It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sense the other shoe's about to drop on the economy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
All the big techs since 2017 have behaved totally abnormal and instead of giving useful updates they either take away features and/or do stupid political things that hurt their bottom line yet seem relaxed about it not at all worried about so many unsubscribing from broken services you'd think something is up. I feel the big tech knows something as they have news we don't get. And by news I mean even beyond WSJ which is expensive enough as it is!

When Dad worked at Don West a small Mom and Pop pharmacy they had access to the WSJ and unlike other outfits you pay 500$ or more to get it and it's used as a 'trend' which they have to get it right so we'd know somewhat what was happening months before it did. Meaning big business doesn't want to be wrong or they'd lose their shirt so they invest where it counts but now a days it's ran by idiots whom do everything your taught not.

Since the 70s in general it's been that way but now it's on a whole new level of BS and it stinks to high heaven and this is not even the 'communist' side of things that is way worse. For a while there was this tug of war between big tech and communist now they have sided completely to the Xi Jinping way of doing things.

It makes it REALLY hard on what to vote for because if you don't vote then your voting in the bad guys by default as it just gives them more power to win. Hell in our Oregon last election Kate Brown won by only just 3 votes. 3 people could've stopped her from winning but for whatever reason didn't and either voted her or didn't vote at all and could've been a vote against her. Next time how about you be one of those 3 in your state even if you ddon't like the person's person just look at if he or she did the right or wrong things in a fiscal matter. Who has the highest stink? Her or him?

I voted Trump even though I don't like his personality one iota the rest were absolutely for China while Trump at least attempted to put a block on it and it started to work to some degree. We were getting some factories come here in the US in business friendly states (sadly not ours we HATE business in our state!)

edit on 29-6-2022 by SortingHat because: We hate business in our state! Don't build your store here!

edit on 29-6-2022 by SortingHat because: WSJ expensive enough as it is!

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

Monopolies is what happened. The free market beast has swallowed up opportunity for diversity of enterprise. The economy is only interested in corporations. Small business is only good for funding the state and buying from corporations as customers who are a bit more useful than individual consumers.

Governments are interested in small business only in terms of making sure they pay their obligatory taxes. You can vote on how much you want that to be in terms of the politicians who best represent your stance. You can offset low taxes against the amount it harms you socially, for example, law and order, housing, education, health, and all the stuff that is supported by taxes.

Might many of our state problems socially be related to our constant demands that politicians don't take much from us? Might the EU have better society in many ways than the UK and America because they understand that if you want society it requires all to support it with motivation, behaviour actualisation and taxes.

Driving down taxes seems to be running parallel to social decay as I am seeing it with these sore eyes that have had to watch us fall to pieces during my life time. Personally, I believe our loss of faith and religion is mainly to blame. Jesus said pay your taxes because He understood better society comes from better funded federal and state government. We are now unashamedly greedy and religion kept that in check to some degree among the masses. The masses are as much if not more locust than those who lead them because they keep forcing politics of greed upon their leaders and themselves. They still keep voting for Barabbas and reap what they sow accordingly.

You voted Trump. You got Trump. You voted Biden you got Biden. Voting does not work overnight. You have to keep choosing the least of two evils most of the time. Eventually if you keep doing that you will end up with very well performing and caring leaders. You are evolving politics.

Keep choosing the best of a bad bunch. It is working, much too slowly, but it is working.

Remember it is only you who is deciding who the good guy and bad guy is. Others may have a different opinion about what is good and bad for them and their circumstances. Democracy is democracy. It can never be consensus. The only consensus you ever get is when it is forced upon you by a dictator who says they will torture you if you don't do what they tell you to.

Even Scripture has evolved out of millions of arguments, disagreements, et c. Some have been deadly. Look how angry they got with Jesus. To this day Jews still have debates that are on fire with interpretation and opinion. It is passionate and alive.

