It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the πŸ’© economy is a big factor in delaying BOTW2 which should've been a fast game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Edit: This took me several hours to make so please be gentle: I have autism so I need gentle suggestions I'll try my best to be open:

Based on it being a bit more then DLC and reusing assets.This video explains it better!
this game should've come out within 3 years tops since they have the graphics/physics down unlike when BOTW was knew coming from a major different direction then Skyward Sword and pat games. Majoras Mask came out in 1/2 years and had major effects graphically thanks to the 4mb expansion pack despite it's cut down dungeons they were all interconnected wonderfully!

Anyways since 2020 the virus has taken a huge hit and the governments all spent trillionz (with a Z) putting all of us in debt globally thru various stimulus crap and now we are starting to pay the piper. Biden has killed all energy policies that will make the US good and now draggin the rest of the world. When the US sneezes the world gets a cold!

So the point isnot Nintendobut it's higher ups and shareholders are all scared #less now not knowing what's around the corner and each time they try to make any development on their first parties since 2019 they keep getting setbacks. Also don't forget their themepark they opened and spent more millions (or perhaps trillions) on with people too afraid to travel there. I THINK Japan has just lifted most travel restrictions but don't quote me on it as they tend to be stubborn against change so Nintendo needs desperate money.

Sure the Switch has outsold for a long time but that is easily spent most likely on the stupid theme park there that isn't going to go anywhere: This is actually a bad time to invest in anything big UNLESS big business knows something we are not being told and perhaps it really is a scam which is why they are not afraid to keep tossing millions at what seems should be useless projects while the rest of the small business scene suffers.

Essentially we are in a bad spot globally right right now for those of us wanting BOTW as it's my most favorite and only modern game I can stand but . The rest are too dark or fast paced,etc. My parents also help me too since we come from a more 'traditional' background but not what you think: Anyways Eldin Rings looks to be the best contender which I will likely get this late summer/fall when it gets darker longer again assuming Second Wind doesn't have anything major happen.

On a side note: Breath of The Wild has the right pacing with lots of relaxing moments in between finding those memories (EX) memories if you have the expansion: and if I need more action I simply switch to the mod on my PC giving me more action then I can shake a Korok Leaf at!

I feel the Relics mod should've been the REAL Master Mode in the vanilla game we got and it would've been worth almost full price and possibly no Koroks constantly telling me how useless they are!!!

edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Physics engine

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
No because it’s just one project in a sea of projects that Nintendo has going hand the average person even the average gamer doesn’t care about the game even a fraction as much as you do.

a reply to: SortingHat

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't know if what you are saying is true. BOTW sold a ton more at the beginning of the pandemic.

Dec 9th 2019 total sales were only 16.34 million, by the end of March 2020 Nintendo sold 22.28 million. By far the largest jump in sales, for a game that released in 2017.

BTW, your OP is good. Don't doubt yourself. You explained yourself perfectly!πŸ™‚βœŒ

If anything the pandemic fueled sales of the OG and video games, in general. Here is a breakdown of sales for it.

www.statista.com...
edit on 28-6-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They can't even get the collectors edition of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 out the door; BotW 2 doesn't even shock me at this point. It does make sense since Monolith were the ones who did the world design for BotW that this would be delayed in some fashion.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The economy , as far as I know , has never been a factor on releasing new game titles .
Delays happen and for various reasons .
The main 2 reasons :
1) It ain't ready.
2) Waiting to see what new technology is on the way .

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I think work from home is affecting them somehow getting very little done. They may have crap internet at home and you cannot collaborate your ideas as well as being in person where your coworkers can be with you live pouring over the details. Also when the pandemic happened the economy was in a much better shape. Trump partially gave us energy independence which is now all reversed within 3 days of 2021 Inauguration.

This is why Executive Orders SUCK even if they intend to be good. They are for the government only but have been abused as general law for the past few decades. Trump was pushed into being a pen and paper President since the media went into a frenzy making him into a whipping post and he partially fueled things himself by blasting all the Republicans (since some are sheep in wolve's clothing or is it the other way around?) I suck at old sayings. Of course nobody would naturally want to work with him after being torn apart he said the right things but had the wrong attitude.

It's equal to hitting the hornets nest and being surprised when they eventually sting you for your attempts. They stung us hard in 2020.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

China is still shut down so we can't get that new technology now until the πŸ’© comes to a complete
if that's the right emotion to use. The manufacturing industry is being hit hard by this lots of worker's laid off or not working here and I think the leaders know this. You don't want to release your best product when people are going to be fighting for survival instead.

BOTW the economy was a lot smoother even in the beginning of the pandemic but we did everything you shouldn't during a bad time so now we are paying the price. Quite dearly too. The worst isn't even to hit till later in the year all the food experts show massive worldwide shortage by late August as in not find anything in the stores kind of shortage.

It would be like in BOTW going to the food stores and finding maybe some goat butter left at high prices and the rest empty with the owner having no idea when he will get more as each time he thinks it will come more πŸ’© happens (some artificial and some natural) keeps blocking the supply chain.
People grow desperate when that happens and that can turn either good or bad depending on society's construct and frame of mind.

