It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Carnivore Diet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I came across this Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan video and it is fascinating. It seems Jordan has been on an only meat diet for a good while now, as also his daughter has been, and it has cured about every major issue they have. Both of them have some serious genic issues both physically and mentally with depression at a mega scale being one of the worst to the point of inhabilitating. His daughter has had many joint replacements, heavy anti-depressant meds her whole life, skin problems etc etc and all of it is gone on this strict meat only diet. Neither take any meds anymore and are healthier than ever in their lives. When I say strict I mean it fully as Jordan started with meat and some greens and even had to cut out the greens. He also went from 212 to 165 losing 7 pounds a month with zero dieting, eats to stay full, and even had a 30oz steak with Joe the night before.

It is meat, salt and water only, not even vitamins. Asked about vitamin C and he said you do not need it if you are not eating carbs. Jordan drop out of the lime light for about a year with serious mental and physical issues. In his first few videos back he was deathly pale and still had demons within his head, being still far from anything we would suggest, a good place to be, and felt his time here was coming to a close. So, think about that when you watch him in the video where he looks super vibrant, with great color and healthy as hell.

I myself do low carb and I'm thinking to go even lower as I want to lose more weight. I also like to fast for 3 to 5 days at a time, just water, coffee, vitamins and pre-workout drink before I go to the gym. I feel really good when I fast and then only eat meat on none fast days much as Jordan describes it for him.

There are many here into all this and other things, so I want your thoughts on it all.

edit on 30-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
With all the restrictions the doc wants for my diet, esp. eliminating carbs, I've thought that meat was all that was left other than veggies for the roughage. Nothing fatty mind you, bacon is out for the most part, but protein in the form of unprocessed meats are OK.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
With all the restrictions the doc wants for my diet, esp. eliminating carbs, I've thought that meat was all that was left other than veggies for the roughage. Nothing fatty mind you, bacon is out for the most part, but protein in the form of unprocessed meats are OK.

Forget the 'roughage' (the minimum daily requirement for fiber is the same as carbs - ZERO),, add the bacon and lots of fat from the fatty cuts of meat, and watch your health transform.

We - you - have been lied to for decades about saturated fats, cholesterol, etc being bad for us. The precise opposite is the truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As it was Julia Child attributed her longevity to a steady diet of red meat and
gin. My grandmother lived to the age of 97 and ate red meat often if not every
day, few carbs and plenty of home grown vegetables, no alcohol.

Common ingredient? Red meat. I'm not a huge red meat fan, but I know a few
pilots who eat lots of red meat and they have no problems with plaque, zero.

Its not conclusive, but it seems far more appetizing than eating soy based
fake meat, and bugs which some people say the EU will be pushing on school kids.

edit on 30-6-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Who can afford a pure Carnivore Diet in this economy ?

In all seriousness though I'm more of a ' Paleo Diet ' fan it seems to be a good balance of Protein and greens , It agrees with my body .

On a side note I would get your Blood numbers ran before committing to an all meat diet , That is a lot of Protein and it can be very hard on your Kidneys.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Forget the 'roughage' (the minimum daily requirement for fiber is the same as carbs - ZERO),, add the bacon and lots of fat from the fatty cuts of meat, and watch your health transform.

We - you - have been lied to for decades about saturated fats, cholesterol, etc being bad for us. The precise opposite is the truth.

HMMM...I just wonder how true this is?!

My bf eats lots of meat, junk food, salt, and bread. I on the other hand try to eat healthier, and have given up nearly everything due to increasing health issues (IBS, Back problems, stomach issues, heart racing, low vitamin D, low iron, tired all the time, etc...) Some days I feel I can barely walk the clothes to the washer! had to give up almost all activity but just barley walking around for exercise!! Been in the ER about 3-4 times in the last 2 years, lots of doctors and they find little things wrong but they say nothing serious enough for surgery or anything! and they also say no need to do anything different! So... having read this thread and your post...I am so close to the edge but I think I may jump off finally. I am going to try eating more meat and just see if it makes any difference. I normally just try to eat a little chicken or turkey. Wonder how a steak would be? might try to eat one once in a while again.
edit on 30-6-2022 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I did carnivore for 90 days 2 years ago. I never fealt better. Inflammation was completely gone. Mental clarity was on point. My energy stayed through the day. I slept better. I told my doc I was gonna try it so I got blood labs before and after. The only change as far as that goes was my cholesterol went up. He wanted to put me on two statins. I told him no, I’ll add fish oil to my diet. I still very rarely eat carbs, but I think I’ll be going back to it. Inflammation is back and my focus is gone. Yay for adult add!
edit on 30-6-2022 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Who can afford a pure Carnivore Diet in this economy ?

In all seriousness though I'm more of a ' Paleo Diet ' fan it seems to be a good balance of Protein and greens , It agrees with my body .

On a side note I would get your Blood numbers ran before committing to an all meat diet , That is a lot of Protein and it can be very hard on your Kidneys.

