It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Vs Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There are two types of meditation and both are influenced by the supernatural. But one form is influenced by malign unseen spirit entities, the other is influenced by the holy spirit and the true God.

The first form of meditation comes from ancient eastern religious roots. Along with other spiritistic practices it brings one in contact with wicked spirit forces. It teaches a person to empty their mind to become one with the universe to try and connect with the Supreme being.

In western society yoga has been in vogue now for awhile. It comes from ancient Hindu philosophy that says God cannot be known through scripture or reason, only through mystical experiences. So those mystics practice yoga, Yogic meditation, dulling the intellect to try and achieve trances and feelings of ecstasy. Those who achieve such a state are said to have found truth and have attained moksha.

By emptying one's mind and dulling their senses the Yogi can see and hear strange things. Along with other extreme practices, including fasting, drug-taking, extreme isolation, and such things a person can also hallucinate. They can also be attended by mystical events of the kundalini type.

Some who get involved with yoga and the practice of this form of meditation do not really know the false religious roots behind such practices and fall pray to Satan the Devil. Some have even shown that the practice of yogic exercises are really readying the body and mind for possession by Satan and his wicked demons.

Quite contrary to the philosophical teachings of the mystical gurus and yogis of ancient Hinduism God's word tells his servants to use their power of reason:

"Therefore, I appeal to you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, a sacred service with your power of reason."-Romans 12:1.

How does using this form of meditation on holy scripture differ from the former? Well the former teaches the adherent to empty ones mind to leave it open for possession by the spirit world. The second form of meditation is guiding with a person's own thinking ability and power of reasoning:

"Safeguard practical wisdom and thinking ability;
22 They will give you life
And be an adornment for your neck;
Then you will walk on your way in safety,
And your foot will never stumble.
"
-Proverbs 3:21-23.

God's wisdom, far above that of empty human philosophy, tells us to read in God's word day and night:

"His delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.
 He will be like a tree planted by streams of water,
A tree that produces fruit in its season,
The foliage of which does not wither.
And everything he does will succeed.
"
Psalms 1:2-3.

But reading isn't just enough. Reading without meditating is like chewing food and then spitting it out. In order to have benefit from the food you need to sallow it and let your system digest it. So it is with God's word. One needs to read with sincerity of heart, and with heartfelt prayer for holy spirit. Then while one reads God's word his holy spirit moves that person as God speaks with the individual. Then they would meditate on what God has revealed to them, pondering over God's word, digesting it, asking self-searching questions, what does this teach me about God? About his love? What does his reveal about me? How is God answering my prayers through means of his word? How can I apply this in my life? How can I be more like God in this regard? What is God's thoughts on this matter?

Empty meditation really is dangerous and leads to contact with demonic spirit entities.

Healthful meditation on God's word and his wonderful works and his creation gets one in touch with the Creator, with the use of your reasoning faculties and power of reasoning. It is influenced by God's holy spirit by means of sincere prayer and earnest effort to understand how God is communicating with us through his word in the Bible. For God's word is alive and exerts power and is able to penetrate to the very marrow of a person, discerning thoughts and intentions of the heart:

"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart."-Hebrews 4:12.

"Ponder over these things; be absorbed in them, so that your advancement may be plainly seen by all people."-1 Timothy 4:15.

"I remember you while upon my bed;
I meditate on you during the watches of the night.""

-Psalms 63:6.

"I meditate on all your activity;
I eagerly ponder over the work of your hands.
"
-Psalms 143:5.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good luck on your next Crusade.

Don't forget to sack your allies like in Constantinople.

Nothin like a good old mob based on a book.
'My God is the only true God'

a reply to: randomuser

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the Baptist church I attended as a teenager. The Sunday sermon was about the horrible Chinese and how they were importing demons into our country via windchimes. ( I secretly think the pastor just hated the sound of windchimes.)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If you have the chance to walk into the mountains and watch the waterfalls splash with life, then one may understand that meditation is a relaxation of the mind that is thoughtful free.

