It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Support Will Be the next big Issue

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, under our quasi-socialized healthcare, you might have to, which is why I warned of this with Obamacare years ago.

You and I agree 100% there. I do believe our healthcare system needs reform, but whatever the heck they did just made it 10000x more expensive and worse.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Condoms and other contraceptives are available for both men and women. Vasectomies are reversible.

Condoms and contraceptives fail. I will admit it's not a huge number but it's still there.
There have been women with their tubes tied getting pregnant in their 40's & 50's.

I think there are so many gray areas and not everything is black and white.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Why should I have to pay for a corrupt military institution that has been waging bogus wars for decades? Why should I be forced to pay for something I don't want to contribute to? Because that's how the tax code works, we don't get to choose where our taxes go.

Get used to it, it's never going to change.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

I ike to drink.

Booze is pretty awesome.

You going to pay for my DUI's and liver transplant?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76

Why should I have to pay for a corrupt military institution that has been waging bogus wars for decades? Why should I be forced to pay for something I don't want to contribute to? Because that's how the tax code works, we don't get to choose where our taxes go.

Pay for my mortgage.

I don't want the responsibility any more.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Then maybe they should practice safe sex or contraception.

Both of which fail from time to time.

This right here is what I mean when I say we live in an infantilized society. When exactly does personal responsibility come in?

People can take as many precautions a possible and still get pregnant. You act as if there is a foolproof way of preventing pregnancy other than never having sex.

Fun and games is great but reality has to set in at some point. Sex is reproduction and you will be forced to accept that if you do so without the above-mentioned protection. This isn't rocket surgery.

That protection isn't foolproof. We both know that.

Also, if sex was ONLY reproduction then I hope you never had it WITHOUT the intent of having a baby in mind, otherwise you're irresponsible and get what you deserve.

🙄

😒

Condoms and other contraceptives are available for both men and women. Vasectomies are reversible.

All of which are not foolproof. We both know this.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is what we all warned about with government healthcare.

Once everyone is involved, then personal responsibility is gone and everyone is in everyone else's business.

link   

Ok. So having sex is equivalent to driving drunk and alcoholism. Gotcha.

I hope you never had sex before otherwise you're probably a terrible person who makes horrible decisions going by your own analogy.
edit on 30-6-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

link   

Unfortunately thats because the govt has a very specific responsibility to keep funded and operational the military good or bad.

Social programs can be legislated in or out. Vastly different in scope and application between the two.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just cant wait untill the stories come out of male politicians paying for illegal abortions for their mistresses. I'm going to have a good laugh at them.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe the tax code should be rewritten. I get to choose where MY taxes go, not some corrupt politician that I never voted for. Let ME allocate where my taxes go, ME!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Maybe the tax code should be rewritten. I get to choose where MY taxes go, not some corrupt politician that I never voted for.

I agree.

Just highlighting the err in your analogy.

Luckily, you still have the ability to try and change the laws or leave the state where your values may lie....for now.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ok. So having sex is equivalent to driving drunk and alcoholism. Gotcha.

I hope you never had sex before otherwise you're probably a terrible person who makes horrible decisions going by your own analogy.

What I do or have done is none of your damned business, which is entirely my point!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Except if it's an abortion, then it IS your/my business. Right?

By the way, I was never interested in what you do or have done. I was just pointing out how flawed your analogy was.

Keep up.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Except if it's an abortion, then it IS your/my business. Right?

By the way, I was never interested in what you do or have done. I was just pointing out how flawed your analogy was.

Keep up.

Would I, should I, be concerned if you openly state you are going to (and do) stab innocent people in your town?

I see abortion as the deliberate and intentional ending of a living human being.

So I am going to call it out as I see it.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So why is it different for abortion? If I have no other choice than to fund a corrupt military that kills women and children overseas then why should you get the choice whether to fund killing babies stateside?

I think you missed the point I was making. Obviously I have to put my taxes towards the military because that's how the tax law works, I know how it works.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

One is in the constitution, the other isnt.

Why is this difficult for you to comprehend?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Most women who get an abortion are far from "open" about the decision. No one is going on the corner and announcing to the world that they're about to have an abortion. Who does that?

Anyways... you keep fighting for those unborn babies while also ignoring the thousands upon thousands of innocent lives taken away by your very own beloved military. It doesn't make your outrage seem fake at all. Nope, not at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Most women who get an abortion are far from "open" about the decision. No one is going on the corner and announcing to the world that they're about to have an abortion. Who does that?

Anyways... you keep fighting for those unborn babies while also ignoring the thousands upon thousands of innocent lives taken away by your very own beloved military. It doesn't make your page seem fake at all. Nope, not at all.

I was member of that "military" for decades, sport.

And I don't care how "open" they are about ending the lives of unborn living human beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join