It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government meddling at it again (vaping)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi all.
So I used to smoke , quit 15 years ago , after many attempts as it's very addictive.
Now with all the stress from the last few years not helping in my already stressful life, I started vaping a few months ago.

I had been longing to smoke again for a very long time, so it's wasn't anything impulsive.
I did not want to start smoking as I hated smelling like an ashtray , plus it's just scary what it does to you with all the added chemicals.
Vaping is probably at 90% less damaging than smoking ,doesn't contain half the chemicals , it's not nearly as addictive (coming from an ex smoker) and it's much cheaper.

Now this is off course why the government/big tobacco are doing everything they can to get vaping banned for being 'dangerous to kids'
This is 100% the only reason , as for the reasons stated above , it's a threat to big tobacco.
They want people heavily addicted to and sick from smoking (helps big pharma).

There's a ton of regulations/new laws against vaping, all in the name of profit.
It's absolutely criminal as vaping helps many to quit smoking, and many that won't be able to vape might go back to smoking.

I won't , I won't ever , the hell with it then, then I'll quit vaping like I did with smoking.
I'm sick to death of our criminal corrupt , in cahoot with big pharma / big tobacco government!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Hi all.
So I used to smoke , quit 15 years ago , after many attempts as it's very addictive.
Now with all the stress from the last few years not helping in my already stressful life, I started vaping a few months ago.

I had been longing to smoke again for a very long time, so it's wasn't anything impulsive.
I did not want to start smoking as I hated smelling like an ashtray , plus it's just scary what it does to you with all the added chemicals.
Vaping is probably at 90% less damaging than smoking ,doesn't contain half the chemicals , it's not nearly as addictive (coming from an ex smoker) and it's much cheaper.

Now this is off course why the government/big tobacco are doing everything they can to get vaping banned for being 'dangerous to kids'
This is 100% the only reason , as for the reasons stated above , it's a threat to big tobacco.

There's a ton of regulations/new laws against vaping, all in the name of profit.
It's absolutely criminal as vaping helps many to quit smoking, and many that won't be able to vape might go back to smoking.

I won't , I won't ever , the hell with it then, then I'll quit vaping like I did with smoking.
I'm sick to death of our criminal corrupt , in cahoot with big pharma / big tobacco government!

Not to be the reformed jerkwad former smoker cause I completely understand, it's not easy

I had a 40-plus year daily tobacco habit, I finally quit my last step was vaping, it helped me wean myself off of it. I still miss the hell out of it though 5 years later. I still got 2 unopened cartridges

I still often dream of a pinch just between my cheek and gums, LOL. I woke up disappointed I didn't have my can of Copenhagen.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hi all.

3 days before my 38th birthday my ole lady brought home a couple of vuse stick and cartridges and said she thinks we should try these.

I was a camel light smoker for more than 25 years at that point.

I plugged it in charged it up tried the one tasted like a cigar not bad though then I tried the golden tobacco and omg it tasted almost exactly like a camel light.

I haven't had a cigarette since that was 4 years ago and I can breathe again better than ever.

I go play basketball here and there and keep up with the 20 year olds just fine.

I'm sure the vaping cured me of smoking and I can put the value down anytime

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I support all of you in your desires to be vapists and if this lands you in prison I will strongly support you being vaped in prison.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I support all of you in your desires to be vapists and if this lands you in prison I will strongly support you being vaped in prison.
What?

Vaping is not illegal , it's been regulated to death because of $$$ and power greedy a**holes in government/big tobacco.

Off course , I don't expect any sane sensible reply from you ever though.
edit on 30-6-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Vaping is not illegal.

Not yet but when it does become illegal I will still support your right to get vaped on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Vaping is not illegal.

Not yet but when it does become illegal I will still support your right to get vaped on a daily basis.

Then they need to make alcohol illegal as well as it causes more death and destruction than vaping ever will.
The vaping industry will start lawsuits , it will be easy to proof all this is about profit.

Now you're on idiot ignore

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Then they need to make alcohol illegal as well...