A balance of peaceful attacks is what meditation is about. Control them attacks through smoking some good MJ.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A yogi may say to you that if you believe yoga or meditation are about "dulling the senses" you may not have been reading accurate information about the subjects.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There's much more than 2 modalities of meditation, just saying.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
There are two types of meditation and both are influenced by the supernatural. But one form is influenced by malign unseen spirit entities, the other is influenced by the holy spirit and the true God.

God is on your side, huh, bro?

Nazi belt buckles all said, "Gott ist mit uns"

Yay, God!

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Obviously you have never read the life stories of christian saints? A site called mysticsofthechurch is a great resource. Many of their life stories are horrific. From Jesus dragging them around the floor by their hair every night to experiencing their own crucifixion nailed to a cross. St Gemma Galgani for instance tells that Jesus stated to her that all his children must be crucified.

Good luck with that!

Similarly, many people have had negative experience with eastern meditations as well.

It seems we have a choice. We can either cling to life desires with all our might and have either Jesus or Krishna forcibly rip our fingers from that life. Or we can simply choose to release our grip on our life desires for ourselves.

You have chosen the hard way. Me being a big coward, have chosen the easy way. I never have experienced any negativities in my mindless meditations, nor will I. Because all those negativities exist in thoughts themselves. Where I exist there is nothing to be found. There is nothing to experience except for I AM.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Say what?

I did the American pretendeu buddhist thing for a long time. And then I kept the basics in my self-styled philosophy because they are awesome.

Mainly, contemplating things like the Three Universal truths (Marks of existence). Which are great to bring up to understand Buddhism.

Anicca Impermanence (Pali anicca, Sanskrit anitya) means that all things (saṅkhāra) are in a constant state of flux. Buddhism states that all physical and mental events come into being and dissolve.[11] Human life embodies this flux in the aging process and the cycle of repeated birth and death (Samsara); nothing lasts, and everything decays.

Dukkha (Sanskrit duhkha) means "unsatisfactoriness, suffering, pain".[15][16][17] The dukkha includes the physical and mental sufferings that follows each rebirth, aging, illness, dying; dissatisfaction from getting what a being wishes to avoid or not getting the desired, and no satisfaction from Sankhara dukkha, in which everything is conditioned and conditioning, or because all things are not experienced as impermanent and without any essence.

Anatta (Sanskrit anatman) refers to the doctrine of "non-self", that there is no unchanging, permanent Self or soul in living beings and no abiding essence in anything or phenomena.

Not much connection to supernatural spirituality or god there. Contrary to Western lensing of Buddhist philosophy it's the opposite.

It was a lot about character faults that cause suffering. My worst one was "eye for an eye morality". As my tendency to react with vengeance to provocation led to short-sighted decision making and emotional recklessness. Which increased my overall suffering. My need to glorify my own ego and will to power led to horrible and selfish decisions that made the already imperfect impermanent experience that much worse.

My phenomenal experience is all I get. And if my character flaws make that life "flux" for the worse, that's what I get. There's lots of personal accountability in Buddhism.

And I use that example on purpose. Because its two different paths to the same realization in the benefit of letting things go.

Instead of a God telling me to turn the other cheek, I do so anyway because it lessens the suffering in the little time I have.

Life is short (And thats all you get), Don't waste it pouring gasoline on yourself.
edit on 29-6-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   

God doesn't have any words. The divine is whispered through synchronicity.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

How long have you practiced? T.M. myself. For 51 years since the 60's. You?
And is your observations based on experience or study?
Thanx

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Please say a prayer, for those other 7 billion people, born into the wrong Religion™ .

Was Baptized™ despite my protests !

Some adults seem to think that a pissed-off baby is cute !!! Hmmph !

Am just joking-around.
Wish you peace and Love brother.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Combining the 2 is the answer, some have figured this out.

top topics

join