It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets talk about child mutilation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
I remember, the western females had a huge outcry, just before she brought her baby boy to get mutilated.

Not my baby boys! Try using a smaller brush before painting all females as doing this.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

a reply to: CthruU

More than half of newborn babies are circumcised in the USA. You do practice child mutilations. Uncomfortable topic indeed. I get that you of all, don't want to talk about childhood sexual traumas

Uncircumcised males are at risk of serious complications in adulthood, and surgery to correct the problems is carries some very serious risks. In infancy, the risks are minimal, so it's done as a preventive measure.

An adult male family member faced complications directly caused by not having been circumcised, and it's not an experience I would wish on anybody.

Circumcising your newborn is an option; it's not like anybody is being forced to have it done. I would caution everybody to do their research and make an informed decision before classifying it as 'mutilation'.

midicon: Chronic conditions- such as diabetes to name just one- can cause serious, painful issues. Even if it was limited to just lack of cleanliness, that wouldn't bode well for the thousands of homeless men living on the street. There are definitely long-term pros and cons to consider.

I came from scotland where it was unheard of back then. None circumcised in our family as it's not our religion. No one had issues and if there were it would be few and far between in the population. I know a couple guys who've said they had issues in the early teen years but nothing that couldn't be fixed by "stretching" it out and likely from inactivity and families that said "don't touch it, or the willy bird will steal it"

Too much obsession with sterilization level cleanliness too. If it looks like a willy, it smells like willy. Same as for women's bits. All the pheromones there too. Animals survive without washing their junk. Nature will balance itself and the odd wash in between is just for social reasons.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Sorry then, I thought painting with big brushes was en vogué around here

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

More than half of newborn babies are circumcised in the USA. You do practice child mutilations. Uncomfortable topic indeed. I get that you of all, don't want to talk about childhood sexual traumas

Uncircumcised males are at risk of serious complications in adulthood, and surgery to correct the problems is carries some very serious risks. In infancy, the risks are minimal, so it's done as a preventive measure.

An adult male family member faced complications directly caused by not having been circumcised, and it's not an experience I would wish on anybody.

Circumcising your newborn is an option; it's not like anybody is being forced to have it done. I would caution everybody to do their research and make an informed decision before classifying it as 'mutilation'.

midicon: Chronic conditions- such as diabetes to name just one- can cause serious, painful issues. Even if it was limited to just lack of cleanliness, that wouldn't bode well for the thousands of homeless men living on the street. There are definitely long-term pros and cons to consider.

I came from scotland where it was unheard of back then. None circumcised in our family as it's not our religion. No one had issues and if there were it would be few and far between in the population. I know a couple guys who've said they had issues in the early teen years but nothing that couldn't be fixed by "stretching" it out and likely from inactivity and families that said "don't touch it, or the willy bird will steal it"

Too much obsession with sterilization level cleanliness too. If it looks like a willy, it smells like willy. Same as for women's bits. All the pheromones there too. Animals survive without washing their junk. Nature will balance itself and the odd wash in between is just for social reasons.

I don't disagree with anything you said. The problems are rare, but pretty miserable if they occur. The latest studies show the the ricks of contracting an STD are lower in circumcised males.

I'm just sharing information I have learned from personal experience and reading; as always- do your homework before deciding important issues. That includes the learning about the down side, too.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

No it is not. It does not effect us men who were circumcised in the least.

Medics and psychologist disagree... We all learn to cope with our experiences differently, denial is often the first and only step we dare to take...

Those who know say it has not changed their sex life.
Clear difference with mutation you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

here is a practice in the western world that is so barbaric weird,

It's not actually a western practice at all, it's an Abrahamic tradition with Semitic roots which is commonly practiced by Jews, Muslims as well as some branches of Christianity.

Most circumcised men aren't western and most western men aren't circumcised.

In fact, circumcision is actually pretty rare in the West, it's barely practices in Europe except by Jews, and it's almost unknown in the the Anglosphere outside of America.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Most have this done at an age, they can't consciously remember.
Many of those who can remember and dared to look, said it did mess them up.

I said nothing about mutation...

You meant mutilation...here's the definition.

To injure severely or disfigure, especially by cutting off tissue or body parts.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Except that those complications are almost unheard of in Europe, France and Germany have a circumcision rate of about 10-12 percent.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I seem to remember that it used to be done because people thought that it reduced the amount that boys masturbated.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was about to mention the dry desert conditions, i think this also why people in these areas dont eat pig , as in the hot conditions pig meat would go rancid very quick. a reply to: midicon

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It is a common practice in hospitals...
There is no justification for such an invasive medical procedure, all the issues can be solved if they arise.

Can it really be we accept some sick baby torturing cultural thingy in modern western hospitals

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Most have this done at an age, they can't consciously remember.
Many of those who can remember and dared to look, said it did mess them up.

I said nothing about mutation...

You meant mutilation...here's the definition.

To injure severely or disfigure, especially by cutting off tissue or body parts.

Maybe a little discernment could be used. Most people could fill in with ease.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Except that those complications are almost unheard of in Europe, France and Germany have a circumcision rate of about 10-12 percent.

Does it help
Study: A comparison of the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections among circumcised and uncircumcised adult males in Rustenburg, South Africa: a cross-sectional study

Results
A total of 339 participants with a median age of 25 years (IQR 22–29) were included in the study, of whom 116 (34.2%) were circumcised. The overall STIs prevalence was 27.4% (95% CI 22.8 to 32.6%) and was lower in the circumcised participants compared with those who were uncircumcised (15.5% vs 33.6%, respectively, p

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Isn't it kind of a logical thing that people, with a sexual trauma due to their sexual organs being mutilated at an early age, are sexually less active and therfore transmit lesser disease?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Isn't it kind of a logical thing that people, with a sexual trauma due to their sexual organs being mutilated at an early age, are sexually less active and therfore transmit lesser disease?

God would not have ordered the Israelites to do it if it were a problem.
The maker of the body should know best.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yep... Rejoice... Halleluja... Let's mutilate babies in the name of God?
You'd think the recent discussions would have brought the conclusion that life is precious and should be taken care of at all cost, at least thats what I took from the more vocal posters around here.

There is no caring element left in this practice, if there ever was.

But hey... i guess you do you, most prople have learnd to judge others by their action and not their word, don't be surprised. Yelling in the name of god, just before committing an atrocity is not going to cut it

Or is it really that simple?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Call me a pessimist, but I wouldn't be taking medical advice from a imaginary deity, written in a book authored a few thousand years ago. I'll guess it was probably not up with modern medical and hygienic practices and standards...

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: igloo

Sorry then, I thought painting with big brushes was en vogué around here

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
Call me a pessimist, but I wouldn't be taking medical advice from a imaginary deity, written in a book authored a few thousand years ago. I'll guess it was probably not up with modern medical and hygienic practices and standards...

If you looked deeper you may learn different.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I don't believe I will, I was brought up in a catholic family, the moment I was old enough to make my own decisions, I decided I wasn't one. But hey, if religion brings you joy, indulge away. Life is too short to not bring as much joy for yourself as you can!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join