It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey agrees to back Finland and Sweden's bid to join alliance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Oh i still see you think and claim that i am a Russian bot?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There has to be a better way that is equitable to both sides. Even Volodomyr Zelenskyy has said that this war only ends with diplomacy.

Its the US and UK that are pushing Ukraine further in the conflict.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

why would i think u at all ? i don´t, are u attention seeker ?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: projectvxn

But I sure as hell would like to know why it is the United States and NATO has to escalate this conflict instead of trying to arbitrate a peace deal.

Because the West has seen what happens when you play the appeasement game with a madman with an army.

And you know the fundamental difference between that period in time and the modern world?

Nuclear weapons.

We can't base a current response on what happened in the 1930s, where the only warfare was conventional warfare.

Which ironically means some form of appeasement is today the safest option for the world.

edit on 29-6-2022 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: XipeTotex

Kekkonen was a victim of cold war between USA and Russia nothing else. He wanted good relationships with Kennedy and USA ( remember Cuba crisis ) . Finno Soviet agreement was forced in 1948 to keep Soviet somewhat happy, this treaty was post war agreement not to get involved in USSR and USA disgreements this treaty was called as Paasikivi–Kekkonen doctrine. This agreement lead to note crises when Finland joined in UN and Soviet send a note and threathened with war against Finland if it takes sides between US and Soviet Union.
What have u been reading ?

I am not a russian you paranoid bee.

And i am afraid the situation was/is a bit more complicated than your summary.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Turkey and Western countries are throwing kurds under the buses what Turkey wanted from this is that they can attack SDF forces as well.

Donald Trump already did that a couple of years ago so no change there.

I'm sure your concern for Kurdish people is genuine and not just another excuse to have a pop at the West.... who as far as I'm aware haven't bombed any populated shopping centers anywhere.... ever.

edit on 29-6-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Turkey has demanded that they both send Kurdish citizens, Who they call terrorists to Turkey to stand trial. I guess they have agreed.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When the Ukrainians store weapons in shopping centers, like it or not they will be targetted.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
Turkey has demanded that they both send Kurdish citizens, Who they call terrorists to Turkey to stand trial. I guess they have agreed.

Here is how that works. they send them,then mid flight there is a hijacking,and they dissapear. After those 2 are already in NATO,and safe from turkeys BS.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
weird that by any nato top / G7 ore europe top ect ect russia helps the pleds of ukraine for moore weapons by making an hit on civillian targets!!..
funny ... is it possible that ukrain did it thereselfs for moore money and weapons? ... they own the same rockets that russia have so nobody will see the differance ! and the odds are on there sides by western propaganda
russia is one... but ukrain issent much better both are corrupt to the bones !

edit on 29-6-2022 by visres because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Deals have been done and Turkey will now accept the inclusion of Finland and Sweden into the Alliance at NATO's Madrid summit this week.

A statement from the president of Finland, Sauli Niinisto, said: "We had a thorough meeting with president of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan and prime minister of Sweden Magdalena Andersson, facilitated by secretary general of NATO Jens Stoltenberg.

"As a result of that meeting, our foreign ministers signed a trilateral memorandum which confirms that Turkey will at the Madrid summit this week support the invitation of Finland and Sweden to become members of NATO."

Mr Stoltenberg confirmed the the agreement, saying the memorandum addressed Turkey's concerns, including around arms exports and terrorism.
news.sky.com...

This is awful. It is a provocation towards Russia. Completely unnecessary and it will vindicate Russias belief that NATO was pushing right up to its borders - setting up weapons systems uncomfortably close.

Russia has said it wanted the NATO line back where they were in I believe 96'. I would have to find the link to confirm, but this would be in direct conflict with that demand.

Imagine China and Mexico joining forces in an alliance and China placing bases and weapons 20 miles from Texas. The USA would not allow that in any way, shape or form to occur. Why should other major nuclear powers have to allow that from potentially hostile nations?

As a side note any nation joining NATO now should be forced to repay 2% of GDP for each year that they were not in NATO before membership can go into effect. Let's get those 60+ years of 2% back pay. Also to be clear I absolutely do not want any new NATO nations and would prefer it to be abolished entirely. Surely the EU can protect itself from the big bad Russians and Chinese - right?

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So hundreds of Kurt's are now going to live the rest of their lives in jail, tortured and worse.

After they offered up their lives to fight for the west.

And some morons still see the west as the good guys huh.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Imperator2

Maybe decades under Soviet rule had to do something about it ? Life was not easy there, tourist could use items like pantyhoses and plastic bags as a currency as those were rare items there, buying Vodka etc .
Remember those countries were forced under soviet rule and in their own countries they were treated as second class citizens.
GULAG
Soviet repression and deportations in the Baltic states

Isn´t it amazing how Baltic States prospered after Soviet rule was gone.. because they were FREE
edit on 2-7-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Anything is better than Russia

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Imperator2

This is awful. It is a provocation towards Russia. Completely unnecessary and it will vindicate Russias belief that NATO was pushing right up to its borders - setting up weapons systems uncomfortably close.

It's an action provoked by Russia through their invasion of a neighboring country so Russia has no real reason to complain , threats made toward Finland and Sweden have resulted in them seeking security.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

When the Ukrainians store weapons in shopping centers, like it or not they will be targetted.

If only they could build a missile that can be used a night to target these civilian targets like shopping centers when nobody is there.

Your argument is flawed.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 11SK1180

If only they could build a missile that can be used a night to target these civilian targets like shopping centers when nobody is there.

Your argument is flawed.

Nobody was at the shopping centre, it wasn't operational.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Nobody was at the shopping centre, it wasn't operational.

You really should stop listening to Russian propaganda.
CCTV footage shows people shopping at Kremenchuk mall when Russian strike hits.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Derp

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join