I'm a big fan of meat, eggs, cheese, nuts, greens. I was just kind of shocked with hearing about a full meat diet and seems to be working well for him and his daughter. And yes it isn't cheap, but I do buy my meat by the half cow and my last order was 433 pounds.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well it is a hell of a lot easier to do. No real thinking. In the video he does talk about a good amount of fat, like more than what we would see as normal, so bacon is fine if you buy the right kind directly from a butcher.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

And yes it isn't cheap, but I do buy my meat by the half cow and my last order was 433 pounds.

That is the smartest way to do it mate for sure .

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

He eats a lot of fat...The Intuits lived on blubber, BTW lol

It seems it all doesn't work if you even eat a small amount of carbs, and he said if he does, it messes him up for a month with his fragile conditions.

Cook in real butter is the thing now, remember when butter was bad? Remember when eating 6+ times a day was good, now it is one time a day with longer fasting mixed in. Remember the food groups with fruits and carps like 80% of the diet.

Once farming started population exploded because it provided a more consistent source of food, but then our brains also have shrunk in the last 20,000 years, and I wonder how naturally stronger men of 20,000 years ago were compared to us today.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

That is the smartest way to do it mate for sure .

You need space but at about $3.60 a pound for all cuts to include the hamburger is pretty good, and grass/oats fed with zero chemicals and it taste really good, not everyone can buy in bulk though, but it is much cheaper and better to do if you can work with a rancher directly.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
As it was Julia Child attributed her longevity to a steady diet of red meat and
gin. My grandmother lived to the age of 97 and ate red meat often if not every
day, few carbs and plenty of home grown vegetables, no alcohol.

Common ingredient? Red meat. I'm not a huge red meat fan, but I know a few
pilots who eat lots of red meat and they have no problems with plaque, zero.

Its not conclusive, but it seems far more appetizing than eating soy based
fake meat, and bugs which some people say the EU will be pushing on school kids.

I don't remember in the video if he also eats chicken, pork, eggs and fish too? Seems it would make sense, and good changeups for taste.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
I did carnivore for 90 days 2 years ago. I never fealt better. Inflammation was completely gone. Mental clarity was on point. My energy stayed through the day. I slept better. I told my doc I was gonna try it so I got blood labs before and after. The only change as far as that goes was my cholesterol went up. He wanted to put me on two statins. I told him no, I’ll add fish oil to my diet. I still very rarely eat carbs, but I think I’ll be going back to it. Inflammation is back and my focus is gone. Yay for adult add!

If you watched the video he says exactly what you just said, and more. The bigger for him is the mental clarity and mental balance. He said he is sharper today then ever before in his life, that says a lot if you are Jordan Peterson.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't remember in the video if he also eats chicken, pork, eggs and fish too? Seems it would make sense, and good changeups for taste.

I imagine so, my grandmother loved pork chops too and fish, no dairy at all
but she did eat eggs. Personally, I like my meat to have a lot of real spices,
not a lot of salt or any MSG or artificial flavors. Fresh herbs, garlic rubs,
citrus marinades. Citrus marinade is a nice change up for the summer.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have seen this quite some time ago after i ran into this video from his daughter who pointed him to this solution :

Ted Talk refused to post her talk on their channel. Suspicious is not even the right word. Before this i saw some value in Ted talks but after learning this not anymore.

I also showed this to someone i know who has the same condition and she tried the diet out. Now a few months later she is doing so much better then she has ever had in the past 10 years.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Round here you can get a quarter of a cow for like $900 after processing or it may be $650 after processing. but at like 130 lbs of meat thats a good deal i think

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

HMMM...I just wonder how true this is?!

My bf eats lots of meat, junk food, salt, and bread. I on the other hand try to eat healthier, and have given up nearly everything due to increasing health issues (IBS, Back problems, stomach issues, heart racing, low vitamin D, low iron, tired all the time, etc...) Some days I feel I can barely walk the clothes to the washer! had to give up almost all activity but just barley walking around for exercise!! Been in the ER about 3-4 times in the last 2 years, lots of doctors and they find little things wrong but they say nothing serious enough for surgery or anything! and they also say no need to do anything different! So... having read this thread and your post...I am so close to the edge but I think I may jump off finally. I am going to try eating more meat and just see if it makes any difference. I normally just try to eat a little chicken or turkey. Wonder how a steak would be? might try to eat one once in a while again.

Do yourself a favor and watch the video, its only 30 mins and very interesting. He says just try it for 30 days... It would be interesting to see how you did on it for 30 days.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I went on a chicken bacon diet, green apples and 3 litres of water a day
Lost 20 % of my weight in 2 months, couple of years ago, still eat bacon chicken but mix it up, still not gained much and if I do, week or two, bacon chicken, green apples and water is a quick fix

Fatty bacon cooked in chicken with onions, pretty tasty

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join