It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Support Will Be the next big Issue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything

What about the flip side if that?

In states where life begins at conception and abortion is banned, shouldn't they be passing laws that require the father to start paying child support as soon as the pregnancy is detected? Also, can those women start declaring the fetus as a dependent as soon as it's detected?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And now, what do you do with all those fertilized embryos?

If you implant many embryos, like is normally done with invitro, and some die, is that doctor breaking the law now?

What happens if those embryos are thrown out for whatever reason?

What happens in the case of a miscarriage? Does someone get to investigate to make sure it wasn't something the woman had done to cause it?

Do men have to carry insurance and child support from the time of conception? Who knows?

And so on and so forth. I could go on, but you get it. This is what happens when you strike down a law, and don't think past that.

a reply to: JAGStorm

edit on 30-6-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I just read that a record number of guys are getting vasectomies.

I guess they don’t want to tempt fate.
You know what happens when women aren’t allowed to have abortions? They have babies and those babies need support.
My guess is there are guys out there that have paid for plenty of abortions, probably some at the same time.

It will be interesting to see the fallout from these rulings.
Yes babies will be born. Getting pregnant doesn’t discriminate.
Sure the very rich will find a way, but for everyone else we’ll see what happens.

I think another thing we might see is a lot more teen pregnancies. Remember in the 80’s and 90’s there was always a group of pregnant girls in school. Then the numbers dropped, massively. I can’t remember the last time I heard of a teen getting pregnant in our parts.

do you think the SCOTUS decision made abortions illegal?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

How about mandatory paternity tests for every birth?
A man shouldn’t have to pay for a kid that’s not his.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But if it is his....child support until the kid is 18yrs of age.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Or 50% of the care time. Women who just claim their kids when the dad is disposed to take care 50% of the time shouldn't see a dime... And it should be enforced on any clingy mother.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I have no problem paying support for your kid.
I do have a problem with the court system that tends to bend men over in custody battles and dollar amounts taken from them.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'd totally agree with that, but my guess is a lot of people in high places wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If the dembs are smart they will use this as a campaign issue. "Force a woman to give birth, who's going to take care of it a single mother forced to work and pay for everything?"

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Think on this one. When you're old and decrepit and your sewage pipe blocks a man or a woman comes along and unblocks it for you. Well, 20, 30, 40 years ago they were babies.

Babies are the future life blood of a nation, the future adults that will be doing all the tasks you can't do. Or is it you only like your babies, not poor underprivileged babies.

As for men having vasectomies!!!! Say there is a million men and a million women in a country. All the men get vasectomies bar one. Now it don't take a million men to get a million women pregnant, it only takes one.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the offer but I had a vasectomy when I was 20 and have never had children. But I did help support my ex and her kids when her new husband decided to bail on family life. In fact I helped her raise those 2 boys like they were mine even though I never wanted kids...not fair to raise children in a rock and roll lifestyle was my reason for the vasectomy.

edit on 30-6-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The campaigns will be conducted in the usual manner, regardless of what ammunition is given to the parties.

The Democrats will ignore the women’s rights stuff they were just handed on a silver plate and opt to shriek about whatever minority happens to be in on twitter this week, my bet is on gender-fluid dragonkin.

The Republicans will choose to forgo the literal countless disasters of the Biden administration and instead wave the bible around screaming about the end times and Satan.

It is very entertaining to watch though.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the offer but I had a vasectomy when I was 20 and have never had children. But I did help support my ex and her kids when her new husband decided to bail on family life.

You two fine gentlemen are not the problem. Neither am I, I only had kids I wanted.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If people took the individual responsibility

There are far too many people out there who don't even understand the concept of personal responsibility.

Then why should I pay for it?

I mean, if I want to sit on a butchers block naked and pound finishing nails through my scrotum into the wood, I should have the freedom to do so.

But it would be the height of stupidity to demand that you pay for the results of my individual actions.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I mean, if I want to sit on a butchers block naked and pound finishing nails through my scrotum into the wood, I should have the freedom to do so.

But it would be the height of stupidity to demand that you pay for the results of my individual actions.

What in the kink did I just read?

That's where you are wrong we might have to pay. If you didn't have insurance and when the rusty nails that snagged on your leather sack got all infected we would be paying for your healthcare through our taxes.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I do have a problem with the court system that tends to bend men over in custody battles and dollar amounts taken from them.

Did you have a problem with the court system legislating from the bench and bending a woman over to bear a child in a state where abortions are illegal?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ive many a issue with child support.

Usually the father has very little say in regards to monetary and parenting time decisions. While theyll claim that what they do is in the best interest of the child, that is rarely the case?

Fail to pay that bill as a payer? Expect a suspension of your drivers license and a warrant for your arrest.

Guardian refuses to allow your time? Walk away, hand write a letter and wait for the bloated "court" to get around to it.

Next, there is a value placed on each child that fluxuates based on income. Not need.

This is without touching the abortion issues which only raises a slew of more questions and illogical policies.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: DBCowboy

What in the kink did I just read?

That's where you are wrong we might have to pay. If you didn't have insurance and when the rusty nails that snagged on your leather sack got all infected we would be paying for your healthcare through our taxes.

Yes, under our quasi-socialized healthcare, you might have to, which is why I warned of this with Obamacare years ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe some people don't want children because of, you know, everything going to # and all. Should they be punished for that decision by never being able to have sex because it might lead to a very expensive baby? I don't know about you but sex is pretty awesome, I shouldn't be punished because I'm making what is (in my mind) a morally responsible choice by not wanting to bring a child into this #ed up world.

It seems as though you believe that the only two options are to either never have sex (which is something we are innately wired to want) or have the financial burden of an unwanted baby forced upon you.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 30-6-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

Maybe some people don't want children because of, you know, everything going to # and all.

Then maybe they should practice safe sex or contraception.

Should they be punished for that decision by never being able to have sex because it might lead to a very expensive responsibility that they may not be financially or musky prepared for?

This right here is what I mean when I say we live in an infantilized society. When exactly does personal responsibility come in?

I don't know about you but sex is pretty awesome.

Fun and games is great but reality has to set in at some point. Sex is reproduction and you will be forced to accept that if you do so without the above-mentioned protection. This isn't rocket surgery.

It seems as though you believe that the only two options are to either never have sex.

🙄

or have the financial burden of an unwanted baby forced upon you.

Condoms and other contraceptives are available for both men and women. Vasectomies are reversible.

Not wanting a baby isn't an excuse for killing it or, conversely and for the sake of this topic, to abdicated responsibility for taking care of the life that was created.
edit on 6 30 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join