It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch and Catholicism - Community Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Question for you folks, no religious esoteric rants today...Maybe..

So I'm of the impression that the Book(s) of Enoch are not part of Catholic cannon, nor Orthodox or protestant (although I am understanding that the Coptic church accepts the books as cannon).

I did a little digging, the official accepted reason the Book(s) of Enoch were not included are such:

The Book of Enoch was considered as scripture in the Epistle of Barnabas (4:3) and by many of the early Church Fathers, such as Athenagoras, Clement of Alexandria, Irenaeus and Tertullian, who wrote c. 200 that the Book of Enoch had been rejected by the Jews because it contained prophecies pertaining to Christ.

So what does the Torah say about prophesizing in Judaism?

A person who possesses the highest intellectual and moral virtues can receive prophecy if he purifies himself and is free of sin. Nevertheless, prophecy is not automatic; God might still withhold prophecy from someone who is fit for it.

Now we should ask ourselves, who was Enoch....? Ironically...we find our answer easily in official Catholic cannon...

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

What's odd however is how everything comes full circle. From the Ptolemaic Egyptian dynasty, to Moses, to the Hellenistic rise in Judaism during the 3rd century BC to the 3rd century AD, you could even argue the Roman Empire with their obsession with Egyptian phallus' (obelisks). Ironically, Greek and Hebrew are the only languages that are not based on "feel", but are "religious" languages. I made a seperate thread on the creation of the Hebrew language within my Kabbalah Crash Course thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

It is said that the Hebrew language was created by God himself (through Binah), and as a matter of fact, they say you can find God's name in every Hebrew letter. In Hebrew, there are no lower case letters, all letters are capitalized. Furthermore, you read Hebrew right to left and there are no vowels, only consonants. The first Hebrew letter is Aleph and the last is Tav. Aleph Tav, I AM.

And as such, the first Greek letter is Alpha, and the last Omega. The Alpha, and the Omega...

What's even more odd is official Catholic cannon recognizes Enoch as such:

Jude 14-15

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

So while I may have lied to you...slightly...about me ranting, I'm humbly here looking to engage in conversation so I can better understand and see a clearer picture.

As always, love ya'll.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I guess my question is why is the Book of Enoch not accepted as official cannon when it's recognized in the official cannon, meanwhile we changed the Sabbath to a Pagan religious holiday at the decree of a former Pagan

In the year 321 A.D., Constantine decreed, "On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed" (Codex Justinianus lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3, p. 380, note 1).

edit on J23622 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

Enoch was sealed until the "last days".

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church safeguarded it until the age of the last days when it could be shared with people across the world (internet).

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyNeutr0n
I guess my question is why is the Book of Enoch not accepted as official cannon when it's recognized in the official cannon, meanwhile we changed the Sabbath to a Pagan religious holiday at the decree of a former Pagan

In the year 321 A.D., Constantine decreed, "On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed" (Codex Justinianus lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3, p. 380, note 1).

Do you really want the answer to those questions? Here is a documentary that has those answers.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe Enoch was ruled out because of mans constant need to change things into his rule for his benefit. We may never know the true books of the Bible but I know that whoever changes one word is doomed.

I've read through some of Enoch and it is rather remarkable.
The details are overwhelming and captivating.

There are many books out there that aren't "canon".

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I believe Enoch was ruled out because of mans constant need to change things into his rule for his benefit. We may never know the true books of the Bible but I know that whoever changes one word is doomed.

yes there are a bunch more books.

Enoch lived before the flood and walked with God and was never seen again. so it is said.

The books, gospels and epistles found in the Holy Bible are writings considered to be divinely inspired. But are there chapters of the Bible that are missing? Have stories been censored? Find out in Season 1, Episode 3, "The Forbidden Scriptures."

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

Enoch was sealed until the "last days".

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church safeguarded it until the age of the last days when it could be shared with people across the world (internet).

Interesting, it wasn't "unearthed" (not literally) until 1948.

a reply to: infolurker

I will have to give this some time a little later, thank you for the content

I guess this is a given, I mean...look at Constantine.

What's even more remarkable to me (if you were unaware), there are 3 books of Enoch, part of a 3 book series. Enoch I, Enoch II & Enoch III. The latters are much more remarkable reads than the former, divulging more in depth into the makeup of the heavens.

The Nag Hammadi Library and the Enoch series has been a remarkable find in recent time. With those two scriptures, the esoteric, pagan and typical religions of the world seem to come into clearer view. As I mentioned before, there's a direct line from the Ancient Egyptians to the present day as far as "dogma" goes.

It's the same story told in a different language of Earth and it's luminaries.
edit on J51622 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

edit on J56622 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
yes there are a bunch more books.

Enoch lived before the flood and walked with God and was never seen again. so it is said.

Which is very interesting, because before "Jesus", how could a soul be saved? Heaven was not "open for business" until "Jesus died for our sins". As we are flesh and blood, we are born from sin, into sin, there-fore no one is worthy of entering Heaven...until...

So even Moses was said to have not gone straight to Heaven. However, Enoch "essentially" never died. As you said, he "walked" with God into Heaven. In hermetic and esoteric circles (like Kabbalah), this is considered ascension of Jacobs Ladder, passing from the material into the spiritual.

And this little side rant brings me back to the Apocryphal of John, how he mentions the demiurge created this material realm as a spoof of the spiritual realm, where-by "God" resides.

Anyway...star's for ya'll

ETA: @sarah; Enoch lived post-flood.
edit on J58622 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join