It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Days Until James Webb's Deeper Field Image Release ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
After what feels like an eternity of waiting since Webb deployed the first full colour Image or Images from JWST will be released in 12 days from now , exciting for anyone who has waited for this thing to get going but made more exciting by a comment made yesterday at a press conference by NASA administrator Bill Nelson that among the first pictures from Webb will be "the deepest image of our universe that has ever been taken".

NASA administrator Bill Nelson said Wednesday the agency will reveal the "deepest image of our Universe that has ever been taken" on July 12, thanks to the newly operational James Webb Space Telescope.
"If you think about that, this is farther than humanity has ever looked before," Nelson said during a press briefing at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore
www.sciencealert.com...

Sure sounds like Deep field 2.0 is on the horizon potentially showing the Universe in its infancy.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I mean thats pretty cool but..........how are we trying to see so far into space

But totally ignoring our own planets oceans? Why arent we spending the money to explore the bottom of that?

I get it, theyve basically "sonared" the bottom, but they still know fk all about it or the animals

I think we should shift focus

Also these pics, they could TOTALLY make them up and no one would be the wiser
edit on 30-6-2022 by optimisticcontrarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: optimisticcontrarian

But totally ignoring our own planets oceans? Why arent we spending the money to explore the bottom of that?

There are plenty of ocean explores already out there but exploring Deep Space is a bit more difficult , it will tell us more about why we are here and if anyone else is out there.

Also these pics, they could TOTALLY make them up and no one would be the wiser

Then you are welcome to just ignore them.
edit on 30-6-2022 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Really looking forward to seeing these images .
I just hope they match up to all the expectation and hype.

Its truly mind boggling when one thinks about just how far back in time and space these images are coming from.

👍

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Did it not already put out the first picture, pretty sure I seen that.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Did it not already put out the first picture, pretty sure I seen that.

Yes , this.

That was a test picture but the release pictures on the 12th will be in colour.

edit on 30-6-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
it's been 12 years since Hubble got that incredible shot of Galaxy after Galaxy. This new telescope is going to blow our tiny minds. Can't wait. Thanks for the update Gortex.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Very cool, something to look forward too.

I`m reminded of one of my favorite videos and was about to post it but found the remastered it to 8k!

It just makes all the humdrum down here on this little blue globe seem nearly insignificant...

Just realized they changed the background song I was sort of partial to so heres the original,

edit on 30-6-2022 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If this deep upcoming photo will show the universe in its infancy, will what became our solar system be in the picture?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't wait to see the photos!

I love all of the Hubble images, but this is something much more profound!

s&f

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I’ve waited almost 20 years for this since i first read about it in the early 2000’s. It was supposed to be up and running in 2015 and I remember feeling like that was so far away. It’s really sad it took this long and we lost so much valuable time of research. It truly hurts. I hope this project is a smashing success

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DystopianSunfall666

I agree the delays were frustrating but unlike with Hubble we have no way to fix Webb should problems be found after launch so the abundance of caution is understandable , now the wait is nearly over and we prepare to enter a new age of space exploration with our shiny next gen telescope.
Can't wait

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The first image from the Webb telescope will be released TODAY, at 5 pm est by the President of the United States.
One day earlier than the rest...interesting!

(CNN)The first glimpse of how the James Webb Space Telescope will change the way people see the universe is arriving a little earlier than expected. President Joe Biden will release one of Webb's first images Monday at the White House at 5 p.m. ET. The preview event, during which NASA Administrator Bill Nelson will also share remarks, will stream live on NASA's website. The rest of the high-resolution color images will make their debut as planned on Tuesday, July 12, one of which "is the deepest image of our universe that has ever been taken," according to Nelson.

www.cnn.com...

Here is the live feed it will be on.

edit on 11-7-2022 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

NASA administrator Bill Nelson said Wednesday the agency will reveal the "deepest image of our Universe that has ever been taken" on July 12, thanks to the newly operational James Webb Space Telescope. "If you think about that, this is farther than humanity has ever looked before,"

Woah.....that's deep man. Don't look too far now.
edit on 11-7-2022 by BadFinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The time was moved to 5:30 ET, which is 20 minutes from now,
Check the live feed.

top topics

join