overhaul. How is one kid more expensive to raise per month than another kid? Either it takes 50 bucks a month or 5000 a month - which is it? Oh right - that depends on how well off the dad is. Utter nonsense used like alimony to allow for a woman to live off the dads income without having been married.

Also absurd that they will make the man pay when custody is 50 / 50 if he makes more than the woman. The whole thing needs an overhaul and honestly should be decided by a simple formula...

How expensive a kid is at age X (example 100 a month)× % of custody the parent has (50% = 0, 40% = 10% of the above number) = amount of support provided to the parent that has >50% custody. One kid in neighborhood X can cost 50 a month whole another 5000 depending on how well off the dad is. Absurd.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
“You have a problem with poor babies, Marie Antoinette? Having adequate food, shelter and clothing is so overrated.”
Babies will live. We cannot deprive them of that chance. You cannot violate free will. Those who’ve had abortions have some serious negative kharma coming at them.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323
Babies will live.

No kidding, in the system.

Those who’ve had abortions have some serious negative kharma coming at them.

Karma is a joke, life doesn't work that way.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That comment defines many women.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join