They tried that once, plus you really can't play on the word 'rapist' with that one.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Vaping was recently outlawed here in Mexico.

As to smoking, you might look at growing your own tobacco. Like you said, I believe it's mostly the added crap that makes one sick. Of course, use of tobacco in moderation is also key, like every thing else in life. Hell, chocolate, ham sandwiches or even water can be damaging to health if people use those things like many people use tobacco.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Vaping is not illegal.

Then they need to make alcohol illegal as well as it causes more death and destruction than vaping ever will.
The vaping industry will start lawsuits , it will be easy to proof all this is about profit.

The tobacco industry is directly tied to the insurance and medical industry in a BIG way. $$$$ Vaping has gotten many, many people off their $$$$ daily habit, and isn't supporting Big Pharma.

I started smoking at 13, back when the government subsidized the tobacco industry and commercials extolled the 'coolness' of smoking. My monthly medication now is astronomical; just hospice alone is over $5,000.00 a month. Lung reduction surgery was over $68,000.00. It's a multi-layered, rigged system that sure looks an awful lot like a Ponzi scheme.

Vaping offers a much healthier path to the future, but comes at a multi-billion dollar loss to the cash flow going back into government coffers. I'd rather see black market vaping products than the drugs that our government ALLOWS to flow into the country.

To all you holier-than-thou folks, keep in mind we all choose our own death. Eat your fast food meal with a beer chaser and keep it zipped.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Vaping is not illegal.

The tobacco industry is directly tied to the insurance and medical industry in a BIG way. $$$$ Vaping has gotten many, many people off their $$$$ daily habit, and isn't supporting Big Pharma.

I started smoking at 13, back when the government subsidized the tobacco industry and commercials extolled the 'coolness' of smoking. My monthly medication now is astronomical; just hospice alone is over $5,000.00 a month. Lung reduction surgery was over $68,000.00. It's a multi-layered, rigged system that sure looks an awful lot like a Ponzi scheme.

Vaping offers a much healthier path to the future, but comes at a multi-billion dollar loss to the cash flow going back into government coffers. I'd rather see black market vaping products than the drugs that our government ALLOWS to flow into the country.

To all you holier-than-thou folks, keep in mind we all choose our own death. Eat your fast food meal with a beer chaser and keep it zipped.
Exactly! And I almost never eat fast food (maybe once a year at most), and don't even drink alcohol. It's all about profit for big pharma /big tobacco.
I hope lawsuits will follow , as it should be very easy to proof it's about big pharma /big tobacco profit

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I heard that Juul company is fighting them on it. I guess we will see where this goes. I used Juul to quit and so did many of my friends a while back. I’d also agree that after switching to Juul pods I felt a lot better and successfully helped me quit. Plus kids don’t really smoke the Juuls anymore, they smoke the already banned Mr. Fog vapes that they purchase at those gas stations ran by the Indian guys. Unsure why they’re allowed to sell them but nobody else can?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I heard that Juul company is fighting them on it. I guess we will see where this goes. I used Juul to quit and so did many of my friends a while back. I’d also agree that after switching to Juul pods I felt a lot better and successfully helped me quit. Plus kids don’t really smoke the Juuls anymore, they smoke the already banned Mr. Fog vapes that they purchase at those gas stations ran by the Indian guys. Unsure why they’re allowed to sell them but nobody else can?

I worry about the vaping industry being regulated out of existence , on purpose off course, by our corrupt government.
All the stress is not helping , I've spend a good amount of time today worrying about this

Never mind that the more they try to regulate and control , the more attractive it becomes for some.
I'm so p**ed about this.
We''re capable adults paying taxes/bills and fighting wars for the corrupt government, we're also capable and heavily encouraged to eat pure cr*p food , but making a decision on something that's not great , but less harmful than smoking? Oh no, not that!!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Regulation = Revenue = Taxes = Theft from the people .
DNC must be low on donations .

edit on 6/30/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Didn't they only ban one company, Juul or something like that.,. not all vaping?

top topics

join