How can we little people moan at G-D's or evolution's ways? It is like banging your head against a stone wall like the one we nod our heads to in the Old City. For now the gate is all blocked up and we must get on with this dreary task of grinding ourselves, generation to generation, through the millstone to find what is chaff and what is wheat about us.

Keep encouraging a good crop, for a good harvest, for good flour, for good bread that we break and eat as the body of Jesus for those of us who believe it. Jesus is only as effective on this earth in the flesh as His followers allow Him to be. His followers are only as effective as their own strength to grow healthily among the weeds or as bright as the lamp they are holding is. We have light. We have water. We have fertilizer. We will be kept from the locusts and pests if we spray G-D's pesticide all over everything we do.

I seem to be inspired right now I am noticing. My lamp seems to be lit.

edit on 29-6-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarantula777

We will be kept from the locusts and pests if we spray G-D's pesticide all over everything we do.

Really, just put God in there, and things are fine? You should give Monsanto a holler. If only people would accept weeds as demonic and pesticide as godly. I'm sure it is some sort of benevolent pesticide...⁣

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The buying power has slowed down due to less population.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   

We seem to be stuck in an internal war between monopolies vs communist thought control. I am not sure which is worse but many of this generation wants to get rid of capitalism all together you can see all sorts of things how 'Capitalism has killed gaming,movies,etc' but the truth is I think our lack of morals and understanding is. Do you think hyper capitalism or communism is scarier?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

We will be kept from the locusts and pests if we spray G-D's pesticide all over everything we do.

Really, just put God in there, and things are fine? You should give Monsanto a holler. If only people would accept weeds as demonic and pesticide as godly. I'm sure it is some sort of benevolent pesticide...⁣

Sounds a bit like the holy hand grenade of Antioch.

genius.com...

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Lyrics
ARTHUR:
Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

MONKS: (chanting)
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem

ARTHUR:
How does it, um-- how does it work?

LANCELOT:
I know not, my liege
ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!

BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one

SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--

MAYNARD:
Skip a bit, Brother

SECOND BROTHER:
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

MAYNARD:
Amen

KNIGHTS:
Amen

ARTHUR:
Right!
One!... Two!... Five!
GALAHAD:
Three, sir!

ARTHUR:
Three!
(angels sing)
(boom)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It will drop before Christmas, perhaps before the midterms.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I wonder if they will allow a mid terms to even happen. I think that's why they suddenly lifted the mask mandates not for our benefit but they have something up their sleeves later. We haven't gotten rid of our face shields just in case.
edit on 30-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)
They are ready to be whipped out in case the mask police happens. Some places don't even allow face shields and they don't tell you ahead of time.
One museum in Astoria Oregon did that and should've posted at the door 'No Face Shields accepted PERIOD' and those of us who need them won't bother to come in and be rudely snapped at.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I saw a rare site today. The SUBWAY sandwich shop was replacing their entire set of menu/price displays up on the wall, because every single item now costs 20% more. Just like that....boom!

I was wondering when Biden-Inflation would start hitting the "fast food" industry.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Subway could reduce prices by 50% and I still would not eat there. They are not SUBS, they are inferior fillings in lousy breads. Real SUBS are a New England thing (yea, include Jersey and Philly as well).

Italian bread, non-processed meats and cheese, diced tomatoes,onions,pickles with real Olive oil and Vinegar dressing.

If these real sub shops go up a little in price, it is justifiable because this stuff is expensive, more so for the excellent Mom and Pop shops that make the best SUBS in the world.

edit on 30-6-2022 by charlyv because: s

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Scotus just ended Obamas strategy of using federal agencies to enforce policies he could not get legislation for.
Energy is back.
Epa and Lisa Jackson got smacked.
Watch gas cheapen
Watch electricity cheapen

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can’t wait for the commercial

Four. Four Inch. Four Inch Five Dollar Foot Long.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What happened? Nothing on the news.

new topics

top topics

join