This will trickle down to entertainment as people when they are desperate start being something called penny pinchers at least the smart ones and get very frugal. You'll know when we are in the REALLY bad stage when that happens. Some cases it's here locally. We have been pinching pennies and so has a good chunk of the US. I hardly EVER see anybody browse the game sections compared to pre pandemic meaning people are spending less on entertainment.

Digital Services for a short bit saw an uptick of activity during stay at home orders but the woke agenda has put an end to that and many are losing their stocks as they keep pumping out one piece of crap after another. It's been in the news briefly at random times. Disney is the biggest loser of all sadly. It's not the Disney I knew as a kid/young adult and Roy would NEVER have approved even a fraction of the things going on and have gotten to the bottom of htings.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

In fact I think the Switch 2023 biggest title is going to be the Legend of Zelda HyperInflation of Time which is why they refuse to reveal the title. It will create a panic and a massive amount of distrust at first until they see how reality almost matches it then go 'Ohhhh yeah so THAT'S why they choose that!'

It's an 8 + player survival MMO where everything is hard to get and the government keeps locking people down making it harder to go out and get said supplies and doing weird πŸ’© that feels more like a global reset. Your goal is to try to evade the ever increasing amounts of guards and patrols that will lock you up if your out at the wrong time without a pass or some kind of proof your allowed to be there due to Ganon's 'malice' out of control so it's for your safety of course. DON'T QUESTION THE KING!!! Do you want to be on a no flight list?
edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Don't you dare question the king!

Gameplay: Interesting story and mechanics:
Story: Better then rescuing Zelda over and over again:
Music: Lots of creepy notes and horror inspired music.

Can you Run It? (Steam Edition)
Potato PC:
Average PC:
Gaming PC: βœ” (With settings dumbed way down to 2010 level)
Does the NSA have a spare computer to use? βœ”
edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Settings dumbed way down.

edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I think they announced this game WAY too early. For a sequel reusing assets it should be a quick title like OOT-Majoras Mask was which MM turned out to be a beautiful game and even MM threw some new mechanics in as rushed as it was they didn't totally recopy BOTW where as BOTW2 will reuse the same freaking map! Plus some sky islands that don't look like much unless your a SS nerd which may have been why they pushed SSHD when we all wanted Wind Waker instead: Wind Waker won't make sense for BOTW2 unless they also expand out to sea and maybe do WWHD that way?

I figured 2020 was going to be the release date for Holiday 2020 or Holiday 2021 at the latest due to the pandemic they'd have to work from home and that would slow things down a bit. I think Nintendo is scared of something they know we don't also they have had some deaths in recent years to deal with so I think they also may be sad.
edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: May be sad.

edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: WW won't make sense for BOTW2.

Iowta passed away at a young age, Reggie left, The father of the NES died last year during game awards,etc. There may be more I don't know but without their guys there fully things are disorganized. Japanese culture is all about order out of chaos so they don't have the glue that sticks them together now. Also I forgot to mention Doug Bowser may have also butted heads repeatedly with them.
edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Deaths in the Nintendo family.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Backagain

We still had the Trump economy. We haven't had a single new war despite the media turning him into a whipping post and saying evil things that wounded up being not true yet say it enough times and the lies will be believed regardless. The economy is f'k now globally to the point where nobody knows what direction things are going to go. The technology scene can't make something out of nuttin.

Companies always hold back during lean years. In fact even during good years they are often afraid to take risks due to the way their mental thinking works which is why shareholders should never be in charge of decision making as they think like books and don't treat people as people. But this is a test we are going thru.

I forogt to mention that under Obama we had 6 years of almost depression level economy in all but name and games were broken then too. Even Nintendo was more into shovelware which SS was half assed compared to either TP and especially WW. Both better economies. SSHD was an era of broken releases from ALL companies not just gaming. Products were just junk back then as companies were looking ways to save every last penny.

Businesses over expanded in the Bush era not watching for signs of the failing dollar and paid the price dearly.

Only 2 years were good and that was because they got caught 'fudging' the numbers or 'cooking the books' we sold our small house during that time (2013) because we knew the hype wasn't going to last and it turned out we were right. Had we waited another year (which I originally wanted) we would've not been able to see it as fast as we did and for as much. The next year the truth came out about the economy and things sunk again as the previous two years were a bunch of false positive BS to keep the 'hope' alive which none of the economic factors matched reality.

edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Obama's economy paying the price dearly.

edit on 28-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Can't make something out of nutting.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The globe outlook is pretty scary thanks to tearing down our energy policies and high inflation to chase after shadows so I think gaming is going to be delayed a lot both software and especially hardware wise.

Economies doesn't actually affect games itself: What it affects is the leadership decisions: Andthe leaders whether or not THEY feel happy or sad. If the world outlook is shaky (which it's very much so) they won't want to put all their eggs into one cart and make unusual risks. Better to play it safe which means doing what 'works' before meaning less and less innovation or half assed stuff if they do.

We have never had the globe this bad since 1940 and many felt the other shoe was going to drop but got poo pooed. It eventually did by 1942.
edit on 1-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)
While the economoy didn't free fall like 1929 it didn't really get strong either except for war industries.

People started holding onto their wads more and it started the DYI trend that would really take off in the late 40s. 'Rumpus Rooms' became a thing as long as the rumpus's were kept under control and also lead to the term 'Rat Race' as people wanted cheaper housing which meant they commuted to work and drove all the way home again.

edit on 1-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join